Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

How do I get the cadence to work

Started by wackydeirdre · · Last activity · 7 posts · 1,029 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
23 May 2005
Last activity
24 May 2005
Original author
wackydeirdre
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,029
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a Cateye Astrale CC-CD100 N ll trip computer on my bike. I noticed the cadence was not working on it but not until it was on my bike for a while. Cadence was not important to me until fairly recently. I can't seem to get the cadence to work. The wires are aligned and when I brought my bike back to the shop that installed it he had no problem getting it to work. What am I doing wrong?😕

  2. The sensor is probably out of alignment. The magnet needs to pass close to the very end of the sensor. And try to get the sensor as close as possible to the magnet without actually touching it.

  3. Try realigning the magnet/sensor first, but if that doesn't work...

    I used to have a cateye and quite often it would stop working and I could just wiggle the computer a little and it would start reading again. It was as if the mount was slightly out and a light wiggle would get it working again. A mate of mine had the same problem with his Polar.

  4. Make sure the alignment of the actual computer with the sensor is unobstructed. Sometimes the brake or gear cables can cause interference.

    Also, check to make sure your cadence magnet is not on backwards. Somtimes, this can happen during installation.

    Tailwinds,
    Vector7

    wackydeirdre said:

    I have a Cateye Astrale CC-CD100 N ll trip computer on my bike. I noticed the cadence was not working on it but not until it was on my bike for a while. Cadence was not important to me until fairly recently. I can't seem to get the cadence to work. The wires are aligned and when I brought my bike back to the shop that installed it he had no problem getting it to work. What am I doing wrong?😕

  5. JohnO said:

    The sensor is probably out of alignment. The magnet needs to pass close to the very end of the sensor. And try to get the sensor as close as possible to the magnet without actually touching it.


    Thanks I'll give it another look

  6. Walrus said:

    Try realigning the magnet/sensor first, but if that doesn't work...

    I used to have a cateye and quite often it would stop working and I could just wiggle the computer a little and it would start reading again. It was as if the mount was slightly out and a light wiggle would get it working again. A mate of mine had the same problem with his Polar.


    Did you finally give up on it and get another one? Also, do you mean give the sensor a wiggle or the actual computer?

  7. Vector7 said:

    Make sure the alignment of the actual computer with the sensor is unobstructed. Sometimes the brake or gear cables can cause interference.

    Also, check to make sure your cadence magnet is not on backwards. Somtimes, this can happen during installation.

    Tailwinds,
    Vector7


    Will do, thanks!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.