How do I tell if the rails are bent?

lichr

Jun 27, 2005
Hi everyone.

I just purchased a Terry's Liberator Ti saddle. The rails don't seem to quite fit into my kalloy seatpost clamp (but I clamped it down anyways). Are the rails supposed to fit the clamp perfectly? My old saddle fits it pretty snugly. I have since gone back to my old saddle.

Is there any way to know if the rails are bent? Does it matter if it doesn't clamp down perfectly?

Or is my seatpost just too cheap...

Thanks.

I have had several and I use a couple of those saddles. Good product, I'd say. There will sometimes be a width issue with seat clamps, but this is usually self correcting if you install carefully, as the seat has inherent flex in the body. If It does not allow this to happen, check both against knowns, or ask a shop.

lichr said:
Hi everyone.

I just purchased a Terry's Liberator Ti saddle. The rails don't seem to quite fit into my kalloy seatpost clamp (but I clamped it down anyways). Are the rails supposed to fit the clamp perfectly? My old saddle fits it pretty snugly. I have since gone back to my old saddle.

Is there any way to know if the rails are bent? Does it matter if it doesn't clamp down perfectly?

Or is my seatpost just too cheap...

Thanks.
Did you check if the old saddle has the same diameter as the new one. that could be the problem! :confused: