I think the best way to get drivers to respect cyclists is for cyclists to respect the rules of te road. One thing that burns me as a cyclist is seeing other cyclists running red lights. How do we expect drivers to treat us as equals on the road when there are those (cyclists) who think they're above the law?
There are plenty of car drivers that also have no respect for the law.. Running red lights, stop signs, not stopping for trams, blocking tram tracks, violation of speed limits, ignorance of speed advisory signs on curves, straying across multiple lanes etc are illegal actions that I see committed by car drivers on an almost daily basis.. Cyclists are pretty good by comparison..
There are plenty of car drivers that also have no respect for the : law.. Running red lights, stop signs, not stopping for trams, blocking tram tracks, violation of : speed limits, ignorance of speed
I totally agree but unfortunately in this non-utopian world so many car drivers do it that its considered the norm. I think people notice cyclists breaking the law a lot easier than motor vehicles because they are always looking for an excuse.
Originally posted by cfsmtb Agree with your comment Mr Smasher, but I'm gonna go off topic with this thread.
Actually, I'm mildly concerned with your handle. Do you or don't you like Bicycle User Groups (BUG's)? cheers, Member of Several BUG's in Melbourne😄
I didn't realize that BUG was an acronym. My apologies to all the BUGs out there. It was a nick name my dad gave me for always riding out front of the pack.