Commuting and Road Safety Β· Public discussion

how do you handle damp stinking cycling gear?

Started by dot Β· Β· Last activity Β· 8 posts Β· 2,291 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Commuting and Road Safety
Published
30 July 2006
Last activity
15 August 2006
Original author
dot
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,291
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I dry it under my table πŸ˜„ but it looks not a very good idea. It still smells not so good but I'm the chief in the room so I can do it πŸ˜„ I have no place for drying it without disturbing anyone's nose.

  2. dot said:

    I dry it under my table πŸ˜„ but it looks not a very good idea. It still smells not so good but I'm the chief in the room so I can do it πŸ˜„ I have no place for drying it without disturbing anyone's nose.

    throw it away and buy new ones youll impress everyone with your financial abilities

    i dont know im in teh same prob myself i just hang it at my desk if anyone says anyhting i take it down and apologise

    other than that

  3. If your bike is parked in the basement at work, you could lay it out over your bike. Otherwise, you could use a 2nd set for the return ride home.

  4. I bought a cheap (about $3 I think) fold out airing rack. I put it in a storeroom, put my gear on it and then aim a fan at it. Dries out nicely for the return trip.

    The last place I worked had an air-conditioning equipment room. It was quite blowy in there so I strung up a small clothes line. Worked great.

  5. I always have a shower when I get to work, so the socks, pants, overpants, thermal top, tshirt and whatever else gets rinsed thoroughly in the shower, then squeezed out and hung to dry in the compressor room, which no-one works in and has strong ventilation. The jacket gets hung out by my workbench, doesn't stink too much. The helmet, gloves and shoes I spray with a alcahol/water mix to kill any bugs living in the sweat, and left to dry near my workbench (I'm bluecollar). I also spray the alcahol mix in my work boots after a 12 hour shift. No probs with athletes foot now - no expensive cures needed.

    In this particular department I think I may have the best job ever. The showers here are mind bogglingly good. I get out when I start to weaken from the heat.

    At home I wash the cycling pants in the shower, but everything else goes in the wash, except the jacket, which I use every day and wash on my days off. Unfortunately this has resulted in the bright reflective material of the jacket suffering some mold, when its spends periods of time damp with sweat and no drying air current, which is really only an aesthetic problem. One I would like to cure somehow though.

  6. I go to bed in it,that usually dries it out very nicelyπŸ˜„,actually I hang it on the clothes line provided it's not raining,that way it gets a good airing.

    hbb

  7. I drape it over the PC monitor, which is nice and warm and gets it dry.

  8. I have a hook and hanger at my cubicle, and I hang the shirt inside-out on that hanger and hang the shorts on the hook inside-out. I also make sure that on a possible rainy day, I am wearing all-polyester, which dries out quickly anyway.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users Β· 0 guests Β·0 bots Β·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.