How many pork chops. . .

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, "Dimitri"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >. . . constitute a serving?

>> > How many do you fix?
>> > --

>> That depends on what type and how thick they are cut. I think it is
>> more viable to talk about serving ounces.

>> Dimitri

> Oh, pishtosh! Are you (and a couple others with similar remarks)
> telling me that you go to the store for po'k chops and say, "Let's see,
> I need 36 ounces of pork chops"? Instead of "I need six chops for
> dinner on Sunday."
> --
> -Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 7/8/05 WeBeJammin'!

No, but look the package you are purchasing and about how many chops are in the
package. If boneless then more often than not they are loin chops and all about
the same size. If mixed bone in 1 chop for the lite eaters and 2 for the bigger
earters. Then again if its the old Pork Chops Supreme. Serve everyone else and
give me the rest of the pan - As a matter of fact give the the pan and all.

Recipe below:

Pork Chops Supreme

This is a favorite comfort food pork chop recipe that my family loves. The
recipe originally came from the Betty Crocker Cookbook from the 1960s.

4 pork loin or rib chops, about 3/4-inch thick
Salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
4 thin onion slices, about 1/4-inch thick
4 thin lemon slices, about 1/4-inch thick
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup*

* Chili sauce or your favorite barbecue sauce may be substituted.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper.
Place pork chops in ungreased shallow baking pan. Top each pork chop with a
onion slice, a lemon slice, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 1 tablespoons ketchup.

Cover and cook for approximately 20 minutes. Uncover and cook spooning sauce
over the chops occasionally, an additional 30 minutes or until the internal
temperature reaches a temperature of 155°F on a meat thermometer. Remove from
oven and serve.

Phred wrote:

> Do you good folk have a standard "pork chop"? Over here, you can buy
> pork chops ranging from about the size of a lamb loin chop up to a
> slab that will barely fit on a large dinner plate. Mind you, I have
> to say most people I know will always only eat one at a meal. (Or
> maybe they would eat more if they were given more. :)

Around here (southern Ontario) you can get a wide range of cuts of pork
chop. There are shoulder chops and loin chops. The loin chops can be as
thin as 1/4" or they can be more than an inch thick. They come on the bone
or boneless I choose chop thickness based on what I plan to do with them. If
I am going to stuff them I get them thick enough to cut a pocket in them,
but if I am going to grill them I get them as thin as possible, use a dry
rub and then do them a minute or two on each side on a hot grill.

Phred wrote:

> Do you good folk have a standard "pork chop"? Over here, you can buy
> pork chops ranging from about the size of a lamb loin chop up to a
> slab that will barely fit on a large dinner plate. Mind you, I have
> to say most people I know will always only eat one at a meal. (Or
> maybe they would eat more if they were given more. :)

Around here (southern Ontario) you can get a wide range of cuts of pork
chop. There are shoulder chops and loin chops. The loin chops can be as
thin as 1/4" or they can be more than an inch thick. They come on the bone
or boneless I choose chop thickness based on what I plan to do with them. If
I am going to stuff them I get them thick enough to cut a pocket in them,
but if I am going to grill them I get them as thin as possible, use a dry
rub and then do them a minute or two on each side on a hot grill.

In article <[email protected]>,
Dave Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

> Lamb is a different matter. While some people like cold lamb
> sandwiches, the only thing I have ever done with that that I enjoy
> with that is to make curry. Then there is left over pork. It leaves
> me completely uninspired.

When we roast lamb, we almost always make a pan sauce with red wine
and herbs. For leftovers, we eat it reheated in the sauce the first
day, and then make sandwiches the second day by sauteeing some onion in
a pan with olive oil, then frying thin slices of the lamb and serving on
toasted bread with the sauce. Lamwiches.

I like leftover pork, I eat it cold.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.