Road Cycling · Public discussion

How many Treks will they sell now?

Started by Claudius Vitalis · · Last activity · 37 posts · 934 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
22 July 2005
Last activity
26 July 2005
Original author
Claudius Vitalis
Posts
37
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
934
Views / 30 days
1

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 37
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with all
    those cool "7"s on it.

  2. They already can't meet demand. I just wonder how long it'll take for
    the post-lance let-down to fizzle out their sales.

    I'm sure they'll time it just in time for the launch of "Armstrong
    Cycles".

  3. "Andrew F Martin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    They already can't meet demand. I just wonder how long it'll take for
    the post-lance let-down to fizzle out their sales.

    I'm sure they'll time it just in time for the launch of "Armstrong
    Cycles".

    I'm thinking of an all pink Trek with the label "Wanna Salami?"

  4. Andrew F Martin said:

    They already can't meet demand. I just wonder how long it'll take for
    the post-lance let-down to fizzle out their sales.

    I'm sure they'll time it just in time for the launch of "Armstrong
    Cycles".

    I think that suggesting that Lance would be responsible for a chain of
    bike stores in Texas is somewhat insensitive...

  5. Andrew F Martin said:

    They already can't meet demand. I just wonder how long it'll take for
    the post-lance let-down to fizzle out their sales.

    I was driving past Waterloo today and Trek has a billboard on I-94,
    hiring for all three shifts.

    -- Dan

    --
    Dan Cosley ([email hidden] * http://www.cs.umn.edu/~cosley/)
    GroupLens Research Lab, Univ of MN (http://movielens.umn.edu/ * 612.624.8372)
    *** Just a foot soldier in the Army of Truth ***

  6. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Dan Cosley said:
    Andrew F Martin said:

    They already can't meet demand. I just wonder how long it'll take for
    the post-lance let-down to fizzle out their sales.

    I was driving past Waterloo today and Trek has a billboard on I-94,
    hiring for all three shifts.

    I asked a local bike shop owner if Lance decided to go for #8 but only
    if every bike shop in the USA sent him $10,000 would he do it...answer
    was "absolutely"

  7. Dan Cosley said:

    I was driving past Waterloo today and Trek has a billboard on I-94,
    hiring for all three shifts.

    What happened to the private jet? Did it land or is it still up there?

  8. "Claudius Vitalis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with
    all
    those cool "7"s on it.

    Think about this - I bought a Colnago C-40 frame and fork in almost pristine
    condition for a small fraction of what I'd have paid for a Madone 5.9
    because I couldn't find a Madone for sale at anything like a reasonable
    price.

    I'm thinking that the top line Trek will be drawing tons of buyers until
    Discovery Channel has newer winners to jazz up their advertising.

  9. "Claudius Vitalis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with
    all
    those cool "7"s on it.

    Think about this - I bought a Colnago C-40 frame and fork in almost pristine
    condition for a small fraction of what I'd have paid for a Madone 5.9
    because I couldn't find a Madone for sale at anything like a reasonable
    price.

    I'm thinking that the top line Trek will be drawing tons of buyers until
    Discovery Channel has newer winners to jazz up their advertising.

  10. "Claudius Vitalis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with
    all
    those cool "7"s on it.

    Think about this - I bought a Colnago C-40 frame and fork in almost pristine
    condition for a small fraction of what I'd have paid for a Madone 5.9
    because I couldn't find a Madone for sale at anything like a reasonable
    price.

    I'm thinking that the top line Trek will be drawing tons of buyers until
    Discovery Channel has newer winners to jazz up their advertising.

  11. "Claudius Vitalis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with
    all
    those cool "7"s on it.

    Think about this - I bought a Colnago C-40 frame and fork in almost pristine
    condition for a small fraction of what I'd have paid for a Madone 5.9
    because I couldn't find a Madone for sale at anything like a reasonable
    price.

    I'm thinking that the top line Trek will be drawing tons of buyers until
    Discovery Channel has newer winners to jazz up their advertising.

  12. "Claudius Vitalis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with
    all
    those cool "7"s on it.

    Think about this - I bought a Colnago C-40 frame and fork in almost pristine
    condition for a small fraction of what I'd have paid for a Madone 5.9
    because I couldn't find a Madone for sale at anything like a reasonable
    price.

    I'm thinking that the top line Trek will be drawing tons of buyers until
    Discovery Channel has newer winners to jazz up their advertising.

  13. "Claudius Vitalis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with
    all
    those cool "7"s on it.

    Think about this - I bought a Colnago C-40 frame and fork in almost pristine
    condition for a small fraction of what I'd have paid for a Madone 5.9
    because I couldn't find a Madone for sale at anything like a reasonable
    price.

    I'm thinking that the top line Trek will be drawing tons of buyers until
    Discovery Channel has newer winners to jazz up their advertising.

  14. "Claudius Vitalis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with
    all
    those cool "7"s on it.

    Think about this - I bought a Colnago C-40 frame and fork in almost pristine
    condition for a small fraction of what I'd have paid for a Madone 5.9
    because I couldn't find a Madone for sale at anything like a reasonable
    price.

    I'm thinking that the top line Trek will be drawing tons of buyers until
    Discovery Channel has newer winners to jazz up their advertising.

  15. Tom Kunich said:

    "Claudius Vitalis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with
    all
    those cool "7"s on it.

    Think about this - I bought a Colnago C-40 frame and fork in almost pristine
    condition for a small fraction of what I'd have paid for a Madone 5.9
    because I couldn't find a Madone for sale at anything like a reasonable
    price.

    I'm thinking that the top line Trek will be drawing tons of buyers until
    Discovery Channel has newer winners to jazz up their advertising.

    Could be, on the other hand, Trek can introduce a whole new line of LA
    tri bikes. And they could cross promote with Nike.

  16. Tom Kunich said:

    "Claudius Vitalis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with
    all
    those cool "7"s on it.

    Think about this - I bought a Colnago C-40 frame and fork in almost pristine
    condition for a small fraction of what I'd have paid for a Madone 5.9
    because I couldn't find a Madone for sale at anything like a reasonable
    price.

    I'm thinking that the top line Trek will be drawing tons of buyers until
    Discovery Channel has newer winners to jazz up their advertising.

    Could be, on the other hand, Trek can introduce a whole new line of LA
    tri bikes. And they could cross promote with Nike.

  17. Tom Kunich said:

    "Claudius Vitalis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with
    all
    those cool "7"s on it.

    Think about this - I bought a Colnago C-40 frame and fork in almost pristine
    condition for a small fraction of what I'd have paid for a Madone 5.9
    because I couldn't find a Madone for sale at anything like a reasonable
    price.

    I'm thinking that the top line Trek will be drawing tons of buyers until
    Discovery Channel has newer winners to jazz up their advertising.

    Could be, on the other hand, Trek can introduce a whole new line of LA
    tri bikes. And they could cross promote with Nike.

  18. Tom Kunich said:

    "Claudius Vitalis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with
    all
    those cool "7"s on it.

    Think about this - I bought a Colnago C-40 frame and fork in almost pristine
    condition for a small fraction of what I'd have paid for a Madone 5.9
    because I couldn't find a Madone for sale at anything like a reasonable
    price.

    I'm thinking that the top line Trek will be drawing tons of buyers until
    Discovery Channel has newer winners to jazz up their advertising.

    Could be, on the other hand, Trek can introduce a whole new line of LA
    tri bikes. And they could cross promote with Nike.

  19. Tom Kunich said:

    "Claudius Vitalis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with
    all
    those cool "7"s on it.

    Think about this - I bought a Colnago C-40 frame and fork in almost pristine
    condition for a small fraction of what I'd have paid for a Madone 5.9
    because I couldn't find a Madone for sale at anything like a reasonable
    price.

    I'm thinking that the top line Trek will be drawing tons of buyers until
    Discovery Channel has newer winners to jazz up their advertising.

    Could be, on the other hand, Trek can introduce a whole new line of LA
    tri bikes. And they could cross promote with Nike.

  20. Tom Kunich said:

    "Claudius Vitalis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait for the $5000 special Lance Madone edition, yellow with
    all
    those cool "7"s on it.

    Think about this - I bought a Colnago C-40 frame and fork in almost pristine
    condition for a small fraction of what I'd have paid for a Madone 5.9
    because I couldn't find a Madone for sale at anything like a reasonable
    price.

    I'm thinking that the top line Trek will be drawing tons of buyers until
    Discovery Channel has newer winners to jazz up their advertising.

    Could be, on the other hand, Trek can introduce a whole new line of LA
    tri bikes. And they could cross promote with Nike.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.