Quoted message said:I just heard a bit late that you should exercise every other day, but
lately I've been managing 30-60min/day of swimming--any chance it's
remotely too much? I don't swim particularly hard and I'd think I'm not
overdoing it, just making sure I'm not mistaken.
Seb
Conventional wisdom among bodybuilders has, for a long time, been that
it is best to exercise every other day (with an intervening day of rest
to allow the muscles to grow), though some bodybuilders who prefer to
exercise every day try to achieve the same result by alternating upper
body and lower body workouts (giving each set of muscles their
intervening day of rest).
Swimming, however, involves more than just bodybuilding. At least as
important is developing the skill to move through the water efficiently,
and skills tend to develop more quickly when you practice them every day.
The best approach may be to swim every day, but emphasize different
strokes on different days, so that you are not working out exactly the
same muscles two days in a row.
Bob