General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

How to clean squid

Started by OmManiPadmeOmelet · · Last activity · 26 posts · 582 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
15 May 2006
Last activity
19 May 2006
Original author
OmManiPadmeOmelet
Posts
26
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
582
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–26 of 26
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,

    DreamSong said:
    Quoted message said:

    I get these fresh frozen at the asian markets in Austin.

    Last summer there was a run of giant squid on Southern California.
    Several of my friends went fishing for them, but alas, I went
    squidless. Thanks for the pics.

    DreamSong

    Most welcome! :-)
    I think I saw some pics from that....

    Those were truly GIANT squid! <lol>
    --
    Peace!
    Om

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]"
    -- Jack Nicholson

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Steve Wertz said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Steve Wertz said:

    On Mon, 15 May 2006 23:38:25 -0400, Dee Randall wrote:

    > Moan and scream -- what does that mean? - that they are unhappy to see
    > you?

    It means I have them chained to the wall in my basement.

    -sw

    In his dreams....... ;-)

    So when are you coming up to Austin?

    -Kiss The Girls

    One of these days......
    Just don't try to lure me into your basement. <lol>
    --
    Peace!
    Om

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]"
    -- Jack Nicholson

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    -L. said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    I promised to do this months ago. :-)

    I feel really sad looking at that poor creature's eyes. How beautiful
    it must have been swimming free in the ocean.

    -L.

    Actually squid are pretty graceful,
    but so are shrimp.

    I eat those too. ;-d

    IMHO jellyfish are some of the _most_ beautiful creatures in the ocean!
    I don't eat those but the Japanese do.

    Deer are also pretty but a bit overpopulated in my area.
    They, too, are delicious...........

    Om -> not a vegetarian but sympathetic to you anyway.
    --
    Peace!
    Om

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]"
    -- Jack Nicholson

  4. In article <[email hidden]>,

    -L. said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    I promised to do this months ago. :-)

    I feel really sad looking at that poor creature's eyes. How beautiful
    it must have been swimming free in the ocean.

    -L.

    Ps, for the record, the eyes do tend to get to me too.
    That's why, when I'm processing any fresh meat, the head is the first
    thing to go.......

    I don't even cook fish with the heads on for that very reason.
    --
    Peace!
    Om

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]"
    -- Jack Nicholson

  5. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Steve Wertz said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Steve Wertz <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > It means I have them chained to the wall in my basement.

    In his dreams....... ;-)

    So when are you coming up to Austin?

    -Kiss The Girls

    One of these days......
    Just don't try to lure me into your basement. <lol>

    I thought you like being chained <shrug>

    -sw

  6. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Steve Wertz said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Steve Wertz said:

    On Tue, 16 May 2006 11:52:55 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

    > In article <[email hidden]>,
    > Steve Wertz <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >> It means I have them chained to the wall in my basement.
    >
    > In his dreams....... ;-)

    So when are you coming up to Austin?

    -Kiss The Girls

    One of these days......
    Just don't try to lure me into your basement. <lol>

    I thought you like being chained <shrug>

    -sw

    Only if we take turns....... ;-)

    Om -> switch
    --
    Peace!
    Om

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]"
    -- Jack Nicholson

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.