How to deal with injured animals while out mountain biking

Bez Doprdele

Guest
Yesterday I was out riding Fremont Older OSP. The weather
was great and there was no ranger in sign; what an awesomely
fast ride.

Nevertheless, I came across a wounded baby deer, which had
apparently been hit by another mountain biker and just
left there, lying across the trail near the bottom of the
Seven Springs Trail loop. It looked like it's neck was
broken and was in pain. Since I always carry a CZ-75 9mm
in my ***** pack, I used it to dispatch the deer and put
it out of its misery.

Question: Is there a number to call to report injured
animals? Do the rangers even care?

Thanks,

--Bez

Bez Doprdele wrote:

> Question: Is there a number to call to report injured
> animals? Do the rangers even care?

Your local animal control office should know who to call,
and yes, they care.

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just
wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa