How to deal with injured animals while out mountain biking

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc archive' started by Bez Doprdele, Mar 29, 2004.

  1. Bez Doprdele

    Bez Doprdele Guest

    Yesterday I was out riding Fremont Older OSP. The weather
    was great and there was no ranger in sign; what an awesomely
    fast ride.

    Nevertheless, I came across a wounded baby deer, which had
    apparently been hit by another mountain biker and just
    left there, lying across the trail near the bottom of the
    Seven Springs Trail loop. It looked like it's neck was
    broken and was in pain. Since I always carry a CZ-75 9mm
    in my fanny pack, I used it to dispatch the deer and put
    it out of its misery.

    Question: Is there a number to call to report injured
    animals? Do the rangers even care?

    Thanks,

    --Bez

    Tags:

  2. Bez Doprdele wrote:

    > Question: Is there a number to call to report injured
    > animals? Do the rangers even care?

    Your local animal control office should know who to call,
    and yes, they care.

    --
    I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just
    wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa