Bike Cafe · Public discussion

How to find/get a good bike fitting ?

Started by Flatbardave · · Last activity · 8 posts · 1,684 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
13 January 2016
Last activity
25 January 2016
Original author
Flatbardave
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,684
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm having a little knee soreness
    How do I find a good bike fitting in the Palm Springs area?

    Read somewhere to avoid bike shops, they have a bias to sell , not to fit your existing bike

    How do I search & look for one with good reviews ?

  2. Even though You've been warned off of bike shops, I would still check out at least a couple in your local area. Although they have a basis to sell, they still need to sell something that would be right for you, so I'm sure some of the more competent ones will be willing to help a lot more to get a sale.

    Good luck in your quest! 🙂

  3. Talk to the locals and hit all the Google 'southern California bike fitters' threads that pull up. It's going to take a lot of reading and some phone calls.

    No clue about this outfit, but it came up in a search: http://maxperformancebikefit.com/

  4. Feel pretty good after 100 mile tdps, thinking I have the bike fitting pretty good. My need some saddle adj, some numbness.

  5. Most flat bar bikes carry more weight percentage on the posterior, I'm sure you are aware of that...so saddle positioning is probably as or more critical than a conventional drop bar rode bike.

    I noticed in the finish picture of your bike that the saddle 'appeared' to have a nose up tilt. It could have been an optical illusion or just my ancient eyes, but I would look at that and see if you could lower the nose a couple degrees.

  6. Image in How to find/get a good bike fitting ?

    Yeah, looks 'nose up' in this picture.

  7. Flatbardave said:

    I'm having a little knee soreness
    How do I find a good bike fitting in the Palm Springs area?

    Read somewhere to avoid bike shops, they have a bias to sell , not to fit your existing bike

    How do I search & look for one with good reviews ?

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=palm+springs+bike+shop+fitting

    Or, tilt your saddle down and probably raise the saddle but without more details this is a guess. Knee pain is often a saddle height issue.

    This sounds like a really simple fitment issue. No selling involved. Either learn how to do it yourself or pay.

  8. Yea, adjusted the new saddle several times on the prep rides, it kept wanting to tilt up for comfort & no slide fwd. As it's breaking in, I think you're right, I can tilt it down some now.
    Books B-17
    [ATTACH]1252[/ATTACH]

    Image attached to How to find/get a good bike fitting ?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.