rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

how to measure, 661 pads.

Started by habbywall · · Last activity · 10 posts · 403 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
10 August 2005
Last activity
11 August 2005
Original author
habbywall
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
403
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. i might get 661's but i dont know what size to get i would get 'These
    ones here' (http://tinyurl.com/bnph6) but im not sure what size to get
    them in could someone please help me size them?
    thanks to anyone who responds

    --
    habbywall

    It takes twice the man to ride half the bike.
    mac g4 10.4, 20 gb ipod 3rd gen with linux

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42526

  2. It has the sizing chart listed on the website:

    L(TOP 18.5" BOTTOM 9.5"😉

    M(TOP 16" BOTTOM 9"😉

    S(TOP 15.75" BOTTOM 8"😉

    Just measure the diameter of your leg at the ankle (bottom)

    and measure your thigh about 3 inches above your knee (top)

    This should give you an idea about sizing

    I wear a large (5'9" tall and weigh @ 185)

    --
    Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

    If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42526

  3. check your PMs, i sent you a coupon code they gave me, i don't have
    anything to order from them right now

    --
    ColDawG - I go both ways:

    Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42526

  4. I was also wondering this. Thanks.

    --
    juggle508 - Street unicyclist.

    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

    ---------- Joshua 1:9----------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42526

  5. how long are the large pads, I have thick legs but they aren't very
    long. by there size chart I should be the large, but if they are long
    at all I won't be able to wear them.
    Montana

    --
    montana

    anybody else from wyoming?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    montana's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10072
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42526

  6. montana said:

    *how long are the large pads, I have thick legs but they aren't very
    long. by there size chart I should be the large, but if they are long
    at all I won't be able to wear them.
    Montana *

    Don't be too concerned about the length. They fit us short-legged people
    quite well. I wear a large and have a 30" inseam. They sit on the top of
    my shoe and extend a fair amount above my knee, adding a little extra
    protection 😄

    --
    Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

    If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42526

  7. In contrast. I am 5'9" 140 lbs, and the small 661s fit me snugly. I
    was worried when I ordered small because I thought they might be sized
    for children, but I'm happy with the fit.

    --
    phlegm - skill level e
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42526

  8. I'm 5' 4" 160 pounds. and I have pretty big calf muscles. I think I'm
    going to just give it a try though. I wonder if mediums would still
    work, even if there a little tight.
    Montana

    --
    montana

    anybody else from wyoming?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    montana's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10072
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42526

  9. Measuring the 661 or Roach pads by girth is silly IMHO. The more
    important measure is length unless your legs are really fat or really
    skinny. Length is important because you don't want the pads to be so
    short that they slide down your leg when you crash. If the pads slide
    down they expose the top of your knee. What's the point of knee pads
    if the knee protection just slides down during a crash?

    I'd go for the longest size that you can fit on your legs.

    I have a brand new set of Large 661's.
    Measurements are:
    Length from the bottom up to the first articulation where the knee can
    bend: 13.75 inches
    Length from the bottom up to the second articulation where the knee can
    bend: 15.5 inches

    The pads flex at the two articulation points. To fit the large you'll
    want your shins to be long enough so that the articulation points can
    fit over the bend of your knee (basically the top of your kneecap). So
    measure from a little above the top of your riding shoes up to the top
    of your kneecap. For me the pads tend to fit best with the bottom
    articulation at the bottom of the kneecap and the top articulation at
    the top of the kneecap or thereabouts.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Gallery: '' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs)
    ' Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
    'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3) >>>'Click Me'
    (http://tinyurl.com/7lvbu)<<<
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42526

  10. You=5'4'' or less........small
    You=5'4''-5'9''........medium
    You=5'9'' or more......large

    Err on the side of bigness.

    --
    TheObieOne3226 - Hello!

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    \"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

    \"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
    mental

    *disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
    are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
    feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
    everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheObieOne3226's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4851
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42526

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.