rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

hub on Airfoil wheel set?

Started by Sofa · · Last activity · 7 posts · 344 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
24 May 2004
Last activity
24 May 2004
Original author
Sofa
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
344
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Well, I'm in. I had to use a muni this weekend because the coker wheel
    was just too wobbly after a ride, that I had spent a while truing just
    before said ride.

    With the Stockton Special being miles out of my price range, I'll have
    to 'settle' with the one from uni.com.

    I noticed they say it has a high flanged hub...is this also a wide hub?

    --
    Sofa - you - pee - dee

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
    version 3.02

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32673

  2. If you're referring to the rebuilt coker wheel, uni.com uses the Schwinn
    high-flange hub, with 83mm flange spacing. That Schwinn is a standard
    ball bearing hub, slightly wider than a Sem Deluxe, and fits nicely in
    the stock coker frame. I had one with the stock coker rim before I had
    a custom wide hub made. The Schwinn hub with an Airfoil rim is the next
    best thing to a wide hub wheel.

    --
    unisk8r - All this for just cross-training?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32673

  3. 'this one' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=570)

    --
    Sofa - you - pee - dee

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
    version 3.02

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32673

  4. Sofa said:

    *'this one' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=570) *


    That's the uni.com hub, not the Schwinn.

    --
    U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

    Weep in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield.

    '29er Tire Study' (http://u-turn.unicyclist.com/29erTireStudy/)

    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albup39)

    'New York Unicycle Club' (http://www.newyorkunicycle.com)

    -- Dave Stockton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U-Turn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/691
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32673

  5. U-Turn said:

    *That's the uni.com hub, not the Schwinn. *

    hmm...that is what it says in the discription,but you can tell by the
    threaded axle in the photo that its not the 'unicycle.com '
    (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=738)

    they really need to update those photo's.alot of them contradict the
    discription or vice versa.

    --
    jagur - #3649_all fluff i hear?

    ---------------------------------------------------
    -Forget_Your_Life-

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jagur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/502
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32673

  6. I purchased the airfoil coker rim a couple of weeks from unicycle.com.
    I talked to Amy and she said they are building all the wheels with
    unicycle.cromo hub's now. Anyways I asked if they could build my wheel
    with the wider schwinn hub and they did it no problem.

    --
    oxfordrider
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    oxfordrider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5600
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32673

  7. far out, thanks

    --
    Sofa - you - pee - dee

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
    version 3.02

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32673

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.