hunger

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Merlijn Spinnew, Sep 27, 2003.

  1. When you feel hungry you produce more growth hormone. So when you train your muscles while hungry
    you get stronger muscles than without hunger?

    Tags:

  2. Wuzzy

    Wuzzy Guest

    "merlijn spinnewijn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > When you feel hungry you produce more growth hormone. So when you train your muscles while hungry
    > you get stronger muscles than without hunger?

    Actually GH-resistance in anorexia is characterised by high GH levels and low IGF-1 (the true
    growth hormone) and no growth.. so I would think in terms of igf-1 rather than gh in terms of
    muscle growth.

    One of the things with overtraining, is its by definition lack of recovery in stressed out muscle
    and muscle breakdown mediated by cortisol cytokienes, low igf-1, unless you rest and recoup.. Part
    of succdess in sport is knowing how to rest, or cycle your routine.. i mean imagine going into event
    with severe muscle fatigue from training so much..

  3. Wuzzy

    Wuzzy Guest

    do not reply to above. (exhausting replies, no time to read)

  4. wuzzy wrote:

    > "merlijn spinnewijn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > When you feel hungry you produce more growth hormone. So when you train your muscles while
    > > hungry you get stronger muscles than without hunger?
    >
    > Actually GH-resistance in anorexia is characterised by high GH levels and low IGF-1 (the true
    > growth hormone) and no growth.. so I would think in terms of igf-1 rather than gh in terms of
    > muscle growth.
    >
    > One of the things with overtraining, is its by definition lack of recovery in stressed out muscle
    > and muscle breakdown mediated by cortisol cytokienes, low igf-1, unless you rest and recoup.. Part
    > of succdess in sport is knowing how to rest, or cycle your routine.. i mean imagine going into
    > event with severe muscle fatigue from training so much..

    WUZZY..I can understand your diatribe...but MOSR folks cannot! Try some PLAIN ENGLISH and a bit
    of SLANG perhaps...and it will hit the mark..LOL! B-0b1