Road Cycling · Public discussion

I am looking for a rain poncho...

Started by Jacobe Hazzard · · Last activity · 6 posts · 588 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
14 September 2004
Last activity
15 September 2004
Original author
Jacobe Hazzard
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
588
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. ...the kind that's made of vinyl, and has loops for over thumbs or
    handlebars, and is wide open at the bottom for ventilation. I know these
    exist. I think they cost under $10. Why can't I find one?

    If anyone could give me names of brands or retailers, especially Canadian
    ones, that would be very cool.

    Adam

  2. Jacobe Hazzard said:

    ..the kind that's made of vinyl, and has loops for over thumbs or
    handlebars, and is wide open at the bottom for ventilation. I know these
    exist. I think they cost under $10. Why can't I find one?

    If anyone could give me names of brands or retailers, especially Canadian
    ones, that would be very cool.

    Adam

    fancier, and more expensive, yet somehow compelling...from Oregon, which
    is at least close to Canada. 😄

    http://www.bicycleclothing.com/Rain-Capes.html

  3. Tue, 14 Sep 2004 00:06:11 GMT,
    <[email hidden]>, "Jacobe

    Hazzard said:

    ..the kind that's made of vinyl, and has loops for over thumbs or
    handlebars, and is wide open at the bottom for ventilation. I know these
    exist. I think they cost under $10. Why can't I find one?

    If anyone could give me names of brands or retailers, especially Canadian
    ones, that would be very cool.

    Super Sport Mfg. Ltd. 1346 Clark Drive, Vancouver. (Hastings at Clark)

    They make them but I don't know where to buy them other than at their
    store/factory. IIRC, they're closer to $20.00 for
    polyetraelouroethylene coated 100% nylon.

    Waxed cotton Carradice, made in the UK, is the standard by which other
    capes are measured. Rivendell sells their nylon ones.
    http://www.rivendellbicycles.com/webalog/clothing/21127.html
    --
    zk

  4. Jacobe Hazzard said:

    ..the kind that's made of vinyl, and has loops for over thumbs or
    handlebars, and is wide open at the bottom for ventilation. I know these
    exist. I think they cost under $10. Why can't I find one?

    If anyone could give me names of brands or retailers, especially Canadian
    ones, that would be very cool.

    Adam

    Campmor has them, but I think they're about $30. www.campmor.com

    --
    --------------------+
    Frank Krygowski [To reply, remove rodent and vegetable dot com,
    replace with cc.ysu dot edu]

  5. Years ago, I bought an inexpensive nylon rain suit from Performance on sale.
    Now it was quite a bit more then the $10 you are looking for.

    My rain suit works reasonably well. It does not breathe significantly but it
    keeps me rather dry and warm which is enough for my purposes. It has held up
    pretty well too. I have used it dozens of times in some pretty heavy rains
    (some approaching deluges).

    As a stop gap, you can use a very large plastic bag as an improvised pancho.
    Just cut out head and arm holes and away you go.

  6. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Zoot Katz said:

    Super Sport Mfg. Ltd. 1346 Clark Drive, Vancouver. (Hastings at Clark)

    They make them but I don't know where to buy them other than at their
    store/factory. IIRC, they're closer to $20.00 for


    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Perhaps interestingly, that's about the same price as
    a couple of cans of ScotchGuard, which I'm resorting to
    since the original coating wore off.

    This coming paycheque I'm gonna get a second rain cape
    from there. And a can or two of ScotchGuard (green cap).
    Unless I spot a gotta-have in the new MEC catalogue which
    just arrived in the post and I haven't looked at it yet.

    Quoted message said:

    polyetraelouroethylene coated 100% nylon.

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.
    I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn [point] bc [point] ca

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.