I can't believe what I saw on CNN!

Y

Yo!

it makes sense to go for low-fat more carb foods.++Eg., while the low-carbers are snacking on bacon,
traditional dieters might select small portions of popcorn or maybe an apple..++This sounds
healthier to me than the bacon and especially the sugar-free cheesecakes so popular among lc'ers.

-------------- ÀÎÅÍ³Ý Ä«¸®½º¸¶ KORNET -------------

"yo!" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> it makes sense to go for low-fat more carb foods.++Eg., while the
low-carbers are snacking on bacon, traditional dieters might select small portions of popcorn or
maybe an apple..++This sounds healthier to me than the bacon and especially the sugar-free
cheesecakes so popular among lc'ers.
>
>
> -------------- ÀÎÅÍ³Ý Ä«¸®½º¸¶ KORNET -------------

I agree, but I don't see why low-carb should mean bacon.

"George W. Cherry" wrote:

> "yo!" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > it makes sense to go for low-fat more carb foods.++Eg., while the
> low-carbers are snacking on bacon, traditional dieters might select small portions of popcorn or
> maybe an apple..++This sounds healthier to me than the bacon and especially the sugar-free
> cheesecakes so popular among lc'ers.
>
> I agree, but I don't see why low-carb should mean bacon.

I think people are confusing low-carb and Atkins diet. There's no reason why a low-carb diet must be
high-fat or high-protein. I think high-fat and high-protein are terrible diets for some people, but
they provide an attractive reward for people who can't tolerate very much restriction on what they
eat. For these people, Atkins might be one of the few diets they can accept. When they have success,
they then become evangelists for the diet, not realizing that this diet really isn't applicable to
everyone -- and could cause lots of problems for certain people.

For example, I get gout easily. About 4 to 6 ounces of meat in a single day puts me near the
threshold for a gout attack. If it's a dried meat like salami, that much would put me over the
threshold. I have to watch very carefully not to eat too much meat.

> > the bacon and especially the sugar-free cheesecakes so popular among
lc'ers.
> >
> > I agree, but I don't see why low-carb should mean bacon.
>
> I think people are confusing low-carb and Atkins diet.

I think people are even confusing Atkins and eating bacon...

Mirek