I can't believe what I saw on CNN!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Yo!, Dec 26, 2003.

  1. Yo!

    Yo! Guest

    it makes sense to go for low-fat more carb foods.++Eg., while the low-carbers are snacking on bacon,
    traditional dieters might select small portions of popcorn or maybe an apple..++This sounds
    healthier to me than the bacon and especially the sugar-free cheesecakes so popular among lc'ers.

    -------------- ÀÎÅÍ³Ý Ä«¸®½º¸¶ KORNET -------------

    Tags:

  2. "yo!" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > it makes sense to go for low-fat more carb foods.++Eg., while the
    low-carbers are snacking on bacon, traditional dieters might select small portions of popcorn or
    maybe an apple..++This sounds healthier to me than the bacon and especially the sugar-free
    cheesecakes so popular among lc'ers.

    > -------------- ÀÎÅÍ³Ý Ä«¸®½º¸¶ KORNET -------------

    I agree, but I don't see why low-carb should mean bacon.

  3. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    "George W. Cherry" wrote:

    > "yo!" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > it makes sense to go for low-fat more carb foods.++Eg., while the
    > low-carbers are snacking on bacon, traditional dieters might select small portions of popcorn or
    > maybe an apple..++This sounds healthier to me than the bacon and especially the sugar-free
    > cheesecakes so popular among lc'ers.
    >
    > I agree, but I don't see why low-carb should mean bacon.

    I think people are confusing low-carb and Atkins diet. There's no reason why a low-carb diet must be
    high-fat or high-protein. I think high-fat and high-protein are terrible diets for some people, but
    they provide an attractive reward for people who can't tolerate very much restriction on what they
    eat. For these people, Atkins might be one of the few diets they can accept. When they have success,
    they then become evangelists for the diet, not realizing that this diet really isn't applicable to
    everyone -- and could cause lots of problems for certain people.

    For example, I get gout easily. About 4 to 6 ounces of meat in a single day puts me near the
    threshold for a gout attack. If it's a dried meat like salami, that much would put me over the
    threshold. I have to watch very carefully not to eat too much meat.

  4. Mirek Fidler

    Mirek Fidler Guest

    > > the bacon and especially the sugar-free cheesecakes so popular among
    lc'ers.

    > > I agree, but I don't see why low-carb should mean bacon.
    >
    > I think people are confusing low-carb and Atkins diet.

    I think people are even confusing Atkins and eating bacon...

    Mirek