General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

I got the smoker fired up

Started by modom · · Last activity · 10 posts · 300 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 March 2006
Last activity
13 March 2006
Original author
modom
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
300
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it. Rosemary, lemon,
    and jalapeno are stuffed under the skin. Salt an pepper are on the
    outside. And a head of garlic is in the cavity.

    Fun with fire!

    --
    modom

  2. The Ranger said:
    modom said:

    And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it.
    Rosemary, lemon, and jalapeno are stuffed under
    the skin. Salt an pepper are on the outside. And
    a head of garlic is in the cavity.

    Fun with fire!

    Details son! DEE. Tails!

    And smoked with what? Hickory?

    Quoted message said:


    What type of smoker y'all usin' and how long before it's ready?
    Where's the bird from (local farm or one of the 'national' chains)? No
    salt or pepper? (Although that jalapeno probably took care of any of
    the mundane stuff...)

    Many thanks and here's to your continued health!

    The Ranger

    --Bryan

  3. modom said:

    And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it.
    Rosemary, lemon, and jalapeno are stuffed under
    the skin. Salt an pepper are on the outside. And
    a head of garlic is in the cavity.

    Fun with fire!

    Details son! DEE. Tails!

    What type of smoker y'all usin' and how long before it's ready?
    Where's the bird from (local farm or one of the 'national' chains)? No
    salt or pepper? (Although that jalapeno probably took care of any of
    the mundane stuff...)

    Many thanks and here's to your continued health!

    The Ranger

  4. In article <[email hidden]>,

    modom said:

    And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it. Rosemary, lemon,
    and jalapeno are stuffed under the skin. Salt an pepper are on the
    outside. And a head of garlic is in the cavity.

    Fun with fire!

    --
    modom

    Jpegs please? :-)
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  5. The Ranger said:
    modom said:

    And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it.
    Rosemary, lemon, and jalapeno are stuffed under
    the skin. Salt an pepper are on the outside. And
    a head of garlic is in the cavity.

    Fun with fire!

    Details son! DEE. Tails!

    I just flashed on Foghorn Leghorn for a moment. "That Gal's like a
    highway between Dallas and Fort Worth: Got no curves, got no curves,
    got no curves at all."

    Quoted message said:


    What type of smoker y'all usin' and how long before it's ready?
    Where's the bird from (local farm or one of the 'national' chains)? No
    salt or pepper? (Although that jalapeno probably took care of any of
    the mundane stuff...)

    Many thanks and here's to your continued health!


    Okay! The pit is a New Braunfels Black Diamond, though it's rusty
    enough to qualify as an Old Braunfels Brown Nugget. I'm judging by
    sight (in this failing light, probably a mistake), so I don't know how
    much longer it'll be. I hope to eat at 7 CST. The juice from the
    cavity ran pretty pink when I check things just then. There's salt on
    the skin of the bird. Pepper, too.

    D got the bird from the farm wife who raised it. Said wife is married
    to the farmer who slaughtered and dressed it.

    I'm roasting okra in the oven and I've begun a sauce with a sweated
    mirepoix, reduced chicken stock, rosemary, and Spanish smoked paprika.
    more than likely I'll add yogurt to that. The baby green beans are
    ready to go in a sauce pan.
    --
    modom

  6. Food Snob said:

    And smoked with what? Hickory?

    Lump charcoal and pecan wood. It's my usual.

    --
    modom

  7. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    modom said:

    And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it. Rosemary, lemon,
    and jalapeno are stuffed under the skin. Salt an pepper are on the
    outside. And a head of garlic is in the cavity.

    Fun with fire!

    --
    modom

    Jpegs please? :-)

    Film at 10.
    --
    modom

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,

    modom said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    modom said:

    And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it. Rosemary, lemon,
    and jalapeno are stuffed under the skin. Salt an pepper are on the
    outside. And a head of garlic is in the cavity.

    Fun with fire!

    --
    modom

    Jpegs please? :-)

    Film at 10.
    --
    modom

    I'll keep you to that promise! <G>
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  9. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    modom said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    modom <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it. Rosemary, lemon,
    > and jalapeno are stuffed under the skin. Salt an pepper are on the
    > outside. And a head of garlic is in the cavity.
    >
    > Fun with fire!

    Jpegs please? :-)

    Film at 10.

    Quoted message said:

    I'll keep you to that promise! <G>

    I posted the pix under the header "in the pit and on the plate," or
    something like that.
    --
    modom

  10. In article <[email hidden]>,

    modom said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    modom said:

    On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:51:33 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >In article <[email hidden]>,
    > modom <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >> And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it. Rosemary, lemon,
    >> and jalapeno are stuffed under the skin. Salt an pepper are on the
    >> outside. And a head of garlic is in the cavity.
    >>
    >> Fun with fire!
    >
    >Jpegs please? :-)

    Film at 10.

    Quoted message said:

    I'll keep you to that promise! <G>

    I posted the pix under the header "in the pit and on the plate," or
    something like that.
    --
    modom

    I saw it! :-)

    You using fresh frozen cut okra?
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.