General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

I love to cook

Started by Andy · · Last activity · 27 posts · 831 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
11 March 2004
Last activity
15 March 2004
Original author
Andy
Posts
27
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
831
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 27
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. tonite we had chix cutlets with onion and red pepper in a wine sauce.Very good
    pbase.comandrcom

  2. "Andy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    tonite we had chix cutlets with onion and red pepper in a
    wine sauce.Very


    good

    What are chix?

  3. Andy said:

    tonite we had chix cutlets with onion and red pepper in a
    wine sauce.Very good pbase.comandrcom

    I'm trying to find out what chickens have to do with the
    referenced web site...

    --
    Steve

    Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it.

  4. Judging from all your posts tonight, you like to hear
    yourself talk as well.

    -sw

  5. "Anthony" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    :
    : "Andy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:20040310201915.01989.00001139@mb-
    : m22.aol.com...
    : > tonite we had chix cutlets with onion and red
    : > pepper in a
    wine sauce.Very
    : good
    :
    : What are chix?
    :
    : ====

    Usually chix is an abbreviation for chicken.

    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  6. On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:14:15 -0600, Steve Wertz
    <[email hidden]> arranged random neurons, so they
    looked like this:

    Quoted message said:

    Judging from all your posts tonight, you like to hear
    yourself talk as well.


    Steve, it would be useful if you quoted enough text of the
    post to which you are replying that the above would have
    actually made sense.

    Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
    had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
    been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
    good dinner." Anonymous.

    To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

  7. "Rick & Cyndi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:BvP3c.1173$i76.21860@attbi_s03...

    Quoted message said:


    Usually chix is an abbreviation for chicken.

    --
    Cyndi

    Okay, thank you. I probably shouldn't bother to ask this,
    but just what part of the chicken is the cutlet?

  8. Terry Pulliam Burd said:

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:14:15 -0600, Steve Wertz
    <[email hidden]> arranged random neurons,
    so they looked like this:

    Quoted message said:

    Judging from all your posts tonight, you like to hear
    yourself talk as well.


    Steve, it would be useful if you quoted enough text of the
    post to which you are replying that the above would have
    actually made sense.

    I was replying to the subject, and referenced "all the posts
    from tonight". It's not that hard to understand.

    I'm very well versed at quoting; There was nothing specific
    to quote this time.

    -sw

  9. Terry Pulliam Burd said:

    "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
    had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
    been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
    good dinner." Anonymous.

    Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
    certainly a Duncan Hines quote.

    -sw

  10. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:


    "Rick & Cyndi" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:BvP3c.1173$i76.21860@attbi_s03...

    Quoted message said:


    Usually chix is an abbreviation for chicken.

    --
    Cyndi

    Okay, thank you. I probably shouldn't bother to ask this,
    but just what part of the chicken is the cutlet?

    It's usually a boneless skinless breast, often pounded thin
    or at least butterflied.
    --
    Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist
    hopes they are.

  11. In article <[email hidden]>, Steve Wertz

    Quoted message said:
    Terry Pulliam Burd said:

    "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
    had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts
    had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a
    very good dinner." Anonymous.

    Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
    certainly a Duncan Hines quote.

    -sw

    Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines? I'd
    be curious. I checked several websites and the only
    attribution I can find for that quotation is Anonymous. I
    found these by Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-miss
    eating than from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run less
    risk driving my way across country than eating my way across
    it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
    the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a rut
    and a grave is the depth of the hole."

  12. Quoted message said:

    sqwertz@clueless quotes nothing:

    Judging from all your posts tonight, you <S>like</S> *love*
    to hear yourself talk as well.

    again tonight, eh druggie [censored].

    ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
    NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
    devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

  13. Quoted message said:

    sqwertz@clueless quotes nothing:

    Judging from all your posts tonight, you <S>like</S> *love*
    to hear yourself talk as well.

    again tonight, eh druggie [censored].

    ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
    NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
    devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

  14. (PENMART01) said:
    Quoted message said:

    Judging from all your posts tonight, you <S>like</S>
    *love* to hear yourself talk as well.


    Quoted message said:

    again tonight, eh druggie [censored].

    Obsessed and drunk again, I presume? Are you gonna stop at a
    fifth tonight, or shoot for the whole liter?

    -sw

  15. (PENMART01) said:
    Quoted message said:

    Judging from all your posts tonight, you <S>like</S>
    *love* to hear yourself talk as well.


    Quoted message said:

    again tonight, eh druggie [censored].

    Obsessed and drunk again, I presume? Are you gonna stop at a
    fifth tonight, or shoot for the whole liter?

    -sw

  16. Melba's Jammin said:
    Quoted message said:

    Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
    certainly a Duncan Hines quote.

    Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines? I'd
    be curious. I checked several websites and the only
    attribution I can find for that quotation is Anonymous. I
    found these by Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-
    miss eating than from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run
    less risk driving my way across country than eating my way
    across it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.

    It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines (in
    books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he was
    known for.

    Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
    page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads" (Pharos
    Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:

    "If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine had
    been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a breast like
    the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".

    Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
    essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
    belief, not everything can be found on the web; There are
    still books.

    -sw

  17. Melba's Jammin said:
    Quoted message said:

    Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
    certainly a Duncan Hines quote.

    Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines? I'd
    be curious. I checked several websites and the only
    attribution I can find for that quotation is Anonymous. I
    found these by Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-
    miss eating than from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run
    less risk driving my way across country than eating my way
    across it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.

    It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines (in
    books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he was
    known for.

    Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
    page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads" (Pharos
    Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:

    "If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine had
    been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a breast like
    the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".

    Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
    essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
    belief, not everything can be found on the web; There are
    still books.

    -sw

  18. In article <[email hidden]>, Steve Wertz

    Quoted message said:
    Melba's Jammin said:
    Quoted message said:

    Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
    certainly a Duncan Hines quote.

    Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines?
    I'd be curious.

    I checked several websites and the only attribution I can
    find for that quotation is Anonymous. I found these by
    Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-miss eating than
    from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run less risk
    driving my way across country than eating my way across
    it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.

    It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines
    (in books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he
    was known for.

    Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
    page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads"
    (Pharos Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:

    "If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine had
    been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a breast
    like the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".

    Hah! Thanks.

    Quoted message said:

    Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
    essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
    belief, not everything can be found on the web;

    Of course. It's easy to fall into the thought.

    Quoted message said:

    There are still books.

    Sure enough. And may there always be. There's something
    satisfying to me to turn a paper page.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
    the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a rut
    and a grave is the depth of the hole."

  19. In article <[email hidden]>, Steve Wertz

    Quoted message said:
    Melba's Jammin said:
    Quoted message said:

    Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
    certainly a Duncan Hines quote.

    Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines?
    I'd be curious.

    I checked several websites and the only attribution I can
    find for that quotation is Anonymous. I found these by
    Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-miss eating than
    from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run less risk
    driving my way across country than eating my way across
    it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.

    It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines
    (in books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he
    was known for.

    Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
    page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads"
    (Pharos Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:

    "If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine had
    been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a breast
    like the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".

    Hah! Thanks.

    Quoted message said:

    Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
    essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
    belief, not everything can be found on the web;

    Of course. It's easy to fall into the thought.

    Quoted message said:

    There are still books.

    Sure enough. And may there always be. There's something
    satisfying to me to turn a paper page.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
    the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a rut
    and a grave is the depth of the hole."

  20. Melba's Jammin' <[email hidden]> deliciously posted in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, Steve Wertz

    Quoted message said:
    Melba's Jammin said:

    > Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's
    > almost certainly a Duncan Hines quote.

    Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines?
    I'd be curious.

    I checked several websites and the only attribution I
    can find for that quotation is Anonymous. I found these
    by Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-miss eating
    than from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run less risk
    driving my way across country than eating my way across
    it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.

    It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines
    (in books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he
    was known for.

    Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
    page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads"
    (Pharos Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:

    "If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine
    had been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a
    breast like the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".

    Hah! Thanks.

    Quoted message said:

    Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
    essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
    belief, not everything can be found on the web;

    Of course. It's easy to fall into the thought.

    Quoted message said:

    There are still books.

    Sure enough. And may there always be. There's something
    satisfying to me to turn a paper page.

    Isn't that the truth. I buy books all the time and the SO
    just shakes his head. He doesn't understand why I bother
    with so much info available online. Well, when his ass
    isn't around pestering me I like a nice cup of coffee and a
    good book to read. The funny excerpts in cookbooks always
    crack me up and I have the complete set of the Harvard
    Classics I have not, and maybe will never get through. It
    is strange how I get out of the reading mode though and
    then all of a sudden I'm going through 3 books a week after
    a long dry spell.

    Michael <- currently reading a cookbook sent by a beloved
    friend from NYC
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.