General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

I'm THERE!! ...but now what?

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 20 posts · 417 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 February 2005
Last activity
28 February 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
20
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
417
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 20
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi guys!

    After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin again!

    Here's the thing, though.

    NOW what?

    I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight training
    now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months, which felt
    right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started picking my
    fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any more weight.
    After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my husband is
    starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!

    Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back up, but
    my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A bowl of
    soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though I watch
    my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want very
    light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the heavy
    fat/animal protein stuff.

    The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back to
    Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two, but I'm
    finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more active
    life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had been
    eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more whole
    grains) and bump the fat down just a little.

  2. Congratulations on your success.

    --
    Cheri

    [email hidden] wrote in message
    <[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi guys!

    After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin again!

  3. awilson42 said:

    After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin again!
    Here's the thing, though.
    NOW what?

    If you're happy with what you're doing, keep doing it. If you're not,
    decide whether your lifestyle or your weight is more important to you,
    and do that.

    If you've been following Atkins' regimen, you've been working on
    determining the precise carb level at which you can maintain your
    weight, with the intention of maintaining that forever. If you've
    been making extraordinary efforts to lose weight, you've missed his
    point (not 'the' point, that's a perfectly reasonable thing to do,
    you've missed Atkins' point). If there's stuff you'd rather be or
    not be doing, make changes slowly, watch the effects, keep what works
    and give up what doesn't.

    I approached the problem differently. I decided what lifestyle changes
    were acceptable, did those, and let the weight fall where it might. Much
    to my good fortune (considering how much I abhor organized exercise) the
    weight at which I stabilized pleases the one person whom I care whether
    she thinks I'm sexy.

    If you ARE happy with how you're living and happy with your weight, I'm
    pretty sure I don't understand your question.

    Martin (215/165/165 since 4/2003, stable since 5/2004)
    --
    Martin (Fryer) Golding | An average adult can feed one person for 30 days,
    Dod #236 KotLQ KotSM | or 30 people for a day.
    There's 120 of us to each government employee, so rationing will be necessary.
    [email hidden] Portland, OR

  4. Quoted message said:

    Hi guys!

    After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin again!

    Congratulations! A wonderful thing to have gotten to your goal.

    Quoted message said:

    The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back to
    Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two, but I'm
    finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more active
    life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had been
    eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more whole
    grains) and bump the fat down just a little.

    You've got it. Keep a close watch on your weight and if you find it
    starts to climb then you'll need to attack it again (and be aware that
    this means you're above your personal Critical Carb Level for
    Maintenance). But yes, now you're at Goal, you can fine-tune your
    Plan to find the way you can feel best, maintain your healthy weight
    and enjoy life.

    Well done!

    Aramanth

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi guys!

    After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin again!

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    Quoted message said:

    The whole question is - now what do I do?

    Now you move into Maintenance.

    --
    Saffire
    205/144/125 - 5'1.5"
    Atkins since 6/14/03
    Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

  6. Quoted message said:

    Hi guys!

    After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin again!

    Here's the thing, though.

    NOW what?


    <snip>

    Congratulations on getting to your goal!!!
    If you've been following a specific low carb plan then move on to the
    maintanance section for it. If you've been doing a personal low carb thing
    then I'd suggest borrowing a couple of low carb books from the library and
    reading up on their maintenance plans so you can have some guidance in
    creating your own.

  7. Quoted message said:


    After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin again!

    Kudos.

    Quoted message said:

    Here's the thing, though.
    NOW what?

    Whatever your chosen plan, move on to the Maintenance phase.
    if your plan doesn't *have* a Maintenance phase, switch to
    one that does.

    Quoted message said:

    Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back up, but
    my appetite hasn't.

    That sounds like Maintenance to me. On Atkins PreMaint
    you increase until you find your CCLM. From then until
    you decide to quit and gain it all back your daily range
    is CCLL to CCLM. He isn't exactly clear on how you figure
    out what your CCLM is. I have theories but they are
    only a bit less vague than the small write-up in DANDR.

    Quoted message said:

    The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back to
    Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two

    That's the Maintenance phase from Atkin's 1972 book before
    he thought through the CCLL-to-CCLM idea.

    Quoted message said:

    but I'm
    finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more active
    life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had been
    eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more


    whole

    Quoted message said:

    grains) and bump the fat down just a little.

    Yup. As long as you start your meals with your veggies,
    fruit or whatever, you will generally fill up enough that
    you will eat less of the meat and high fat desserts. It
    will roughly stay at the same calorie level as you change
    carb intake, at the expense of fat.

    A caution that's a repeat of what you already know: Some
    carb foods are more filling and they tend to make you less
    hungry. These are the lower glycemic load ones usually.
    Some carb foods are less filling and they tend to make you
    more hungry or trigger cravings. There are the higher
    glycemic load ones usually. There's another high carb
    food category that can have the same problem - high carb
    plus high fat together. Cake, candy bars and such. Carrots
    beat cake on Maintenance. ;^)

  8. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi guys!

    After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin again!

    Here's the thing, though.

    NOW what?

    I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight training
    now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months, which felt
    right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started picking my
    fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any more weight.
    After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my husband is
    starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!

    Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back up, but
    my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A bowl of
    soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though I watch
    my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want very
    light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the heavy
    fat/animal protein stuff.

    The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back to
    Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two, but I'm
    finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more active
    life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had been
    eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more whole
    grains) and bump the fat down just a little.

    My advice: up the carbs. Not to a dabgerous level of course, but you are
    obviously at goal. Eat more fruit and enjoy a "few" cheat days. Keep up the
    excercise and the wisdom of eating. Godspeed.

  9. valhalla said:

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi guys!

    After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin


    again!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Here's the thing, though.

    NOW what?

    I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight training
    now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months, which


    felt

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started picking


    my

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any more


    weight.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my husband


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!

    Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back up,


    but

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A bowl


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though I


    watch

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want very
    light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the heavy
    fat/animal protein stuff.

    The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back to
    Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two, but


    I'm

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more


    active

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had been
    eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more


    whole

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    grains) and bump the fat down just a little.

    My advice: up the carbs. Not to a dabgerous level of course, but you


    are

    Quoted message said:

    obviously at goal. Eat more fruit and enjoy a "few" cheat days. Keep


    up the

    Quoted message said:

    excercise and the wisdom of eating. Godspeed.

    At 400 pounds and not comprehending basic metabolic processes you are
    now eminently dispensing advice?

  10. "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    valhalla said:

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi guys!

    After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin


    again!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Here's the thing, though.

    NOW what?

    I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight training
    now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months, which


    felt

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started picking


    my

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any more


    weight.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my husband


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!

    Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back up,


    but

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A bowl


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though I


    watch

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want very
    light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the heavy
    fat/animal protein stuff.

    The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back to
    Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two, but


    I'm

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more


    active

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had been
    eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more


    whole

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    grains) and bump the fat down just a little.

    My advice: up the carbs. Not to a dabgerous level of course, but you


    are

    Quoted message said:

    obviously at goal. Eat more fruit and enjoy a "few" cheat days. Keep


    up the

    Quoted message said:

    excercise and the wisdom of eating. Godspeed.

    At 400 pounds and not comprehending basic metabolic processes you are
    now eminently dispensing advice?

    Good question.

  11. "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    valhalla said:

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi guys!

    After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin


    again!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Here's the thing, though.

    NOW what?

    I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight training
    now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months, which


    felt

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started picking


    my

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any more


    weight.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my husband


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!

    Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back up,


    but

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A bowl


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though I


    watch

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want very
    light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the heavy
    fat/animal protein stuff.

    The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back to
    Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two, but


    I'm

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more


    active

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had been
    eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more


    whole

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    grains) and bump the fat down just a little.

    My advice: up the carbs. Not to a dabgerous level of course, but you


    are

    Quoted message said:

    obviously at goal. Eat more fruit and enjoy a "few" cheat days. Keep


    up the

    Quoted message said:

    excercise and the wisdom of eating. Godspeed.

    At 400 pounds and not comprehending basic metabolic processes you are
    now eminently dispensing advice?

    I comprehend. I just don't do it.

    Quoted message said:
  12. "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    valhalla said:

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > Hi guys!
    >
    > After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin


    again!

    Quoted message said:

    >
    > Here's the thing, though.
    >
    > NOW what?
    >
    > I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight training
    > now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months, which


    felt

    Quoted message said:

    > right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started picking


    my

    Quoted message said:

    > fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any more


    weight.

    Quoted message said:

    > After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my husband


    is

    Quoted message said:

    > starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!
    >
    > Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back up,


    but

    Quoted message said:

    > my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A bowl


    of

    Quoted message said:

    > soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though I


    watch

    Quoted message said:

    > my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want very
    > light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the heavy
    > fat/animal protein stuff.
    >
    > The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back to
    > Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two, but


    I'm

    Quoted message said:

    > finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more


    active

    Quoted message said:

    > life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had been
    > eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more


    whole

    Quoted message said:

    > grains) and bump the fat down just a little.
    >

    My advice: up the carbs. Not to a dabgerous level of course, but you


    are

    Quoted message said:

    obviously at goal. Eat more fruit and enjoy a "few" cheat days. Keep


    up the

    Quoted message said:

    excercise and the wisdom of eating. Godspeed.

    At 400 pounds and not comprehending basic metabolic processes you are
    now eminently dispensing advice?

    Good question.

    I know all about metabolic processes, health and nutrition.
    I'm not to fat to read.
    Beside that, I have lost over 80 pounds before, so I also
    know what it is like.

    I can't believe I responded to you. I need more hobbies.

    Quoted message said:


  13. Are you too fat to know the difference between too and to?

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "valhalla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    valhalla wrote:
    > <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > > Hi guys!
    > >
    > > After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin
    again!
    > >
    > > Here's the thing, though.
    > >
    > > NOW what?
    > >
    > > I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight training
    > > now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months, which
    felt
    > > right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started picking
    my
    > > fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any more
    weight.
    > > After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my husband
    is
    > > starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!
    > >
    > > Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back up,
    but
    > > my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A bowl
    of
    > > soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though I
    watch
    > > my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want very
    > > light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the heavy
    > > fat/animal protein stuff.
    > >
    > > The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back to
    > > Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two, but
    I'm
    > > finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more
    active
    > > life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had been
    > > eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more
    whole
    > > grains) and bump the fat down just a little.
    > >
    >
    > My advice: up the carbs. Not to a dabgerous level of course, but you
    are
    > obviously at goal. Eat more fruit and enjoy a "few" cheat days. Keep
    up the
    > excercise and the wisdom of eating. Godspeed.

    At 400 pounds and not comprehending basic metabolic processes you are
    now eminently dispensing advice?

    Good question.

    I know all about metabolic processes, health and nutrition.
    I'm not to fat to read.
    Beside that, I have lost over 80 pounds before, so I also
    know what it is like.

    I can't believe I responded to you. I need more hobbies.

    Quoted message said:


  14. "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Are you too fat to know the difference between too and to?

    --

    I missed an "o".
    I must be REALLY fat, huh?

    Quoted message said:

    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "valhalla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > valhalla wrote:
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email hidden]...
    >> > Hi guys!
    >> >
    >> > After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin
    > again!
    >> >
    >> > Here's the thing, though.
    >> >
    >> > NOW what?
    >> >
    >> > I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight


    training

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months, which
    > felt
    >> > right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started


    picking

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > my
    >> > fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any more
    > weight.
    >> > After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my husband
    > is
    >> > starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!
    >> >
    >> > Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back up,
    > but
    >> > my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A bowl
    > of
    >> > soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though I
    > watch
    >> > my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want very
    >> > light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the heavy
    >> > fat/animal protein stuff.
    >> >
    >> > The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two, but
    > I'm
    >> > finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more
    > active
    >> > life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had been
    >> > eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more
    > whole
    >> > grains) and bump the fat down just a little.
    >> >
    >>
    >> My advice: up the carbs. Not to a dabgerous level of course, but you
    > are
    >> obviously at goal. Eat more fruit and enjoy a "few" cheat days. Keep
    > up the
    >> excercise and the wisdom of eating. Godspeed.
    >
    >
    > At 400 pounds and not comprehending basic metabolic processes you are
    > now eminently dispensing advice?
    >

    Good question.

    I know all about metabolic processes, health and nutrition.
    I'm not to fat to read.
    Beside that, I have lost over 80 pounds before, so I also
    know what it is like.

    I can't believe I responded to you. I need more hobbies.

    Quoted message said:


  15. Most likely.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "valhalla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Are you too fat to know the difference between too and to?

    --

    I missed an "o".
    I must be REALLY fat, huh?

    Quoted message said:

    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "valhalla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > >
    > > valhalla wrote:
    > >> <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email hidden]...
    > >> > Hi guys!
    > >> >
    > >> > After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin
    > > again!
    > >> >
    > >> > Here's the thing, though.
    > >> >
    > >> > NOW what?
    > >> >
    > >> > I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight


    training

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> > now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months, which
    > > felt
    > >> > right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started


    picking

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > my
    > >> > fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any more
    > > weight.
    > >> > After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my
    > >> > husband
    > > is
    > >> > starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!
    > >> >
    > >> > Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back up,
    > > but
    > >> > my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A bowl
    > > of
    > >> > soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though I
    > > watch
    > >> > my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want very
    > >> > light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the
    > >> > heavy
    > >> > fat/animal protein stuff.
    > >> >
    > >> > The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> > Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two, but
    > > I'm
    > >> > finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more
    > > active
    > >> > life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had
    > >> > been
    > >> > eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more
    > > whole
    > >> > grains) and bump the fat down just a little.
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >> My advice: up the carbs. Not to a dabgerous level of course, but
    > >> you
    > > are
    > >> obviously at goal. Eat more fruit and enjoy a "few" cheat days.
    > >> Keep
    > > up the
    > >> excercise and the wisdom of eating. Godspeed.
    > >
    > >
    > > At 400 pounds and not comprehending basic metabolic processes you
    > > are
    > > now eminently dispensing advice?
    > >
    >
    > Good question.

    I know all about metabolic processes, health and nutrition.
    I'm not to fat to read.
    Beside that, I have lost over 80 pounds before, so I also
    know what it is like.

    I can't believe I responded to you. I need more hobbies.

    >
    >

  16. On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:54:34 -0600, "valhalla" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    valhalla wrote:
    > <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > > Hi guys!
    > >
    > > After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin
    again!
    > >
    > > Here's the thing, though.
    > >
    > > NOW what?
    > >
    > > I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight training
    > > now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months, which
    felt
    > > right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started picking
    my
    > > fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any more
    weight.
    > > After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my husband
    is
    > > starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!
    > >
    > > Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back up,
    but
    > > my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A bowl
    of
    > > soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though I
    watch
    > > my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want very
    > > light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the heavy
    > > fat/animal protein stuff.
    > >
    > > The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back to
    > > Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two, but
    I'm
    > > finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more
    active
    > > life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had been
    > > eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more
    whole
    > > grains) and bump the fat down just a little.
    > >
    >
    > My advice: up the carbs. Not to a dabgerous level of course, but you
    are
    > obviously at goal. Eat more fruit and enjoy a "few" cheat days. Keep
    up the
    > excercise and the wisdom of eating. Godspeed.

    At 400 pounds and not comprehending basic metabolic processes you are
    now eminently dispensing advice?

    Good question.

    I know all about metabolic processes, health and nutrition.

    But then you proceeded to post the following that makes your assertion
    of knowing all about metabolic processes rather gratuitous ;

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:59:11 -0600, "valhalla" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Is it true that low carb will deplete muscle glycogen and cause muscle
    fatigue?

  17. "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Most likely.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    How is it going through life so angry?
    If it helps, I think you are a very intelligent person.

    Quoted message said:

    "valhalla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Are you too fat to know the difference between too and to?

    --

    I missed an "o".
    I must be REALLY fat, huh?

    Quoted message said:

    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. --


    MFW

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "valhalla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    >> "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email hidden]...
    >> >
    >> > valhalla wrote:
    >> >> <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> >> news:[email hidden]...
    >> >> > Hi guys!
    >> >> >
    >> >> > After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin
    >> > again!
    >> >> >
    >> >> > Here's the thing, though.
    >> >> >
    >> >> > NOW what?
    >> >> >
    >> >> > I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight


    training

    Quoted message said:

    >> >> > now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months,


    which

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > felt
    >> >> > right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started


    picking

    Quoted message said:

    >> > my
    >> >> > fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any more
    >> > weight.
    >> >> > After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my
    >> >> > husband
    >> > is
    >> >> > starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!
    >> >> >
    >> >> > Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back


    up,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > but
    >> >> > my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A


    bowl

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > of
    >> >> > soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > watch
    >> >> > my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want


    very

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >> > light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the
    >> >> > heavy
    >> >> > fat/animal protein stuff.
    >> >> >
    >> >> > The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone


    back

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to

    Quoted message said:

    >> >> > Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two,


    but

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > I'm
    >> >> > finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more
    >> > active
    >> >> > life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had
    >> >> > been
    >> >> > eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little


    (more

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > whole
    >> >> > grains) and bump the fat down just a little.
    >> >> >
    >> >>
    >> >> My advice: up the carbs. Not to a dabgerous level of course, but
    >> >> you
    >> > are
    >> >> obviously at goal. Eat more fruit and enjoy a "few" cheat days.
    >> >> Keep
    >> > up the
    >> >> excercise and the wisdom of eating. Godspeed.
    >> >
    >> >
    >> > At 400 pounds and not comprehending basic metabolic processes you
    >> > are
    >> > now eminently dispensing advice?
    >> >
    >>
    >> Good question.
    >
    >
    > I know all about metabolic processes, health and nutrition.
    > I'm not to fat to read.
    > Beside that, I have lost over 80 pounds before, so I also
    > know what it is like.
    >
    > I can't believe I responded to you. I need more hobbies.
    >
    >
    >>
    >>
    >
    >

  18. "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:54:34 -0600, "valhalla" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > valhalla wrote:
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email hidden]...
    >> > Hi guys!
    >> >
    >> > After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin
    > again!
    >> >
    >> > Here's the thing, though.
    >> >
    >> > NOW what?
    >> >
    >> > I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight


    training

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months, which
    > felt
    >> > right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started


    picking

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > my
    >> > fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any more
    > weight.
    >> > After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my husband
    > is
    >> > starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!
    >> >
    >> > Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back up,
    > but
    >> > my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A bowl
    > of
    >> > soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though I
    > watch
    >> > my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want very
    >> > light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the heavy
    >> > fat/animal protein stuff.
    >> >
    >> > The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two, but
    > I'm
    >> > finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more
    > active
    >> > life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had been
    >> > eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more
    > whole
    >> > grains) and bump the fat down just a little.
    >> >
    >>
    >> My advice: up the carbs. Not to a dabgerous level of course, but you
    > are
    >> obviously at goal. Eat more fruit and enjoy a "few" cheat days. Keep
    > up the
    >> excercise and the wisdom of eating. Godspeed.
    >
    >
    > At 400 pounds and not comprehending basic metabolic processes you are
    > now eminently dispensing advice?
    >

    Good question.

    I know all about metabolic processes, health and nutrition.

    But then you proceeded to post the following that makes your assertion
    of knowing all about metabolic processes rather gratuitous ;

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:59:11 -0600, "valhalla" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Is it true that low carb will deplete muscle glycogen and cause muscle
    fatigue?


    That is a given specific that I was unsure of.
    It shows nothing in the way of my all my knowledge.
    Why are you so ready to attack?
    You post on Ng's alot don't you?

    Quoted message said:


  19. On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:00:15 -0600, "valhalla" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:54:34 -0600, "valhalla" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > >
    > > valhalla wrote:
    > >> <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email hidden]...
    > >> > Hi guys!
    > >> >
    > >> > After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin
    > > again!
    > >> >
    > >> > Here's the thing, though.
    > >> >
    > >> > NOW what?
    > >> >
    > >> > I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight


    training

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> > now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months, which
    > > felt
    > >> > right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started


    picking

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > my
    > >> > fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any more
    > > weight.
    > >> > After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my husband
    > > is
    > >> > starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!
    > >> >
    > >> > Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back up,
    > > but
    > >> > my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A bowl
    > > of
    > >> > soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though I
    > > watch
    > >> > my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want very
    > >> > light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the heavy
    > >> > fat/animal protein stuff.
    > >> >
    > >> > The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone back


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> > Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two, but
    > > I'm
    > >> > finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more
    > > active
    > >> > life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had been
    > >> > eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little (more
    > > whole
    > >> > grains) and bump the fat down just a little.
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >> My advice: up the carbs. Not to a dabgerous level of course, but you
    > > are
    > >> obviously at goal. Eat more fruit and enjoy a "few" cheat days. Keep
    > > up the
    > >> excercise and the wisdom of eating. Godspeed.
    > >
    > >
    > > At 400 pounds and not comprehending basic metabolic processes you are
    > > now eminently dispensing advice?
    > >
    >
    > Good question.

    I know all about metabolic processes, health and nutrition.

    But then you proceeded to post the following that makes your assertion
    of knowing all about metabolic processes rather gratuitous ;

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:59:11 -0600, "valhalla" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Is it true that low carb will deplete muscle glycogen and cause muscle
    fatigue?


    That is a given specific that I was unsure of.
    It shows nothing in the way of my all my knowledge.
    Why are you so ready to attack?
    You post on Ng's alot don't you?

    Quoted message said:



    Impeaches your credibility directly regarding your knowledge of
    metabolic processes and your ability to provide nutritional advice for
    same.

    Your last two questions are uninteresting feints to the central issue,
    which is your inability to "Practice What You Preach" while not fully
    understanding what you're preaching.

  20. So now you can discern anger through a couple of words.

    Excellent.

    --
    Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "valhalla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Most likely.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    How is it going through life so angry?
    If it helps, I think you are a very intelligent person.

    Quoted message said:

    "valhalla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > Are you too fat to know the difference between too and to?
    >
    > --

    I missed an "o".
    I must be REALLY fat, huh?

    > Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. --


    MFW

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    >
    > "valhalla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > >
    > > "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email hidden]...
    > >> "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >
    > >> > valhalla wrote:
    > >> >> <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >> news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> > Hi guys!
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > After about a year of l/c... I'm happy to announce... I'm thin
    > >> > again!
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > Here's the thing, though.
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > NOW what?
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > I walk about three miles every other day; I also do weight
    training
    > >> >> > now, three times a week. I stalled at a size 12 for months,


    which

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> > felt
    > >> >> > right to me, but on the advice of my doctor, I just started
    picking
    > >> > my
    > >> >> > fitness level up and decided not to worry about losing any
    > >> >> > more
    > >> > weight.
    > >> >> > After a recent "whoosh", I have suddenly lost more, and my
    > >> >> > husband
    > >> > is
    > >> >> > starting to worry that I'm getting too thin!!
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > Recently, I find that though my carbs have been creeping back


    up,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> > but
    > >> >> > my appetite hasn't. I still eat very, very small portions. A


    bowl

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> > of
    > >> >> > soup is a meal to me. I've had to up my carbs a little (though


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> > watch
    > >> >> > my calories when I do this) because sometimes I feel I want


    very

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> > light/bland foods, like soup and salad, and can't handle the
    > >> >> > heavy
    > >> >> > fat/animal protein stuff.
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > The whole question is - now what do I do? I've briefly gone


    back

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to
    > >> >> > Induction a few times, after a particularly carby day or two,


    but

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> > I'm
    > >> >> > finding that now that I'm pretty much at goal, and have a more
    > >> > active
    > >> >> > life, I don't feel well if I eat the same low-carb diet I had
    > >> >> > been
    > >> >> > eating before. Maybe I can bump the carbs up just a little


    (more

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> > whole
    > >> >> > grains) and bump the fat down just a little.
    > >> >> >
    > >> >>
    > >> >> My advice: up the carbs. Not to a dabgerous level of course, but
    > >> >> you
    > >> > are
    > >> >> obviously at goal. Eat more fruit and enjoy a "few" cheat days.
    > >> >> Keep
    > >> > up the
    > >> >> excercise and the wisdom of eating. Godspeed.
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> > At 400 pounds and not comprehending basic metabolic processes you
    > >> > are
    > >> > now eminently dispensing advice?
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >> Good question.
    > >
    > >
    > > I know all about metabolic processes, health and nutrition.
    > > I'm not to fat to read.
    > > Beside that, I have lost over 80 pounds before, so I also
    > > know what it is like.
    > >
    > > I can't believe I responded to you. I need more hobbies.
    > >
    > >
    > >>
    > >>
    > >
    > >
    >
    >

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.