General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

I may not be IN tomorrow...

Started by np426z · · Last activity · 12 posts · 277 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
9 December 2004
Last activity
17 December 2004
Original author
np426z
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
277
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. ....cos I have a stinky exam. Try to get by without me, and be nice to my
    New Best Friend the gothy girl. I read her livejournal and like her lots
    and will look *very* unkindly on anyone being nasty. You have been warned.
    That means YOU, Mr Fablustrunner/Wobbot/whateverdumbnameyoucanthinkof.

    I'll be off snowboarding on Sat and poss Sunday too, so you really will have
    to be *very* brave. As an aside, you'll be pleased to hear that I can now
    swim for one hour WITHOUT STOPPING. I am *so* proud of myself! One whole
    hour! On Tuesday I swam for my hour at the Commonwealth Pool in Edinburgh
    then went a run four times (about 24k) around Arthur's Seat, a bloody great
    hilly park right next to the pool. Legs felt mighty strange afterwards, but
    I had the stupidest grin on my face for the rest of the day. I *love*
    feeling this fit.

    How come when parts of your life go well, the remainder seems to dive into
    freefall? Yeah, the girl thing isn't exactly a raging success. Yunno that
    feeling you get when you sense it isn't going to work out, yet you aren't
    quite ready to throw in the towel? Well, I'm there. I have tried, lord,
    have I tried. But I'm just going to have to walk, I know it. But then,
    have I tried hard enough? Round and round I go. My middle name should be
    procrastination. Maybe it is and no one told me!

    Oh, I'm boring myself now. I'm off. See ya later, little rec.runners.
    Play nice and stay safe.

    Luvvin ya!

    Ro.

  2. "np426z" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    ...cos I have a stinky exam. Try to get by without me, and be nice to my
    New Best Friend the gothy girl. I read her livejournal and like her lots
    and will look *very* unkindly on anyone being nasty. You have been


    warned.

    Quoted message said:

    That means YOU, Mr Fablustrunner/Wobbot/whateverdumbnameyoucanthinkof.

    I'll be off snowboarding on Sat and poss Sunday too, so you really will


    have

    Quoted message said:

    to be *very* brave. As an aside, you'll be pleased to hear that I can


    now

    Quoted message said:

    swim for one hour WITHOUT STOPPING. I am *so* proud of myself! One


    whole

    Quoted message said:

    hour! On Tuesday I swam for my hour at the Commonwealth Pool in Edinburgh
    then went a run four times (about 24k) around Arthur's Seat, a bloody


    great

    Quoted message said:

    hilly park right next to the pool. Legs felt mighty strange afterwards,


    but

    Quoted message said:

    I had the stupidest grin on my face for the rest of the day. I *love*
    feeling this fit.

    How come when parts of your life go well, the remainder seems to dive into
    freefall? Yeah, the girl thing isn't exactly a raging success. Yunno


    that

    Quoted message said:

    feeling you get when you sense it isn't going to work out, yet you aren't
    quite ready to throw in the towel? Well, I'm there. I have tried,


    lord,

    Quoted message said:

    have I tried. But I'm just going to have to walk, I know it. But then,
    have I tried hard enough? Round and round I go. My middle name should


    be

    Quoted message said:

    procrastination. Maybe it is and no one told me!

    Oh, I'm boring myself now. I'm off. See ya later, little rec.runners.
    Play nice and stay safe.

    Luvvin ya!

    Ro.

    Are you a regular poster in this NG?

  3. np426z said:

    ...cos I have a stinky exam. Try to get by without me, and be nice to my
    New Best Friend the gothy girl. I read her livejournal and like her lots
    and will look *very* unkindly on anyone being nasty. You have been warned.
    That means YOU, Mr Fablustrunner/Wobbot/whateverdumbnameyoucanthinkof.

    yay! i feel special! 😄

    good luck in the exam. 🙂

    cassandra
    ______________________________________________________________________
    =, (\_/) ,= cassandra |http://darkness.mine.nu/spirit
    /`-'--("😉--'-'\ forever darkness |spiritATcyberbeachDOTnet
    / (___) \ geek girl |http://darkness.mine.nu
    /.-.-./ " " \.-.-.\ |"embrace the darkness"
    ____________________________________|_________________________________
    Listen to them... the children of the night... - Dracula

    Goth Code: http://ativan.netdesign.net/~moses/gc98.html
    ANLfia4eaSabav4eLcqq54hzACPGta3nmoludZaH3sIaGj4s2aGd5naiinjDciiHJhaTdFiAnf8baasNjuqYZZFaaaGbaeca

  4. Quoted message said:

    Are you a regular poster in this NG?

    Thankfully, NO!

  5. forever darkness said:
    np426z said:

    ...cos I have a stinky exam. Try to get by without me, and be nice to my
    New Best Friend the gothy girl.

    No offence to forever, I'm a relatively new runner myself and this
    exchange is very informative, but I just don't get this Goth stuff.
    If you worship darkness and death then why not just kill yourself?
    Why wait?
    Perhaps I'm just reading too much into it.

    There's so much awful [censored] in this world for those with no escape
    from it, that frankly, spoilt, western, nihilistic teenagers
    professing to love pseudo-vampiric dreams of dark non-existence makes
    me sick to my stomach.

    This isn't aimed at you forever, I'm just venting.

    br d

    Have a good time all the time, cos you won't get nothing when you die.

  6. "br d" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    No offence to forever, I'm a relatively new runner myself and this
    exchange is very informative, but I just don't get this Goth stuff.
    If you worship darkness and death then why not just kill yourself?
    Why wait?
    Perhaps I'm just reading too much into it.
    There's so much awful [censored] in this world for those with no escape
    from it, that frankly, spoilt, western, nihilistic teenagers
    professing to love pseudo-vampiric dreams of dark non-existence makes
    me sick to my stomach.

    Perhaps, my angry friend, you need to look beyond the clothes and the image
    and look at the person. I'm not suggesting there isn't a degree of truth
    in what you write, but the over-simplification and generalisation of
    anything - be it of philosophies or of people - it what creates monsters,
    not the ideology or its followers.

    Quoted message said:

    This isn't aimed at you forever

    That's good. 'Cause I'd stand by her side any day.

    Roger.

  7. np426z said:

    "br d" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    No offence to forever, I'm a relatively new runner myself and this
    exchange is very informative, but I just don't get this Goth stuff.
    If you worship darkness and death then why not just kill yourself?
    Why wait?
    Perhaps I'm just reading too much into it.
    There's so much awful [censored] in this world for those with no escape
    from it, that frankly, spoilt, western, nihilistic teenagers
    professing to love pseudo-vampiric dreams of dark non-existence makes
    me sick to my stomach.

    Perhaps, my angry friend, you need to look beyond the clothes and the image
    and look at the person. I'm not suggesting there isn't a degree of truth
    in what you write, but the over-simplification and generalisation of
    anything - be it of philosophies or of people - it what creates monsters,
    not the ideology or its followers.

    I'm surprised you read it as anger Roger, it was actually more
    despair. But your comments are fair. I've had a bad week, I probably
    should have kept it to myself, it honestly wasn't an attack on
    forever, just letting out some stress. And you're bang on mate, it
    was generalising, my apologies.

    It's just sometimes, you know, just sometimes.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    This isn't aimed at you forever

    That's good. 'Cause I'd stand by her side any day.

    Well whatever. I hope you're both very happy.

    br d

  8. br d said:

    No offence to forever, I'm a relatively new runner myself and this
    exchange is very informative, but I just don't get this Goth stuff.
    If you worship darkness and death then why not just kill yourself?
    Why wait?
    Perhaps I'm just reading too much into it.

    i don't worship darkness and death. in fact i worship the earth and
    the life within it.

    the difference between being a goth and not-goth is that i don't shy
    away from darkness, death, and dispair. it doesn't scare me.

    i'm also the type that believes in embracing all emotions... the good
    and the bad, because it proves that i can still *feel*. if i'm
    depressed, then i feel that depression instead of fighting it. i know
    that i'll get past it, so it's no big deal. i expierience it, learn
    from it, then move on.

    Quoted message said:

    There's so much awful [censored] in this world for those with no escape
    from it, that frankly, spoilt, western, nihilistic teenagers
    professing to love pseudo-vampiric dreams of dark non-existence makes
    me sick to my stomach.

    you're not talking about real goths then. you're talking about
    spoiled wester nihilistic teens that dress in black and claim that
    they're goth.

    a girl once said something about what a definition of a goth is. it's
    not clothes, the hair, the choice of music, or an eternal anger at the
    world:

    Goth isn't *just* about a look. Goth is almost a way of life, and it
    is for most people. The definition of a goth, which I carry around is
    someone who was forced to experience adult problems at a young age,
    and had to growup quicker than others. Through their experience, they
    grew a bit wisened and jaded to the world, and so a goth was born...
    - Bif, agf

    a lot of those teenies goths are out to rebel against the norm and
    their parents. heck, almost all teenagers do it to some degree. i
    was a "headbanger" back in my teen years, wearing huge chains,
    crosses, lots of black and listening to offensive music. i naturally
    moved to the goth look because of how it fit in with my tastes. yes,
    i still listen to angry dark music (NIN qualifies), dress in a lot of
    black, dye my hair various colours, get tattoos and piercings.

    but i don't run around believing in hurt, pain, death and destruction.
    if you met me, you'd think i'm quite normal, albeit a little quirky.
    i'm pagan and believe in the sanctity of life. i love animals and
    donate to animal based charities. i'm training to be a police officer
    so i can help people. i've been a volunteer for over 3 years with an
    organization that helps victims of online stalking and harassment. i
    don't do drugs, i don't smoke, i'm a vegetarian who has studied food
    to make sure i'm getting the right foods.

    and yes, i'm a goth. because i like black, velvet, and lace. i like
    skinny puppy, rammstein, vnv nation. i like skulls, vampires, and
    creepy dolls that look like they're dead. i read true life books on
    serial killers and documented ghost stories.

    i embrace the dark side of life for the mysteriousness of it. but i
    have a lot of good things in my life to counter it.

    so does that help explain it a bit more? 🙂

    cassandra
    ______________________________________________________________________
    =, (\_/) ,= cassandra |http://darkness.mine.nu/spirit
    /`-'--("😉--'-'\ forever darkness |spiritATcyberbeachDOTnet
    / (___) \ geek girl |http://darkness.mine.nu
    /.-.-./ " " \.-.-.\ |"embrace the darkness"
    ____________________________________|_________________________________
    All the arguments to prove man's superiority can not shatter this hard
    fact: In suffering, the animals are our equals.
    -- Peter Singer

    Goth Code: http://ativan.netdesign.net/~moses/gc98.html
    ANLfia4eaSabav4eLcqq54hzACPGta3nmoludZaH3sIaGj4s2aGd5naiinjDciiHJhaTdFiAnf8baasNjuqYZZFaaaGbaeca

  9. "br d" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    It's just sometimes, you know, just sometimes.

    Yeah, I get like that too.

    What I didn't write was that oh, until about three months ago, I could have
    written the very same thing as you. And if *I* can admit I would have been
    wrong...

    Quoted message said:

    Well whatever. I hope you're both very happy.

    Dunno 'bout her, but I am :-)

    Roger.

  10. np426z said:
    Quoted message said:

    Well whatever. I hope you're both very happy.

    Dunno 'bout her, but I am :-)

    i'm always happy. 😄 i suffer from the curse of eternal optimism!

    cassandra
    ______________________________________________________________________
    =, (\_/) ,= cassandra |http://darkness.mine.nu/spirit
    /`-'--("😉--'-'\ forever darkness |spiritATcyberbeachDOTnet
    / (___) \ geek girl |http://darkness.mine.nu
    /.-.-./ " " \.-.-.\ |"embrace the darkness"
    ____________________________________|_________________________________
    Protecting herself from what? ...me? I'm as threatening as a hand
    full of mashed potatoes
    - George

    DLU Code: http://www.dragonlanceunderground.com
    WD- AFDL+++ SAFDL++ DLIRC DLC DLML- KE+ DLCG- DLRP+ AOM+ CAN-- LSR+
    RVD RW+ RE++

  11. I just had a stinky exam too. Those proctologists are sadists.

  12. "forever darkness" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    i don't worship darkness and death. in fact i worship the earth and
    the life within it.


    That and clove cigarettes. : )

    Quoted message said:

    the difference between being a goth and not-goth is that i don't shy
    away from darkness, death, and dispair. it doesn't scare me.

    No, that's not the difference. I'm a metalhead and nothing scares me, but
    I've scared plenty of wimpy goths. \m/

    Quoted message said:


    Martha

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.