General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

I need a change

Started by Dave Smith · · Last activity · 25 posts · 210 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 May 2007
Last activity
5 May 2007
Original author
Dave Smith
Posts
25
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
210
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–25 of 25
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. tom said:

    <sf> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Karen AKA Kajikit said:

    On Thu, 03 May 2007 23:13:33 -0700, sf wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 May 2007 07:48:45 +0200, ravenlynne <[email hidden]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Souvlaki
    > According to Wiki.... that's hamburger.
    Wiki must have it backwards... in Australia souvlaki is sliced lamb or
    chicken roasted on a spit, and gyros is the ground stuff (usually
    overseasoned and greasy). Souvlaki is miles ahead in the flavour
    department...


    I love the sliced stuff.... but I'm not fond of the burger style
    stuff.


    We make this all the time:

    Tzatziki Sauce

    I make pretty much the same thing.

    Quoted message said:

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Souvlaki

    Yes..that's what I thought it was...we use beef though.

    You can't always trust wikipedia for accuracy.

    --
    "All of those faeries and duels and mad queens and so on, and no one
    quoted old Billy Shakespeare. Not even once."
    - Billy the Werewolf, The Dresden Files

  2. ravenlynne said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Wiki must have it backwards... in Australia souvlaki is sliced lamb or
    > chicken roasted on a spit, and gyros is the ground stuff (usually
    > overseasoned and greasy). Souvlaki is miles ahead in the flavour
    > department...
    I love the sliced stuff.... but I'm not fond of the burger style
    stuff.


    We make this all the time:

    Tzatziki Sauce

    I make pretty much the same thing.

    Quoted message said:

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Souvlaki

    Yes..that's what I thought it was...we use beef though.

    We use the same basic marinade for pork, chicken lamb and occasionally for
    beef. It is just olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and
    oregano.

    Quoted message said:


    You can't always trust wikipedia for accuracy.

  3. On Sat, 05 May 2007 09:21:31 +0200, ravenlynne <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    sf said:
    Karen AKA Kajikit said:

    On Thu, 03 May 2007 23:13:33 -0700, sf wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 May 2007 07:48:45 +0200, ravenlynne <[email hidden]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Souvlaki
    > According to Wiki.... that's hamburger.
    Wiki must have it backwards... in Australia souvlaki is sliced lamb or
    chicken roasted on a spit, and gyros is the ground stuff (usually
    overseasoned and greasy). Souvlaki is miles ahead in the flavour
    department...

    I love the sliced stuff.... but I'm not fond of the burger style
    stuff.

    I love the chickpea ball gyros...I forget what they're called...

    falafel?

    --
    See return address to reply by email

  4. sf said:

    On Sat, 05 May 2007 09:21:31 +0200, ravenlynne <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    sf said:

    On Fri, 04 May 2007 12:23:02 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > On Thu, 03 May 2007 23:13:33 -0700, sf wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 04 May 2007 07:48:45 +0200, ravenlynne <[email hidden]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Souvlaki
    >> According to Wiki.... that's hamburger.
    > Wiki must have it backwards... in Australia souvlaki is sliced lamb or
    > chicken roasted on a spit, and gyros is the ground stuff (usually
    > overseasoned and greasy). Souvlaki is miles ahead in the flavour
    > department...
    I love the sliced stuff.... but I'm not fond of the burger style
    stuff.


    I love the chickpea ball gyros...I forget what they're called...

    falafel?

    That's it!

    --
    "All of those faeries and duels and mad queens and so on, and no one
    quoted old Billy Shakespeare. Not even once."
    - Billy the Werewolf, The Dresden Files

  5. ravenlynne said:
    sf said:

    On Sat, 05 May 2007 09:21:31 +0200, ravenlynne <[email hidden]>
    wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sf wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 May 2007 12:23:02 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> On Thu, 03 May 2007 23:13:33 -0700, sf wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>> On Fri, 04 May 2007 07:48:45 +0200, ravenlynne <[email hidden]>
    >>> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>> Souvlaki
    >>> According to Wiki.... that's hamburger.
    >> Wiki must have it backwards... in Australia souvlaki is sliced lamb or
    >> chicken roasted on a spit, and gyros is the ground stuff (usually
    >> overseasoned and greasy). Souvlaki is miles ahead in the flavour
    >> department...
    > I love the sliced stuff.... but I'm not fond of the burger style
    > stuff.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I love the chickpea ball gyros...I forget what they're called...

    Quoted message said:

    falafel?

    That's it!

    LOL!!! Great Aussie movie.........

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172543/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.