Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

I need a helmet for MTBing

Started by LIBERATOR · · Last activity · 11 posts · 346 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
7 June 2006
Last activity
9 June 2006
Original author
LIBERATOR
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
346
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I need a helmet but I despise the MTBing helmets, because they're ugly,
    and overly expensive.

    I'm seriously considering getting a Green Bay Packers helmet, and
    removing the mouthguard.

    Seeing how I do love my home, Wisconsin, in that it's a far better
    managed state and far more organizationally sane people compose the
    living environment of which it is far smoother and comforting, I
    although will never reside there permanently again still love the
    place, and should salute my love for it, by perhaps wearing a Green Bay
    Packer helmet when MTBing, of which to make people laugh.

    You see, that's the other goal. I want to be unique, you know, being
    that I'm reincarnated Thomas Jefferson, reincarnated Adolf [censored], I
    shouldn't be normal like everyone else and buy an ugly MTB helmet, I
    need something that stands out. And although I'm not a big major league
    sports fan, the Packers are the rulers of all football.

    So, the question to be asked is "if I fall and have a Packer helmet on,
    will it sustain a blow from rocks, or will it crack?".

    Who knows technical details on football helmets compared to MTB helmets?

  2. You better wear a bullet proof one. Heard theres a bullet to the brain
    just waiting on you.

  3. "LIBERATOR" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I need a helmet

    You can suck my helmet, [censored].

  4. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You better wear a bullet proof one. Heard theres a bullet to the brain
    just waiting on you.

    BWWAAHHAA

    You ain't man enough

    Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

  5. Could be a woman... Tom

    Frugal Joe said:

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You better wear a bullet proof one. Heard theres a bullet to the brain
    just waiting on you.

    BWWAAHHAA

    You ain't man enough

    Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

  6. Suicide Tendencies you do have.

  7. LIBERATOR said:

    I need a helmet but I despise the MTBing helmets, because they're ugly,
    and overly expensive.

    I'm seriously considering getting a Green Bay Packers helmet, and
    removing the mouthguard.

    Seeing how I do love my home, Wisconsin, in that it's a far better
    managed state and far more organizationally sane people compose the
    living environment of which it is far smoother and comforting, I
    although will never reside there permanently again still love the
    place, and should salute my love for it, by perhaps wearing a Green Bay
    Packer helmet when MTBing, of which to make people laugh.

    You see, that's the other goal. I want to be unique, you know, being
    that I'm reincarnated Thomas Jefferson, reincarnated Adolf [censored], I
    shouldn't be normal like everyone else and buy an ugly MTB helmet, I
    need something that stands out. And although I'm not a big major league
    sports fan, the Packers are the rulers of all football.

    So, the question to be asked is "if I fall and have a Packer helmet on,
    will it sustain a blow from rocks, or will it crack?".

    Who knows technical details on football helmets compared to MTB helmets?

    2 things
    1.american football helmets are (surprising this one) not designed for mtbing so wouldn't be advised.
    2. you dont have a bike so why do you care?
    are you attention seeking again zahner??

  8. LIBERATOR said:

    So, the question to be asked is "if I fall and have a Packer helmet on,
    will it sustain a blow from rocks, or will it crack?".

    Who knows technical details on football helmets compared to MTB helmets?

    Not technical details, but I've worn both a fair bit. Football helmets are
    designed to repeatedly take very hard hits, so it should crack much less
    easily than a bike helmet. You'd need to get a real football helmet, not
    some cheap imitation.

    It'll also be hot as hell, but maybe your brain could stand to cook a bit
    more...

    --
    -BB-
    To e-mail me, unmunge my address

  9. BB said:
    LIBERATOR said:

    So, the question to be asked is "if I fall and have a Packer helmet on,
    will it sustain a blow from rocks, or will it crack?".

    Who knows technical details on football helmets compared to MTB helmets?

    Not technical details, but I've worn both a fair bit. Football helmets are
    designed to repeatedly take very hard hits, so it should crack much less
    easily than a bike helmet. You'd need to get a real football helmet, not
    some cheap imitation.

    It'll also be hot as hell, but maybe your brain could stand to cook a bit
    more...

    Yeah, Requiem-style

  10. davebee said:
    LIBERATOR said:

    I need a helmet but I despise the MTBing helmets, because they're ugly,
    and overly expensive.

    I'm seriously considering getting a Green Bay Packers helmet, and
    removing the mouthguard.

    Seeing how I do love my home, Wisconsin, in that it's a far better
    managed state and far more organizationally sane people compose the
    living environment of which it is far smoother and comforting, I
    although will never reside there permanently again still love the
    place, and should salute my love for it, by perhaps wearing a Green
    Bay
    Packer helmet when MTBing, of which to make people laugh.

    You see, that's the other goal. I want to be unique, you know, being
    that I'm reincarnated Thomas Jefferson, reincarnated Adolf [censored], I
    shouldn't be normal like everyone else and buy an ugly MTB helmet, I
    need something that stands out. And although I'm not a big major
    league
    sports fan, the Packers are the rulers of all football.

    So, the question to be asked is "if I fall and have a Packer helmet
    on,
    will it sustain a blow from rocks, or will it crack?".

    Who knows technical details on football helmets compared to MTB
    helmets?

    2 things
    1.american football helmets are (surprising this one) not designed for
    mtbing so wouldn't be advised.
    2. you dont have a bike so why do you care?
    are you attention seeking again zahner??

    again? find an instance of *not* and surprise me.

  11. Quoted message said:

    2 things
    1.american football helmets are (surprising this one) not designed for
    mtbing so wouldn't be advised.

    LOL. How do you know any of this?

    Quoted message said:

    2. you dont have a bike so why do you care?
    are you attention seeking again zahner??

    Who do you work for Chos whilst being trusted by Virginia Crackbon?

    Quoted message said:

    --
    davebee

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.