Dean A. Stepper said:"JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Dean A. Stepper said:"JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
> Has Laguna dried out enough to ride? The Santa Ana conditions
make
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:me
Quoted message said:> think that just maybe... I have my OC parks pass/sticker and
want
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:to
Quoted message said:> roll down there.
>
> JD
>
Yes, Aliso/Woods Canyon is open and mostly dry, Laguna Wilderness
park is
Quoted message said:open on weekends. El Moro closed until County Fire can grade the
fire
Quoted message said:roads.
I've ridden El Moro before and wasn't too impressed because there's
just not enough trail there. I rode another somewhat popular
location
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:in South OC today and was just as unimpressed. I think I'm going
to
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:stick to the Santa Anas because that's the only real climbing in OC
that I can see. I'm looking forward to riding with GT up in the
San
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Gabriels for a little variety as well. I'm starting to repeat
rides in
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:the Santa Anas and I don't want to burn myself out on the better
trails
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:up there. Time for a St George roadtrip...
JD
JD. I agree with you about the OC local trails. I like them after
work or
Quoted message said:when a only have a hour or two to ride.
To get more miles, you can connect Aliso/Woods with Laguna Wilderness
and El
Quoted message said:Morro by crossing Laguna Canyon Road using Stairsteps, Canyon Acres
or one
Quoted message said:of the many illegal trails coming off West Ridge in AWP.
Nah, no illegal trails for me. Working for "the man" makes that highly
impossible. It also makes it harder to complain about poachers if I am
a poacher as well. In this area, poaching can close an area much more
quickly than most other places, which makes it quite selfish and thus
despicable.
Quoted message said:Laguna Ridge, Old Emerald and Lizards are decent trails in LWP.
San Gabriels have alot of variety...if you get a chance do the
Josephine
Quoted message said:Saddle, Strawberry Peak, Red Box, Gabrielino Loop. One of my
favorites.
Quoted message said:Devils Punchbowl is on my short list for San Gabriels...need to do it
before
Quoted message said:it gets too hot.
Are you riding tomorrow? I was thinking about heading up to the San
Gabriels tomorrow.
JD