I need your help.

samneal

Guest
I received a Rival Roaster for Christmas. Instead of having the LOW
and HIGH settings like a slow cooker this roaster has a temperature
control ranging from 150 to 450 degrees F. I need a conversion for the
LOW and HIGH temperatures so I can use slow cooker recipes in my
roaster. Can anyone help me?

take one of those digital probe thermometers and place inside to
measure the different oven settings.

samneal wrote:
> I received a Rival Roaster for Christmas. Instead of having the LOW
> and HIGH settings like a slow cooker this roaster has a temperature
> control ranging from 150 to 450 degrees F. I need a conversion for the
> LOW and HIGH temperatures so I can use slow cooker recipes in my
> roaster. Can anyone help me?

If Rival also makes slow cookers, which I'm guessing they do, give them
a try. There should be a toll free number in the instructions booklet.

Hope this helps,

Ken

Ken wrote on 20 Jan 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> samneal wrote:
> > I received a Rival Roaster for Christmas. Instead of having the LOW
> > and HIGH settings like a slow cooker this roaster has a temperature
> > control ranging from 150 to 450 degrees F. I need a conversion for

the
> > LOW and HIGH temperatures so I can use slow cooker recipes in my
> > roaster. Can anyone help me?

> If Rival also makes slow cookers, which I'm guessing they do, give them
> a try. There should be a toll free number in the instructions booklet.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Ken

google is your friend...look it up.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

samneal wrote:

> I received a Rival Roaster for Christmas. Instead of having the LOW
> and HIGH settings like a slow cooker this roaster has a temperature
> control ranging from 150 to 450 degrees F. I need a conversion for the
> LOW and HIGH temperatures so I can use slow cooker recipes in my
> roaster. Can anyone help me?

i've measured the temp in my crockpot and found low to be ~200f and high
~225f

I wanted to thank everyone for their help. I did manage to find out
the answer to my question. LOW is about 200 to 210 degrees F and HIGH
is 300 to 325 degrees.