I need your help.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by samneal, Jan 20, 2006.

  1. samneal

    samneal Guest

    I received a Rival Roaster for Christmas. Instead of having the LOW
    and HIGH settings like a slow cooker this roaster has a temperature
    control ranging from 150 to 450 degrees F. I need a conversion for the
    LOW and HIGH temperatures so I can use slow cooker recipes in my
    roaster. Can anyone help me?

    Tags:

  2. Teejay

    Teejay Guest

    take one of those digital probe thermometers and place inside to
    measure the different oven settings.

  3. Ken

    Ken Guest

    samneal wrote:
    > I received a Rival Roaster for Christmas. Instead of having the LOW
    > and HIGH settings like a slow cooker this roaster has a temperature
    > control ranging from 150 to 450 degrees F. I need a conversion for the
    > LOW and HIGH temperatures so I can use slow cooker recipes in my
    > roaster. Can anyone help me?

    If Rival also makes slow cookers, which I'm guessing they do, give them
    a try. There should be a toll free number in the instructions booklet.

    Hope this helps,

    Ken

  4. Ken wrote on 20 Jan 2006 in rec.food.cooking

    > samneal wrote:
    > > I received a Rival Roaster for Christmas. Instead of having the LOW
    > > and HIGH settings like a slow cooker this roaster has a temperature
    > > control ranging from 150 to 450 degrees F. I need a conversion for

    the
    > > LOW and HIGH temperatures so I can use slow cooker recipes in my
    > > roaster. Can anyone help me?

    > If Rival also makes slow cookers, which I'm guessing they do, give them
    > a try. There should be a toll free number in the instructions booklet.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    >
    > Ken

    google is your friend...look it up.

    --
    The eyes are the mirrors....
    But the ears...Ah the ears.

  5. AC

    AC Guest

    samneal wrote:

    > I received a Rival Roaster for Christmas. Instead of having the LOW
    > and HIGH settings like a slow cooker this roaster has a temperature
    > control ranging from 150 to 450 degrees F. I need a conversion for the
    > LOW and HIGH temperatures so I can use slow cooker recipes in my
    > roaster. Can anyone help me?

    i've measured the temp in my crockpot and found low to be ~200f and high
    ~225f

  6. samneal

    samneal Guest

    I wanted to thank everyone for their help. I did manage to find out
    the answer to my question. LOW is about 200 to 210 degrees F and HIGH
    is 300 to 325 degrees.