General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

** I See Fat People **

Started by Cubit · · Last activity · 68 posts · 2,008 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 July 2004
Last activity
7 August 2004
Original author
Cubit
Posts
68
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,008
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 68
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "How often do you see them?"

    "All the time... they're everywhere."

    Just as the dead haunt the kid in the movie The Sixth Sense, I find I'm
    startled by all the fat people I see everywhere. I used to only notice just
    the really really big people and feel like a friend had appeared. Now, it
    is like a freak show. I'm surrounded by weird distended pot bellies and
    rears that look 3 feet wide.

    Maybe part of me assumed that everyone would be losing weight, now that low
    carb is well known. They're not. There is finally a diet fad that works,
    and it will fade away just like the other fads. The studies needed to prove
    Atkins will require decades.

    I ache to be thin again. Maybe because I want it so bad I see myself rail
    thin in my mind. I'm making lists of things to do when I'm thin: Change
    careers. Go swimming. Go to the beach. Buy tight clothes. Dye my hair.
    Find more friends. (I almost said "Find new friends."😉 I wanna go to
    nightclubs and be on TV to show off my [future] look.

    Will I still be understanding with all the fat people out there? Will I be
    snotty and rude to them? To really appreciate a fur coat you have to throw
    it on the floor a few times.

    If I already feel surrounded by a society of eye startling fat people, what
    will it be like a year from now?

    Cubit

  2. Sad , just sad. BTW, you'd better be doing some of those things that you
    want to do when you're thin, because life might run out before then. It
    has a way of doing that sometimes.
    --
    Cheri
    Type 2, no meds for now.

    Cubit wrote in message ...

    Quoted message said:

    "How often do you see them?"

    "All the time... they're everywhere."

    Just as the dead haunt the kid in the movie The Sixth Sense, I find I'm
    startled by all the fat people I see everywhere. I used to only notice


    just

    Quoted message said:

    the really really big people and feel like a friend had appeared. Now,


    it

    Quoted message said:

    is like a freak show. I'm surrounded by weird distended pot bellies


    and

    Quoted message said:

    rears that look 3 feet wide.

    Maybe part of me assumed that everyone would be losing weight, now that


    low

    Quoted message said:

    carb is well known. They're not. There is finally a diet fad that


    works,

    Quoted message said:

    and it will fade away just like the other fads. The studies needed to


    prove

    Quoted message said:

    Atkins will require decades.

    I ache to be thin again. Maybe because I want it so bad I see myself


    rail

    Quoted message said:

    thin in my mind. I'm making lists of things to do when I'm thin:


    Change

    Quoted message said:

    careers. Go swimming. Go to the beach. Buy tight clothes. Dye my


    hair.

    Quoted message said:

    Find more friends. (I almost said "Find new friends."😉 I wanna go to
    nightclubs and be on TV to show off my [future] look.

    Will I still be understanding with all the fat people out there? Will


    I be

    Quoted message said:

    snotty and rude to them? To really appreciate a fur coat you have to


    throw

    Quoted message said:

    it on the floor a few times.

    If I already feel surrounded by a society of eye startling fat people,


    what

    Quoted message said:

    will it be like a year from now?

    Cubit

  3. You're not thin yet so don't start counting your chickens before they're
    hatched.

    --
    I wake up every morning and remember that I get to spend all day with me. It
    doesn't get any better than that. -- MFW

    "Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "How often do you see them?"

    "All the time... they're everywhere."

    Just as the dead haunt the kid in the movie The Sixth Sense, I find I'm
    startled by all the fat people I see everywhere. I used to only notice


    just

    Quoted message said:

    the really really big people and feel like a friend had appeared. Now, it
    is like a freak show. I'm surrounded by weird distended pot bellies and
    rears that look 3 feet wide.

    Maybe part of me assumed that everyone would be losing weight, now that


    low

    Quoted message said:

    carb is well known. They're not. There is finally a diet fad that works,
    and it will fade away just like the other fads. The studies needed to


    prove

    Quoted message said:

    Atkins will require decades.

    I ache to be thin again. Maybe because I want it so bad I see myself rail
    thin in my mind. I'm making lists of things to do when I'm thin: Change
    careers. Go swimming. Go to the beach. Buy tight clothes. Dye my hair.
    Find more friends. (I almost said "Find new friends."😉 I wanna go to
    nightclubs and be on TV to show off my [future] look.

    Will I still be understanding with all the fat people out there? Will I


    be

    Quoted message said:

    snotty and rude to them? To really appreciate a fur coat you have to


    throw

    Quoted message said:

    it on the floor a few times.

    If I already feel surrounded by a society of eye startling fat people,


    what

    Quoted message said:

    will it be like a year from now?

    Cubit

  4. what is all this "thin" [censored] about? Screw being thin. There is a difference
    between not being fat and being rail thin. why would you see yourself as
    being rail thin? It's a sickness if you ask me, mostly among girls however..
    You'd better be concerned about being fit -- strong and robust. Get off
    your ass - get to the gym and start doing what you don't want to do. you
    could still be dead a year from now. Oh, you likely won't see so many fat
    people at the gym, so you'll have an escape...

    Cubit wrote:
    || "How often do you see them?"
    ||
    || "All the time... they're everywhere."
    ||
    || Just as the dead haunt the kid in the movie The Sixth Sense, I find
    || I'm startled by all the fat people I see everywhere. I used to only
    || notice just the really really big people and feel like a friend had
    || appeared. Now, it is like a freak show. I'm surrounded by weird
    || distended pot bellies and rears that look 3 feet wide.
    ||
    || Maybe part of me assumed that everyone would be losing weight, now
    || that low carb is well known. They're not. There is finally a diet
    || fad that works, and it will fade away just like the other fads. The
    || studies needed to prove Atkins will require decades.
    ||
    || I ache to be thin again. Maybe because I want it so bad I see
    || myself rail thin in my mind. I'm making lists of things to do when
    || I'm thin: Change careers. Go swimming. Go to the beach. Buy
    || tight clothes. Dye my hair. Find more friends. (I almost said
    || "Find new friends."😉 I wanna go to nightclubs and be on TV to show
    || off my [future] look.
    ||
    || Will I still be understanding with all the fat people out there?
    || Will I be snotty and rude to them? To really appreciate a fur coat
    || you have to throw it on the floor a few times.
    ||
    || If I already feel surrounded by a society of eye startling fat
    || people, what will it be like a year from now?
    ||
    || Cubit

  5. When I moved from the West coast to the Midwest, I saw a lot more fat
    people.

    I was 230 lbs at 5' 6" and knew I was at least "chubby".

    But the move to the midwest was frightening...

    Later, I began to understand some of the difference... I lived in a
    upscale part of the West coast..... and moved to mid-scale and sub mid
    scale Midwest.

    I sat on my bike one evening last summer outside an expensive Italian
    Ristorante.... and only saw one fat person go in.

    I moved down the street to a local BBQ Ribs place and there were some of
    the fat people that I would see when daily shopping in the malls.

    I accidentally managed to start Atkins Low Carb a couple of months ago.
    It was hard to actually start... I kept thinking that there must be ways
    to eat low carb versions of the breads and fruits and pancakes and all
    that other stuff. EVENTUALLY, I gave up and pretty much followed the
    rules as written.

    Jim

    240/194/175

    Cubit said:

    "How often do you see them?"

    "All the time... they're everywhere."

    Just as the dead haunt the kid in the movie The Sixth Sense, I find I'm
    startled by all the fat people I see everywhere. I used to only notice just
    the really really big people and feel like a friend had appeared. Now, it
    is like a freak show. I'm surrounded by weird distended pot bellies and
    rears that look 3 feet wide.

    Maybe part of me assumed that everyone would be losing weight, now that low
    carb is well known. They're not. There is finally a diet fad that works,
    and it will fade away just like the other fads. The studies needed to prove
    Atkins will require decades.

    I ache to be thin again. Maybe because I want it so bad I see myself rail
    thin in my mind. I'm making lists of things to do when I'm thin: Change
    careers. Go swimming. Go to the beach. Buy tight clothes. Dye my hair.
    Find more friends. (I almost said "Find new friends."😉 I wanna go to
    nightclubs and be on TV to show off my [future] look.

    Will I still be understanding with all the fat people out there? Will I be
    snotty and rude to them? To really appreciate a fur coat you have to throw
    it on the floor a few times.

    If I already feel surrounded by a society of eye startling fat people, what
    will it be like a year from now?

    Cubit

    --
    ................................

    Keepsake gift for young girls.
    Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
    Builds strong minds 12 ways.
    Guaranteed satisfaction
    - courteous money back
    - keep bonus gifts

    http://www.alicebook.com

  6. "Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "How often do you see them?"

    "All the time... they're everywhere."

    Just as the dead haunt the kid in the movie The Sixth Sense, I find I'm
    startled by all the fat people I see everywhere. I used to only notice


    just

    Quoted message said:

    the really really big people and feel like a friend had appeared. Now, it
    is like a freak show. I'm surrounded by weird distended pot bellies and
    rears that look 3 feet wide.

    Maybe part of me assumed that everyone would be losing weight, now that


    low

    Quoted message said:

    carb is well known. They're not. There is finally a diet fad that works,
    and it will fade away just like the other fads. The studies needed to


    prove

    Quoted message said:

    Atkins will require decades.

    I ache to be thin again. Maybe because I want it so bad I see myself rail
    thin in my mind. I'm making lists of things to do when I'm thin: Change
    careers. Go swimming. Go to the beach. Buy tight clothes. Dye my hair.
    Find more friends. (I almost said "Find new friends."😉 I wanna go to
    nightclubs and be on TV to show off my [future] look.

    Will I still be understanding with all the fat people out there? Will I


    be

    Quoted message said:

    snotty and rude to them? To really appreciate a fur coat you have to


    throw

    Quoted message said:

    it on the floor a few times.

    If I already feel surrounded by a society of eye startling fat people,


    what

    Quoted message said:

    will it be like a year from now?

    Cubit

    I think you would LOVE a comedy bit called "You People Are Fat" by The
    Frantics.
    --
    ClabberHead 4.01 (who thought it was hilarious even before he started
    dieting)
    aka
    Iron Chef Atkins
    248.5/193.5/185.0 Low-Carb since 5/1/03
    Al-Team #"e" to 27 decimal places (2.71828182845904523536028747...)
    "Think about how stupid the average person is, then remember half of them
    are stupider than that!" - George Carlin

  7. Cubit said:

    If I already feel surrounded by a society of eye startling fat people, what
    will it be like a year from now?

    Arouond Davis (California) it's not that bad. Most pople are thin to
    chubby. The worst is seeing those chicks who think they are thin and
    wear lowcut pants/skirts and high cut tops, so the fat tummys hang down
    over the edge of the pant/skirt. I went near L.A. last week and there I
    saw the real deal (including the countless McDonalds).

  8. Hi,
    On 16-Jul-2004, "Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    Snip

    Quoted message said:

    Will I still be understanding with all the fat people out there?
    Will I be snotty and rude to them? To really appreciate a fur coat
    you have
    to throw it on the floor a few times.


    Snip

    I went through an ugly phase, and I've seen some evidence of it now
    and again in others here on the group over the years. It's not that I
    became rude to people with weight problems, but mentally I started
    *judging* them after I lost the weight. After I thought about it for
    a while I came to the conclusion that it was my way of trying to
    distance myself from the obese Carmen. In order to protect myself
    from relapse I was demonizing the fat Carmen, and extending it to fat
    people in general. Not pretty at all. Your reasons may be different,
    but whenever my view of anything starts to shift radically I want to
    know why.

    Take care,
    Carmen

  9. "Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "How often do you see them?"

    "All the time... they're everywhere."

    Just as the dead haunt the kid in the movie The Sixth Sense, I find I'm
    startled by all the fat people I see everywhere. I used to only notice


    just

    Quoted message said:

    the really really big people and feel like a friend had appeared. Now, it
    is like a freak show. I'm surrounded by weird distended pot bellies and
    rears that look 3 feet wide.

    Quoted message said:

    Maybe part of me assumed that everyone would be losing weight, now that


    low

    Quoted message said:

    carb is well known. They're not. There is finally a diet fad that works,
    and it will fade away just like the other fads. The studies needed to


    prove

    Quoted message said:

    Atkins will require decades.

    well there is that little niggling problem that it doesn't work for
    everyone. weird how everyone isn't identical, isn't it?

    Quoted message said:

    I ache to be thin again. Maybe because I want it so bad I see myself rail
    thin in my mind. I'm making lists of things to do when I'm thin: Change
    careers. Go swimming. Go to the beach. Buy tight clothes. Dye my hair.
    Find more friends. (I almost said "Find new friends."😉 I wanna go to
    nightclubs and be on TV to show off my [future] look.

    you sounds like you have an eating disorder.

    Quoted message said:


    Will I still be understanding with all the fat people out there? Will I


    be

    Quoted message said:

    snotty and rude to them?

    it sounds like you already are.

    -kelly
    fat/kinda fat/still curvy

  10. Carmen said:

    Hi,
    On 16-Jul-2004, "Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    Snip

    Quoted message said:

    Will I still be understanding with all the fat people out there?
    Will I be snotty and rude to them? To really appreciate a fur coat
    you have
    to throw it on the floor a few times.

    Snip

    I went through an ugly phase, and I've seen some evidence of it now
    and again in others here on the group over the years. It's not that I
    became rude to people with weight problems, but mentally I started
    *judging* them after I lost the weight. After I thought about it for
    a while I came to the conclusion that it was my way of trying to
    distance myself from the obese Carmen. In order to protect myself
    from relapse I was demonizing the fat Carmen, and extending it to fat
    people in general. Not pretty at all. Your reasons may be different,
    but whenever my view of anything starts to shift radically I want to
    know why.

    Take care,
    Carmen

    I went through the same thing when I quit smoking. When I
    found myself getting arrogant and thinking "Well, I quit,
    why can't you?", then it was time to re-think and realize
    that not everyone can do it as easy as I did. Same with
    losing weight - it isn't as easy for everyone.

    Marsha/Ohio

  11. I still could stand to lose 20 pounds, weighing around 148-149 now. Not
    really fat, not thin, and I have to say that I really don't notice what
    people weigh, unless there is an extremely heavy person struggling, or
    an anorexic person struggling. Except for the ladies at Curves today, I
    couldn't tell you the body dimensions of anybody else I saw. I hope I
    never can. I think people whose sole focus is weight have some kind of
    disorder too. I could be wrong. :-)
    --
    Cheri
    Type 2, no meds for now.

    metta wrote in message <[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:


    you sounds like you have an eating disorder.

  12. Quoted message said:

    If I already feel surrounded by a society of eye startling fat people, what
    will it be like a year from now?

    Cubit

    The same, maybe a little wiser, more compassionate. You been there, know what
    its like to be fat.

  13. Sunshyne said:
    Quoted message said:

    If I already feel surrounded by a society of eye startling fat
    people, what will it be like a year from now?

    Cubit

    The same, maybe a little wiser, more compassionate. You been there,
    know what its like to be fat.

    I hope more compassionate. I am a little shocked at the lack of compassion.

    --
    nimue

    "If I had created reality television I would have had a much greater
    influence, but then I would have had to KILL MYSELF."
    Joss Whedon

  14. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The same, maybe a little wiser, more compassionate. You been there,
    know what its like to be fat.

    I hope more compassionate. I am a little shocked at the lack of compassion.

    --
    nimue

    "If I had created reality television I would have had a much greater
    influence, but then I would have had to KILL MYSELF."
    Joss Whedon


    I been thinking about it, while reading posts. Its like he is judging others
    that are fat. Why? Does it make himself feel better. Builds his self up? I
    don't know what to think.

    I posted about noticing more fat children at the swimming pool. But then, I
    feel for them. Its not like I said my kids are getting slimmer!!! I can't stand
    to look at these kids!

  15. Hello,
    Cubit:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Will I still be understanding with all the fat people out there?
    Will I be snotty and rude to them? To really appreciate a fur
    coat you have to throw it on the floor a few times.

    Carmen:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I went through an ugly phase, and I've seen some evidence of it
    now and again in others here on the group over the years. It's
    not
    that I became rude to people with weight problems, but mentally I
    started
    *judging* them after I lost the weight. After I thought about it
    for a while I came to the conclusion that it was my way of trying
    to
    distance myself from the obese Carmen. In order to protect myself
    from relapse I was demonizing the fat Carmen, and extending it to
    fat people in general. Not pretty at all. Your reasons may be
    different, but whenever my view of anything starts to shift
    radically I want
    to know why.

    Marsha:

    Quoted message said:

    I went through the same thing when I quit smoking. When I
    found myself getting arrogant and thinking "Well, I quit,
    why can't you?", then it was time to re-think and realize
    that not everyone can do it as easy as I did. Same with
    losing weight - it isn't as easy for everyone.

    <laughing> Come to think of it I did go through a holier-than-thou
    phase after I quit too. Looking back I'm thankful because I think it
    was somehow physically easier for me than many find it. I've seen
    people I *know* are strong people struggle to quit time and again.
    There must be differences in how strongly people become
    physiologically addicted to nicotine.

    Take care,
    Carmen

  16. Sunshyne said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The same, maybe a little wiser, more compassionate. You been there,
    know what its like to be fat.

    I hope more compassionate. I am a little shocked at the lack of
    compassion.

    --
    nimue

    "If I had created reality television I would have had a much greater
    influence, but then I would have had to KILL MYSELF."
    Joss Whedon


    I been thinking about it, while reading posts. Its like he is judging
    others that are fat. Why? Does it make himself feel better. Builds
    his self up? I don't know what to think.

    I posted about noticing more fat children at the swimming pool. But
    then, I feel for them. Its not like I said my kids are getting
    slimmer!!! I can't stand to look at these kids!

    When I was young, I was a geeky, nerdy kid. As an adult and a teacher, I
    LOVE the geeky, nerdy kids. Why is that? Well, I think I came to terms
    with my inner-geek. I embrace and love what I was because there was nothing
    bad about it. There is nothing bad about being fat, either. Yes, it's
    unhealthy, etc., but it's not bad -- not like being a bigot or a bully.
    Those are bad things. Unless you understand that as a fat person you are
    still good and valuble and worthy of love, you will probably despise
    anything that reminds you of a time you felt you weren't. When I see people
    who are obese I feel many things. I may feel compassion. I at times may
    feel admiration. I work with an obese woman who still dresses with such
    flair, such style -- I will NEVER be that stylish. She is also
    exceptionally kind and funny. I may feel sympathy. I don't feel
    contempt -- ever. How could I possibly dare -- I who know how hard it is to
    be overweight and to lose weight? To feel contempt for them I would have to
    loathe myself and I am not about to do that. I do not want to be fat. I
    want to lose weight. I want to be healthy. However, other people must
    decide for themselves and I would never judge them. They may have strengths
    I could never imagine and I am not stupid enough to just judge people on
    their looks.

    --
    nimue

    "If I had created reality television I would have had a much greater
    influence, but then I would have had to KILL MYSELF."
    Joss Whedon

  17. "nimue" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Sunshyne said:
    Quoted message said:

    > The same, maybe a little wiser, more compassionate. You been there,
    > know what its like to be fat.

    I hope more compassionate. I am a little shocked at the lack of
    compassion.

    --
    nimue

    "If I had created reality television I would have had a much greater
    influence, but then I would have had to KILL MYSELF."
    Joss Whedon


    I been thinking about it, while reading posts. Its like he is judging
    others that are fat. Why? Does it make himself feel better. Builds
    his self up? I don't know what to think.

    I posted about noticing more fat children at the swimming pool. But
    then, I feel for them. Its not like I said my kids are getting
    slimmer!!! I can't stand to look at these kids!

    When I was young, I was a geeky, nerdy kid. As an adult and a teacher, I
    LOVE the geeky, nerdy kids. Why is that? Well, I think I came to terms
    with my inner-geek. I embrace and love what I was because there was


    nothing

    Quoted message said:

    bad about it. There is nothing bad about being fat, either. Yes, it's
    unhealthy, etc., but it's not bad -- not like being a bigot or a bully.
    Those are bad things. Unless you understand that as a fat person you are
    still good and valuble and worthy of love, you will probably despise
    anything that reminds you of a time you felt you weren't. When I see


    people

    Quoted message said:

    who are obese I feel many things. I may feel compassion. I at times may
    feel admiration. I work with an obese woman who still dresses with such
    flair, such style -- I will NEVER be that stylish. She is also
    exceptionally kind and funny. I may feel sympathy. I don't feel
    contempt -- ever. How could I possibly dare -- I who know how hard it is


    to

    Quoted message said:

    be overweight and to lose weight? To feel contempt for them I would have


    to

    Quoted message said:

    loathe myself and I am not about to do that. I do not want to be fat. I
    want to lose weight. I want to be healthy. However, other people must
    decide for themselves and I would never judge them. They may have


    strengths

    Quoted message said:

    I could never imagine and I am not stupid enough to just judge people on
    their looks.

    --
    nimue

    "If I had created reality television I would have had a much greater
    influence, but then I would have had to KILL MYSELF."
    Joss Whedon


    Perhaps they haven't reached that point in their life where they're ready to
    take control and make a change. No matter how many times you've been urged
    by well-meaning people, we all know that the change has to come from within.
    No one can make you lose weight but yourself and you should only do it for
    yourself. Otherwise you get resentful if you try to do it for others. I've
    been lurking for awhile but this issue is near and dear to my heart. There
    are too many people who ignore the obese as if it's a disease that is
    contagious. I find it funny that the bigger you are, the more invisible you
    become.

    Denise

  18. Cubit said:

    "How often do you see them?"

    "All the time... they're everywhere."

    And you were once as fat as they. I also would hazard a guess that the
    way you got fat was similar to theirs.

    Just because Atkins has now made headlines doesn't mean everyone is
    suddenly on it. It's still got a 'reputation' to overcome, as being
    that 'bacon and eggs diet'. I used to believe the media's slant on
    Atkins, too, until I read for myself.

    There are people who are slimmer than you out there, too, who are
    probably looking at you, and thinking "Hasn't this person ever heard of
    Atkins?", but not saying it aloud.

    Be careful because you may also be judged the same way you are judging
    other people.

  19. You're supposed to love all the kids.

    What kind of sorry excuse for a teacher are you?

    --
    Did it ever occur to you that you are a hemorrhoid on the anus of
    society? -- MFW

    "nimue" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Sunshyne said:
    Quoted message said:

    > The same, maybe a little wiser, more compassionate. You been there,
    > know what its like to be fat.

    I hope more compassionate. I am a little shocked at the lack of
    compassion.

    --
    nimue

    "If I had created reality television I would have had a much greater
    influence, but then I would have had to KILL MYSELF."
    Joss Whedon


    I been thinking about it, while reading posts. Its like he is judging
    others that are fat. Why? Does it make himself feel better. Builds
    his self up? I don't know what to think.

    I posted about noticing more fat children at the swimming pool. But
    then, I feel for them. Its not like I said my kids are getting
    slimmer!!! I can't stand to look at these kids!

    When I was young, I was a geeky, nerdy kid. As an adult and a teacher, I
    LOVE the geeky, nerdy kids. Why is that? Well, I think I came to terms
    with my inner-geek. I embrace and love what I was because there was


    nothing

    Quoted message said:

    bad about it. There is nothing bad about being fat, either. Yes, it's
    unhealthy, etc., but it's not bad -- not like being a bigot or a bully.
    Those are bad things. Unless you understand that as a fat person you are
    still good and valuble and worthy of love, you will probably despise
    anything that reminds you of a time you felt you weren't. When I see


    people

    Quoted message said:

    who are obese I feel many things. I may feel compassion. I at times may
    feel admiration. I work with an obese woman who still dresses with such
    flair, such style -- I will NEVER be that stylish. She is also
    exceptionally kind and funny. I may feel sympathy. I don't feel
    contempt -- ever. How could I possibly dare -- I who know how hard it is


    to

    Quoted message said:

    be overweight and to lose weight? To feel contempt for them I would have


    to

    Quoted message said:

    loathe myself and I am not about to do that. I do not want to be fat. I
    want to lose weight. I want to be healthy. However, other people must
    decide for themselves and I would never judge them. They may have


    strengths

    Quoted message said:

    I could never imagine and I am not stupid enough to just judge people on
    their looks.

    --
    nimue

    "If I had created reality television I would have had a much greater
    influence, but then I would have had to KILL MYSELF."
    Joss Whedon

  20. Ignoramus22273 wrote:
    || In article <[email hidden]>, Marsha
    || wrote:
    ||| Carmen wrote:
    |||
    |||| Hi,
    |||| On 16-Jul-2004, "Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    |||| Snip
    ||||
    ||||| Will I still be understanding with all the fat people out there?
    ||||| Will I be snotty and rude to them? To really appreciate a fur
    ||||| coat you have
    ||||| to throw it on the floor a few times.
    ||||
    |||| Snip
    ||||
    |||| I went through an ugly phase, and I've seen some evidence of it now
    |||| and again in others here on the group over the years. It's not
    |||| that I became rude to people with weight problems, but mentally I
    |||| started *judging* them after I lost the weight. After I thought
    |||| about it for a while I came to the conclusion that it was my way
    |||| of trying to distance myself from the obese Carmen. In order to
    |||| protect myself from relapse I was demonizing the fat Carmen, and
    |||| extending it to fat people in general. Not pretty at all. Your
    |||| reasons may be different, but whenever my view of anything starts
    |||| to shift radically I want to know why.
    ||||
    |||| Take care,
    |||| Carmen
    |||
    ||| I went through the same thing when I quit smoking. When I
    ||| found myself getting arrogant and thinking "Well, I quit,
    ||| why can't you?", then it was time to re-think and realize
    ||| that not everyone can do it as easy as I did. Same with
    ||| losing weight - it isn't as easy for everyone.
    |||
    ||| Marsha/Ohio
    |||
    ||
    || I also went through an ugly phase. But then it sort of subsided.

    Sort of....but certainly not fully.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.