General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Iam horrid

Started by Michael \Dog3\ · · Last activity · 80 posts · 2,529 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 December 2007
Last activity
9 December 2007
Original author
Michael \Dog3\
Posts
80
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,529
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–80 of 80
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Goomba38" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    cybercat wrote:
    I got to like going all day not having to sneak off and smoke,

    Quoted message said:

    you know? So then I started leaving it on all day and all evening, having
    one cigarette before I went to bed. When that one cigarette made me
    lightheaded,

    combining the nicotine patch and smoking is a great recipe for an MI.

    Myocardial Infarction. I know. It says that ALLL OVER the package of the
    nicotine patch. Nevertheless, I survived. ( I never smoked while I actually
    had the patch on.) I said I did it, I did not say it was a good idea.

    Hope that clears it up for you. If not, please feel free to state the
    obvious again. Over and over.

  2. cybercat said:

    "Goomba38" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    cybercat wrote:
    I got to like going all day not having to sneak off and smoke,

    Quoted message said:

    you know? So then I started leaving it on all day and all evening, having
    one cigarette before I went to bed. When that one cigarette made me
    lightheaded,


    combining the nicotine patch and smoking is a great recipe for an MI.

    Myocardial Infarction. I know. It says that ALLL OVER the package of the
    nicotine patch. Nevertheless, I survived. ( I never smoked while I actually
    had the patch on.) I said I did it, I did not say it was a good idea.

    Hope that clears it up for you. If not, please feel free to state the
    obvious again. Over and over.

    Perhaps it was directed to others who may not have known what the
    potential risk is. Perhaps to *other* patch wearing smokers.

  3. Goomba38 <[email hidden]> dropped this
    news:[email hidden]: in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:
    Quoted message said:

    What do you know about Librium? If it is mood altering to an extreme
    I'll not take another pill. Steven has told me to not take another
    pill. Yeah, like he tells me to stop smoking.

    Michael

    Librium is addictive, but used very short term it can be very
    successful for stress after trauma.


    We rarely give that to trauma patients, although perhaps private
    practice doctors do so more?
    The only use I've seen it for in years is alcohol withdrawl, and we
    rarely use it for that either! Lorazepam gtts or tablets and/or Versed
    gtts are used more often in my practice,

    Hmmm... I don't drink. I do not know why he gave it to me then. Maybe I
    just seemed nuts to him and it was a way to blow me off. He is in private
    practice.

    I do know my hand is really sore today. It seemed to get better and then
    got worse. My mingers be singed ;( They are dark, crusty and hard. I
    have to tell you, this burn deal is not fun. I thought I was out of the
    woods a couple of days ago. Never will I grab a burning can. Ever. I did
    get to the store today. Sara took me. I was grateful for her generosity.
    My friend Martha offered but taking a ride with her is like riding on a
    roller coaster.

    Michael

    --
    Too much fun! Click the card link and print 'em out.

    http://shorterlink.com/?87KN1V

    Send email to: michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  4. "Goomba38" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:


    Perhaps it was directed to others who may not have known what the
    potential risk is. Perhaps to *other* patch wearing smokers.

    Who might miss that it is all over the packaging? Mmm mmm. And as
    I said, I did not smoke while I had the patch on.

    So I am not, nor have I ever been a patch wearing smoker.

    In addition ... it didn't kill me.

    I know you're glad to hear that.

  5. "Michael "Dog3"" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I do know my hand is really sore today. It seemed to get better and then
    got worse. My mingers be singed ;( They are dark, crusty and hard.

    awww, I am sorry about your crusty mingers.

  6. Michael 'Dog3 said:

    I do know my hand is really sore today. It seemed to get better and then
    got worse. My mingers be singed ;( They are dark, crusty and hard. I
    have to tell you, this burn deal is not fun. I thought I was out of the
    woods a couple of days ago. Never will I grab a burning can. Ever. I did
    get to the store today. Sara took me. I was grateful for her generosity.
    My friend Martha offered but taking a ride with her is like riding on a
    roller coaster.

    You did go to a burn center for care at the time of the accident, didn't
    you? Anytime a person has burns on the face, over joints, the hands or
    the genitals (even if not extensive) they should be seen by a burn
    specialist.

  7. Goomba38 <[email hidden]> dropped this
    news:[email hidden]: in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:


    You did go to a burn center for care at the time of the accident,
    didn't you? Anytime a person has burns on the face, over joints, the
    hands or the genitals (even if not extensive) they should be seen by a
    burn specialist.

    Yes, I am just musing over it all. I'm surprised with all the cooks around
    here there are not more burns. My surpise is over the fact they seemed
    better and now it is worse. Again, I whine. Just slap me hard.

    Michael

    --
    Too much fun! Click the card link and print 'em out.

    http://shorterlink.com/?87KN1V

    Send email to: michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  8. Michael \'Dog3\ said:

    Goomba38 <[email hidden]> dropped this
    news:[email hidden]: in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:


    You did go to a burn center for care at the time of the accident,
    didn't you? Anytime a person has burns on the face, over joints, the
    hands or the genitals (even if not extensive) they should be seen by a
    burn specialist.

    Yes, I am just musing over it all. I'm surprised with all the cooks around
    here there are not more burns. My surpise is over the fact they seemed
    better and now it is worse. Again, I whine. Just slap me hard.


    <slapping Michael> your pain might be part of the healing process.

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smiley face first

  9. Michael 'Dog3 said:

    Yes, I am just musing over it all. I'm surprised with all the cooks around
    here there are not more burns. My surpise is over the fact they seemed
    better and now it is worse. Again, I whine. Just slap me hard.

    I don't think I've ever burned myself cooking. I've tried to
    pick up hot cast iron pans sometimes, but I quickly nixed that
    idea before any damage was done.

    And maybe there was an exploding piece of bacon or sausage, but
    still, only momentary pain from that.

    It's probably the people that *don't* know how to cook that burn
    themselves.

    -sw

  10. Oh pshaw, on Sat 08 Dec 2007 08:59:30p, Sqwertz meant to say...

    Quoted message said:
    Michael 'Dog3 said:

    Yes, I am just musing over it all. I'm surprised with all the cooks
    around here there are not more burns. My surpise is over the fact they
    seemed better and now it is worse. Again, I whine. Just slap me hard.

    I don't think I've ever burned myself cooking. I've tried to
    pick up hot cast iron pans sometimes, but I quickly nixed that
    idea before any damage was done.

    And maybe there was an exploding piece of bacon or sausage, but
    still, only momentary pain from that.

    It's probably the people that *don't* know how to cook that burn
    themselves.

    -sw

    I have had a few very minor burns from accidently touching my arm against a
    hot oven rack, but nothing else.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Date: Saturday, December 8th,2007

    *******************************************
    Countdown 'til Christmas
    2wks 2hrs 45mins
    *******************************************
    God invented women because sheep can't
    cook.
    *******************************************

  11. Wayne Boatwright said:

    Oh pshaw, on Sat 08 Dec 2007 08:59:30p, Sqwertz meant to say...

    Quoted message said:
    Michael 'Dog3 said:

    Yes, I am just musing over it all. I'm surprised with all the cooks
    around here there are not more burns. My surpise is over the fact they
    seemed better and now it is worse. Again, I whine. Just slap me hard.

    I don't think I've ever burned myself cooking. I've tried to
    pick up hot cast iron pans sometimes, but I quickly nixed that
    idea before any damage was done.

    And maybe there was an exploding piece of bacon or sausage, but
    still, only momentary pain from that.

    It's probably the people that *don't* know how to cook that burn
    themselves.

    -sw

    I have had a few very minor burns from accidently touching my arm against a
    hot oven rack, but nothing else.

    I was overserved once and did grab a hot cast iron pan. I've never
    burnt or cut myself sober. But that eliminates most of the weekend.

    Lou

  12. Lou Decruss <[email hidden]> dropped this
    news:[email hidden]: in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    Oh pshaw, on Sat 08 Dec 2007 08:59:30p, Sqwertz meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 23:46:55 GMT, Michael "Dog3" wrote:

    > Yes, I am just musing over it all. I'm surprised with all the cooks
    > around here there are not more burns. My surpise is over the fact
    > they seemed better and now it is worse. Again, I whine. Just slap
    > me hard.

    I don't think I've ever burned myself cooking. I've tried to
    pick up hot cast iron pans sometimes, but I quickly nixed that
    idea before any damage was done.

    And maybe there was an exploding piece of bacon or sausage, but
    still, only momentary pain from that.

    It's probably the people that *don't* know how to cook that burn
    themselves.

    -sw

    I have had a few very minor burns from accidently touching my arm
    against a hot oven rack, but nothing else.

    I was overserved once and did grab a hot cast iron pan. I've never
    burnt or cut myself sober. But that eliminates most of the weekend.

    Lou

    Well puke. That takes out most of my day I'd love nothing more than to
    be hammered most of the day. I am unhappy with the Librium stuff. It is
    not a good match for me. I don't like it.

    Michael

    --
    Too much fun! Click the card link and print 'em out.

    http://shorterlink.com/?87KN1V

    Send email to: michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  13. Michael 'Dog3 said:

    Goomba38 <[email hidden]> dropped this
    news:[email hidden]: in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    You did go to a burn center for care at the time of the accident,
    didn't you? Anytime a person has burns on the face, over joints, the
    hands or the genitals (even if not extensive) they should be seen by a
    burn specialist.

    Yes, I am just musing over it all. I'm surprised with all the cooks around
    here there are not more burns. My surpise is over the fact they seemed
    better and now it is worse. Again, I whine. Just slap me hard.

    Michael

    Yeah, ya do whine a lot...<shrug> I still like you 🙂

    Perhaps there are more burns than people bother to talk about? Some may
    consider burns kinda mundane?

  14. Goomba38 <[email hidden]> dropped this
    news:[email hidden]: in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Michael 'Dog3 said:

    Goomba38 <[email hidden]> dropped this
    news:[email hidden]: in
    rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    You did go to a burn center for care at the time of the accident,
    didn't you? Anytime a person has burns on the face, over joints, the
    hands or the genitals (even if not extensive) they should be seen by
    a burn specialist.

    Yes, I am just musing over it all. I'm surprised with all the cooks
    around here there are not more burns. My surpise is over the fact
    they seemed better and now it is worse. Again, I whine. Just slap me
    hard.

    Michael

    Yeah, ya do whine a lot...<shrug> I still like you 🙂

    Perhaps there are more burns than people bother to talk about? Some
    may consider burns kinda mundane?

    Could be. I'm going to try to horseback ride this morning. I'm really
    wanting some sausage gravy with biscuits. I'm still not positive I can
    drive the car. I need to get my life back on track though. Looking at
    these strange burns is weird. It is like they are there but don't belong
    to you. What are you doing for breakfast?

    Michael

    --
    Too much fun! Click the card link and print 'em out.

    http://shorterlink.com/?87KN1V

    Send email to: michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  15. Oh pshaw, on Sun 09 Dec 2007 08:05:13a, Michael "Dog3" meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    Goomba38 <[email hidden]> dropped this
    news:[email hidden]: in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Michael 'Dog3 said:

    Goomba38 <[email hidden]> dropped this
    news:[email hidden]: in
    rec.food.cooking

    > You did go to a burn center for care at the time of the accident,
    > didn't you? Anytime a person has burns on the face, over joints, the
    > hands or the genitals (even if not extensive) they should be seen by
    > a burn specialist.

    Yes, I am just musing over it all. I'm surprised with all the cooks
    around here there are not more burns. My surpise is over the fact
    they seemed better and now it is worse. Again, I whine. Just slap me
    hard.

    Michael

    Yeah, ya do whine a lot...<shrug> I still like you 🙂

    Perhaps there are more burns than people bother to talk about? Some
    may consider burns kinda mundane?

    Could be. I'm going to try to horseback ride this morning. I'm really
    wanting some sausage gravy with biscuits. I'm still not positive I can
    drive the car. I need to get my life back on track though. Looking at
    these strange burns is weird. It is like they are there but don't belong
    to you. What are you doing for breakfast?

    Michael

    I just took fresh bran/cranberry muffins out of the oven, and have bacon
    baking now. I may just have that, along with some juice, or maybe I'll add
    a couple of eggs.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Date: December 9th,2007

    *******************************************
    Today is: Second Sunday of Advent
    Countdown 'til Christmas
    2wks 16hrs
    *******************************************
    A cat is a four footed allergen.
    *******************************************

  16. On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 15:58:29 -0500, "cybercat" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Goomba38" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    cybercat wrote:
    I got to like going all day not having to sneak off and smoke,

    Quoted message said:

    you know? So then I started leaving it on all day and all evening, having
    one cigarette before I went to bed. When that one cigarette made me
    lightheaded,

    combining the nicotine patch and smoking is a great recipe for an MI.

    Myocardial Infarction. I know. It says that ALLL OVER the package of the
    nicotine patch. Nevertheless, I survived. ( I never smoked while I actually
    had the patch on.) I said I did it, I did not say it was a good idea.

    Hope that clears it up for you. If not, please feel free to state the
    obvious again. Over and over.

    yeah, i bet you used to go swimming immediately after eating, too.
    wanton hussy.

    your pal,
    blake

  17. On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 15:58:29 -0500, "cybercat" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Goomba38" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    cybercat wrote:
    I got to like going all day not having to sneak off and smoke,

    Quoted message said:

    you know? So then I started leaving it on all day and all evening, having
    one cigarette before I went to bed. When that one cigarette made me
    lightheaded,

    combining the nicotine patch and smoking is a great recipe for an MI.

    Myocardial Infarction. I know. It says that ALLL OVER the package of the
    nicotine patch. Nevertheless, I survived. ( I never smoked while I actually
    had the patch on.) I said I did it, I did not say it was a good idea.

    Hope that clears it up for you. If not, please feel free to state the
    obvious again. Over and over.

    yeah, i bet you used to go swimming immediately after eating, too.
    wanton hussy.

    your pal,
    blake

  18. On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 09:16:37 -0500, Goomba38 <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Perhaps there are more burns than people bother to talk about? Some may
    consider burns kinda mundane?

    I certainly do. One day or even two of complaining is enough... kill
    file the thread, Michael, and suck it up. You panicked and touched a
    hot can, so what? The dumbest part was hanging on to it so long you
    burned yourself like that. Unless you've carpeted the garage
    (something I wouldn't put past you), you wouldn't have burned the
    place down if you'd dropped the flaming can on the concrete floor.
    Hopefully you've learned your lesson.

    Obviously you're the type of person who can't make a rational decision
    in what you perceive as an emergency situation, so maybe you'll at
    least keep a fire extinguisher near the butt can now.

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smiley face first

  19. On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 09:16:37 -0500, Goomba38 <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Perhaps there are more burns than people bother to talk about? Some may
    consider burns kinda mundane?

    I certainly do. One day or even two of complaining is enough... kill
    file the thread, Michael, and suck it up. You panicked and touched a
    hot can, so what? The dumbest part was hanging on to it so long you
    burned yourself like that. Unless you've carpeted the garage
    (something I wouldn't put past you), you wouldn't have burned the
    place down if you'd dropped the flaming can on the concrete floor.
    Hopefully you've learned your lesson.

    Obviously you're the type of person who can't make a rational decision
    in what you perceive as an emergency situation, so maybe you'll at
    least keep a fire extinguisher near the butt can now.

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smiley face first

  20. "blake murphy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 15:58:29 -0500, "cybercat" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Goomba38" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    cybercat wrote:
    I got to like going all day not having to sneak off and smoke,
    > you know? So then I started leaving it on all day and all evening,
    > having
    > one cigarette before I went to bed. When that one cigarette made me
    > lightheaded,

    combining the nicotine patch and smoking is a great recipe for an MI.

    Myocardial Infarction. I know. It says that ALLL OVER the package of the
    nicotine patch. Nevertheless, I survived. ( I never smoked while I
    actually
    had the patch on.) I said I did it, I did not say it was a good idea.

    Hope that clears it up for you. If not, please feel free to state the
    obvious again. Over and over.

    yeah, i bet you used to go swimming immediately after eating, too.
    wanton hussy.

    I just ran up the street with a pair of scissors, too. Mothers pulled their
    children off the street.

    Here's the cool thing: I have not smoked for seven years. Just the money
    I've saved alone makes that very cool.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.