General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

If I eat another egg for breakfast . . .

Started by Kaede Nakao · · Last activity · 66 posts · 2,101 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 March 2005
Last activity
6 March 2005
Original author
Kaede Nakao
Posts
66
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,101
Views / 30 days
7

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 66
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. There are some things which, after awhile, I cannot stand for
    breakfast. Even the smell or thought will make me nauseous. It has
    reached that point with eggs. In quiche for lunch, with a salad, that
    is different, but for morning, bleah, bleah, bleah!

    And ERP!

    Went to the Atkins website and found a great PDF file filled with
    lists of carb values for things. Ricotta cheese, cream, and some
    low-carb fruit for breakfast will be a very pleasant change. With
    spring here - or coming soon to a neighborhood near you - this will be
    a very pleasant change. And easy to make.

    What do you eat for breakfast besides eggs????
    Kaede

    176.5 / 171 / 115
    LC since 2/20/05
    http://knakao.blogspot.com/

  2. In article <[email hidden]>, Kaede Nakao <>

    Quoted message said:

    What do you eat for breakfast besides eggs????
    Kaede

    176.5 / 171 / 115
    LC since 2/20/05
    http://knakao.blogspot.com/

    Same stuff I eat for lunch and dinner. Usually leftovers from dinner.
    This morning I had a salad with sliced grilled chicken breast in it.

  3. <Kaede Nakao> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    There are some things which, after awhile, I cannot stand for
    breakfast. Even the smell or thought will make me nauseous. It has
    reached that point with eggs. In quiche for lunch, with a salad, that
    is different, but for morning, bleah, bleah, bleah!

    And ERP!

    Went to the Atkins website and found a great PDF file filled with
    lists of carb values for things. Ricotta cheese, cream, and some
    low-carb fruit for breakfast will be a very pleasant change. With
    spring here - or coming soon to a neighborhood near you - this will be
    a very pleasant change. And easy to make.

    What do you eat for breakfast besides eggs????
    Kaede

    176.5 / 171 / 115
    LC since 2/20/05
    http://knakao.blogspot.com/

    I like smoked salmon with cream cheese for breakfast sometimes

  4. I had a cousin whose favorite breakfast was frozen peas.
    Right out of the bag. From the freezer.

    Breakfast is about whatever gets your engine started in the
    morning.

    My own favorite these days is a can of Coca Cola Lite and a
    couple of jalapeno peppers.

    --
    Bob

    Kanyak's Doghouse
    http://www.kanyak.com

  5. "Opinicus" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I had a cousin whose favorite breakfast was frozen peas. Right out of the
    bag. From the freezer.


    was your cousin teething? when my kids were teething they liked frozen
    veggies - frozen :o)

    Quoted message said:

    Breakfast is about whatever gets your engine started in the morning.

    My own favorite these days is a can of Coca Cola Lite and a couple of
    jalapeno peppers.

    --
    Bob

    Kanyak's Doghouse
    http://www.kanyak.com

  6. "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I had a cousin whose favorite breakfast was frozen peas.
    Right out of the bag. From the freezer.

    Quoted message said:

    was your cousin teething? when my kids were teething they
    liked frozen veggies - frozen :o)

    I don't know if he was teething or not but he was in his
    late teens at the time.

    --
    Bob

    --
    Bob

    Kanyak's Doghouse
    http://www.kanyak.com

    Kanyak's Doghouse
    http://www.kanyak.com

  7. On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, it was written:

    Quoted message said:

    There are some things which, after awhile, I cannot stand for
    breakfast. Even the smell or thought will make me nauseous. It has
    reached that point with eggs. In quiche for lunch, with a salad, that
    is different, but for morning, bleah, bleah, bleah!

    And ERP!

    Went to the Atkins website and found a great PDF file filled with
    lists of carb values for things. Ricotta cheese, cream, and some
    low-carb fruit for breakfast will be a very pleasant change. With
    spring here - or coming soon to a neighborhood near you - this will be
    a very pleasant change. And easy to make.

    What do you eat for breakfast besides eggs????
    Kaede

    I hardly ever have eggs for breakfast, although I used to make crustless
    quiches that were nice for breakfast. What I do have most mornings is
    yogurt w/ a scoop of protein powder. If I'm running late, I'll grab a
    protein bar - the strive bars aren't too bad tasting and at 200 calories,
    that leaves me some room for a snack later in the day if I want.

    In the summer, sliced up strawberries or a peach w/ a couple of
    tablespoons of mascarpone is pretty heavenly, but I find there's a
    tendency towards portion creep there.

    Some days I've had cinnamon flavored pork rinds, or an apple w/ peanut
    butter.

    I'm more or less on maintenance and I don't find that I have to keep my
    carbs extremely low, so someone who has to stick to 20 grams a day might
    not have the same options.

    Really though, you can have anything that fits in your plan for breakfast;
    it doesn't have to be "breakfast food".

    Martha

    --
    Sig pending

  8. Luna <[email hidden]> wrote:

    <snip>

    hey, you're back on a mac. did you get a new machine?

  9. A smoked salmon and cheddar cheese omelet is the BOMB!!! YUM!!!
    Laureen 410/362

    nanner said:

    <Kaede Nakao> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    There are some things which, after awhile, I cannot stand for
    breakfast. Even the smell or thought will make me nauseous. It


    has

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    reached that point with eggs. In quiche for lunch, with a salad,


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is different, but for morning, bleah, bleah, bleah!

    And ERP!

    Went to the Atkins website and found a great PDF file filled with
    lists of carb values for things. Ricotta cheese, cream, and some
    low-carb fruit for breakfast will be a very pleasant change. With
    spring here - or coming soon to a neighborhood near you - this will


    be

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a very pleasant change. And easy to make.

    What do you eat for breakfast besides eggs????
    Kaede

    176.5 / 171 / 115
    LC since 2/20/05
    http://knakao.blogspot.com/

    I like smoked salmon with cream cheese for breakfast sometimes

  10. I have been eating dinner for breakfast, dinner for lunch and
    breakfast for dinner 2 LOL. Right now in my pureed stage I eat refried
    beans blended with taco seasoned meat for breakfast and cream of wheat
    for dinner LOL!! WHen I am on solid foods again I will low carb once
    again
    Laureen
    410/362
    GBS 1/31/05

    Perdu said:

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:28:29 -0800, Kaede Nakao <> Cried out loud...


    :

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    There are some things which, after awhile, I cannot stand for
    breakfast. Even the smell or thought will make me nauseous. It


    has

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    reached that point with eggs. In quiche for lunch, with a salad,


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is different, but for morning, bleah, bleah, bleah!

    And ERP!

    Went to the Atkins website and found a great PDF file filled with
    lists of carb values for things. Ricotta cheese, cream, and some
    low-carb fruit for breakfast will be a very pleasant change. With
    spring here - or coming soon to a neighborhood near you - this will


    be

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a very pleasant change. And easy to make.

    What do you eat for breakfast besides eggs????
    Kaede

    176.5 / 171 / 115
    LC since 2/20/05
    http://knakao.blogspot.com/

    I've been eating my Dinner for breakfast. My lunch for dinner and my
    breakfast for lunch. Kind of rotating.

    My 5 year old wanted Ice Cream for breakfast one Sunday morning


    recently,

    Quoted message said:

    and I told her, "People don't eat Ice Cream for breakfast. You must


    eat

    Quoted message said:

    healthy breakfast stuff." She agreed, and eating her cereal, asked


    "Daddy?

    Quoted message said:

    Who are they?"

    So, soup for breakfast should be OK. And Eggs for lunch just as


    good. And

    Quoted message said:

    so on and so on.

    ___
    Best Regards,

    Steve

    Tout est per·du fors l'hon·neur

  11. In article <[email hidden]>,

    (The Queen of Cans and Jars) said:

    Luna <[email hidden]> wrote:

    <snip>

    hey, you're back on a mac. did you get a new machine?

    Yes! Well, a new old one. My brother-in-law, who is a Mac doctor, gave
    it to me. Flat out just gave it to me to keep forever. I *had* just
    agreed to babysit their kids for free every other Sunday night, so I
    guess it kinda works out even.

  12. Kaede Nakao said:

    There are some things which, after awhile, I cannot stand for
    breakfast. Even the smell or thought will make me nauseous. It has
    reached that point with eggs. In quiche for lunch, with a salad, that
    is different, but for morning, bleah, bleah, bleah!

    And ERP!

    Went to the Atkins website and found a great PDF file filled with
    lists of carb values for things. Ricotta cheese, cream, and some
    low-carb fruit for breakfast will be a very pleasant change. With
    spring here - or coming soon to a neighborhood near you - this will be
    a very pleasant change. And easy to make.

    What do you eat for breakfast besides eggs????
    Kaede

    176.5 / 171 / 115
    LC since 2/20/05
    http://knakao.blogspot.com/


    At the risk of being told the following is not low-carb...here is what I
    do for breakfast:

    I purchased reduced carb versions of Special K, All Bran(7 grams per
    serving) and there are 2 varieties of Post lower carb cereals....I mix
    them together but any one is fine(All Bran is loaded with fiber). Then,
    I slice a couple of strawberries or melon, whichever is reasonably
    available and add low carb milk(hood) or, lately Lactaid. This is not
    for those in the initial sage(s) of Atkins, but later. I figure the bowl
    of cereal as above is less than 20--maybe up to 25 or even 30(Hood
    'milk' keeps it under 20). I eat this most every morning and find it
    works well(esp with the added fiber!). The different varieties of cereal
    help, but, however, they all have some kind of artifical sweetener.

    This type of breakfast certainly beats eggs every day...IMHO. As I
    mentioned, besides not being a true low carb, it tastes great. If you
    can afford the 20 grams go for it. With regular milk the number goes up.
    Sometimes I will skip the berries and eat a small apple(perish the
    thought!) after the cereal.

    It is definitely a lower of carbs than the regular cereal. Heck, even if
    you only deal with 5 or 10 more carbs during the day you still may
    make your number. The cereal has fat and protein too. Total brand also
    has a reduced carb version but I don't find it as enjoyable as the
    special K.

    Write back and I will give you more 'numbers' I have found to be
    helpful. I also find that the ketostix were important to me so that I
    could 'chart' the effect of the different food items I eat. I know
    people don't always believe in them, but they prove to be an accurate
    yardstick for me.

    Joe

  13. Martha Gallagher said:

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, it was written:

    Quoted message said:

    There are some things which, after awhile, I cannot stand for
    breakfast. Even the smell or thought will make me nauseous. It has
    reached that point with eggs. In quiche for lunch, with a salad, that
    is different, but for morning, bleah, bleah, bleah!

    And ERP!

    Went to the Atkins website and found a great PDF file filled with
    lists of carb values for things. Ricotta cheese, cream, and some
    low-carb fruit for breakfast will be a very pleasant change. With
    spring here - or coming soon to a neighborhood near you - this will be
    a very pleasant change. And easy to make.

    What do you eat for breakfast besides eggs????
    Kaede

    I hardly ever have eggs for breakfast, although I used to make crustless
    quiches that were nice for breakfast. What I do have most mornings is
    yogurt w/ a scoop of protein powder. If I'm running late, I'll grab a
    protein bar - the strive bars aren't too bad tasting and at 200 calories,
    that leaves me some room for a snack later in the day if I want.

    In the summer, sliced up strawberries or a peach w/ a couple of
    tablespoons of mascarpone is pretty heavenly, but I find there's a
    tendency towards portion creep there.

    Some days I've had cinnamon flavored pork rinds, or an apple w/ peanut
    butter.

    I'm more or less on maintenance and I don't find that I have to keep my
    carbs extremely low, so someone who has to stick to 20 grams a day might
    not have the same options.

    Really though, you can have anything that fits in your plan for breakfast;
    it doesn't have to be "breakfast food".

    Martha

    Hi Martha

    You last two sections above:
    " I'm more or less on maintenance and I don't find that I have to keep
    my carbs extremely low, so someone who has to stick to 20 grams a day
    might not have the same options.
    Really though, you can have anything that fits in your plan for
    breakfast; it doesn't have to be "breakfast food"."

    .............I could not agree more.

    Thank you very much for the posting.
    Joe

  14. <Kaede Nakao> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What do you eat for breakfast besides eggs????

    Normally I have omelets... and vary the filling... but that is eggs.

    So when I'm not having that, sometimes I will blend a fruit smoothie w/
    protein powder & low carb milk

    Or sometimes I will make that recipe for delicious blueberry soy muffins
    from Low Carb & Lovin it

    Or, I do have some pecan flax cereal that I like on occassion, especially
    when it is cold outside

    Or some fruit w/ cottage cheese

    Or leftovers from lunch or dinner that I just have to stick in the microwave
    and am good to go.

    --
    Spring
    LC since 1/1/04
    260/198/170

    "Before" & "current" pics at link below:
    http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sprgsnow/album?.tok=phX4sVBBuvxvs4Hs&.dir=/55b8&.src=ph

  15. Luna said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    (The Queen of Cans and Jars) said:

    Luna <[email hidden]> wrote:

    <snip>

    hey, you're back on a mac. did you get a new machine?

    Yes! Well, a new old one. My brother-in-law, who is a Mac doctor, gave
    it to me. Flat out just gave it to me to keep forever. I *had* just
    agreed to babysit their kids for free every other Sunday night, so I
    guess it kinda works out even.

    excellent!

  16. In article <[email hidden]>, Kaede Nakao <>
    says...

    Quoted message said:

    What do you eat for breakfast besides eggs????

    I make a hot cereal with flaxmeal, hazelnutmeal and protein powder. I
    then add either maple flavoring, cocoa powder or cinnamon, depending on
    my mood. I make up a big batch of about 21 servings and refrigerate it
    since flaxseeds can go rancid once they are ground. Flaxmeal can be
    slimy in cereal, which is why I add the protein powder. I also use salt
    and Butter Buds when I make the big batch. Each 1/3-cup (dry) serving
    has approximately 200 calories and 4-5 carbs. It's tasty, filling and
    it helps keep me "regular". When it's time to cook it, I heat up 1/4-
    1/3 cup of water in the microwave for 30 seconds, measure out 1/3 cup of
    cereal into a bowl, stir with a tiny whisk, add flavoring and butter and
    pop the bowl into the microwave for 1 minute. VERY easy and it only
    takes about 2 minutes, if that, to make (not counting the time it takes
    to make a big batch of it once every 3 weeks).

    I don't eat a lot of eggs, other than when the mood strikes me. In any
    case, it's good to get into the mindset of thinking about MEALS, as
    opposed to breakfast/lunch/dinner. Eat whatever you want at any time of
    day! Sometimes I have hot wings or turkey soup for "breakfast" instead
    of cereal.

    --
    Saffire
    205/144/125 - 5'1.5"
    Atkins since 6/14/03
    Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

  17. Thanks, everyone, for all these great ideas. I never thought about
    eating different meals at different times of the day, but I guess that
    is one area I could consider changing. But the fact is, I love cereal
    in the morning and meat at night. And if I need protein, I really
    prefer dairy products, such as milk or yogurt, in the earlier part of
    the day.Eating meat at breakfast - probably like eggs - just gets to
    me sometimes. Bacon is okay at breakfast, though, but then it is
    usually with eggs. And I am sick o' eggs!

    Keep up with the suggestions, though! I never realized what a fixed
    mind / habit I have with meals . . . quite funny, really.
    Kaede

    176.5 / 171 / 115
    LC since 2/20/05
    http://knakao.blogspot.com/

  18. Try eating nothing for breakfast. Maybe you'll lose some excess lard.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    <Kaede Nakao> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    There are some things which, after awhile, I cannot stand for
    breakfast. Even the smell or thought will make me nauseous. It has
    reached that point with eggs. In quiche for lunch, with a salad, that
    is different, but for morning, bleah, bleah, bleah!

    And ERP!

    Went to the Atkins website and found a great PDF file filled with
    lists of carb values for things. Ricotta cheese, cream, and some
    low-carb fruit for breakfast will be a very pleasant change. With
    spring here - or coming soon to a neighborhood near you - this will be
    a very pleasant change. And easy to make.

    What do you eat for breakfast besides eggs????
    Kaede

    176.5 / 171 / 115
    LC since 2/20/05
    http://knakao.blogspot.com/

  19. Breakfast cereals are not low carb.

    --
    Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "Papa Joe" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Kaede Nakao said:

    There are some things which, after awhile, I cannot stand for
    breakfast. Even the smell or thought will make me nauseous. It has
    reached that point with eggs. In quiche for lunch, with a salad, that
    is different, but for morning, bleah, bleah, bleah!

    And ERP!

    Went to the Atkins website and found a great PDF file filled with
    lists of carb values for things. Ricotta cheese, cream, and some
    low-carb fruit for breakfast will be a very pleasant change. With
    spring here - or coming soon to a neighborhood near you - this will be
    a very pleasant change. And easy to make.

    What do you eat for breakfast besides eggs????
    Kaede

    176.5 / 171 / 115
    LC since 2/20/05
    http://knakao.blogspot.com/


    At the risk of being told the following is not low-carb...here is what I
    do for breakfast:

    I purchased reduced carb versions of Special K, All Bran(7 grams per
    serving) and there are 2 varieties of Post lower carb cereals....I mix
    them together but any one is fine(All Bran is loaded with fiber). Then, I
    slice a couple of strawberries or melon, whichever is reasonably available
    and add low carb milk(hood) or, lately Lactaid. This is not for those in
    the initial sage(s) of Atkins, but later. I figure the bowl of cereal as
    above is less than 20--maybe up to 25 or even 30(Hood 'milk' keeps it
    under 20). I eat this most every morning and find it works well(esp with
    the added fiber!). The different varieties of cereal help, but, however,
    they all have some kind of artifical sweetener.

    This type of breakfast certainly beats eggs every day...IMHO. As I
    mentioned, besides not being a true low carb, it tastes great. If you can
    afford the 20 grams go for it. With regular milk the number goes up.
    Sometimes I will skip the berries and eat a small apple(perish the
    thought!) after the cereal.

    It is definitely a lower of carbs than the regular cereal. Heck, even if
    you only deal with 5 or 10 more carbs during the day you still may make
    your number. The cereal has fat and protein too. Total brand also has a
    reduced carb version but I don't find it as enjoyable as the special K.

    Write back and I will give you more 'numbers' I have found to be helpful.
    I also find that the ketostix were important to me so that I could 'chart'
    the effect of the different food items I eat. I know people don't always
    believe in them, but they prove to be an accurate yardstick for me.

    Joe

  20. The Queen of Cans and Jars said:
    Luna said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    (The Queen of Cans and Jars) said:

    Luna <[email hidden]> wrote:

    <snip>

    hey, you're back on a mac. did you get a new machine?

    Yes! Well, a new old one. My brother-in-law, who is a Mac doctor, gave
    it to me. Flat out just gave it to me to keep forever. I *had* just
    agreed to babysit their kids for free every other Sunday night, so I
    guess it kinda works out even.

    excellent!

    Instant karma's gonna getchyou.....

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.