im almost back

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by dorfman, May 8, 2006.

  1. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    I get my cast off today and in 3 days I can resume unicycling....it
    should be awesome...I will forever have to unicycle with an ancle brace
    but that shouldnt be to bad. I cant waid till I get this rank stank
    cast off its really starting to reak and its horrid.

    so you can take me off the injured reserve list
    becouse im back ....almost

    warren

    --
    dorfman

    I BROKE MY FIBULA!
    my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
    i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
    my myspace
    http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
    dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

  2. unisteez

    unisteez Guest

    awesome. i bet you are pretty excited.
    i know i would be.

    im going to see the aquabats and streetlight manifesto tonight.
    woot...that doesnt have anything to do with this thread, but i saw that
    you are also a cadet.

    --
    unisteez
    unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

  3. Ronnie

    Ronnie Guest

    Bravo, Warren! Being released from a cast is one of life's most joyful
    experiences! (Not unlike getting off your ship and going ashore after
    92 days at sea!) What kind of ankle brace will you be using? I'm in
    the market for one myself.

    --
    Ronnie
    Ronnie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11511

  4. Wheel Rider

    Wheel Rider Guest

    Keep in mind that your muscles under the cast are going to be very weak
    from not being used. It is going to take much more than three days to
    get back up to speed. Take things really easy for a couple weeks. You
    don't want to start tearing up muscles and ligaments.

    Be patient and don't hurt yourself further. Exercise those muscles
    carefully.

    Something else to look forward to is the flaking dead skin. Be prepared
    to shed a lot. :p

    Let us know when you get the cast off.

    --
    Wheel Rider

    A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
    blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
    Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656

  5. olwyn

    olwyn Guest

    Hi doffman, nice to see your almost back.
    Like Wheel rider says take the slow lane for a while. And don't
    scratch! cos it it'll itch like hell. :D

    --
    olwyn

    Why does life steam passed so fast when your enjoying yourself?
    olwyn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12162

  6. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    well it turns out that there making me wait 3 more weeks before i can
    uni again

    ronnie they gave me what is called an air cast....it a brace but i
    dunno how it would hold up 2 upds so i will prolly get another one when
    i start up again

    but yes it was pretty gross when they took it off

    but atleast i can take normal showers and swim now

    warren

    --
    dorfman

    I BROKE MY FIBULA!
    my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
    i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
    my myspace
    http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
    dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

  7. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    well it turns out that there making me wait 3 more weeks before i can
    uni again

    ronnie they gave me what is called an air cast....it a brace but i
    dunno how it would hold up 2 upds so i will prolly get another one when
    i start up again

    but yes it was pretty gross when they took it off

    but atleast i can take normal showers and swim now

    warren

    --
    dorfman

    I BROKE MY FIBULA!
    my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
    i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
    my myspace
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=20744042
    dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

  8. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

  9. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    I have an air cast, you can ride with one on, but its hard to put shin
    guards over them. I recommend not riding until you dont need the air
    brace, cause one slight twist or bad landing will not be good at all.

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave me
    alone about it!~*~

    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
    (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

  10. x1psh1x

    x1psh1x Guest

  11. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    unisteez wrote:
    > awesome. i bet you are pretty excited.
    > i know i would be.
    >

    > im going to see the aquabats and streetlight manifesto tonight.
    > woot...that doesnt have anything to do with this thread, but i saw that
    > you are also a cadet.

    i havent seen streetlight manifesto in concert yet but i saw the
    aquabats in there "teenage pagamas from space tour" (thats what i think
    it was) it had the aquabats, the epoxies and the phenomnauts it was a
    pretty awsome concert...

    x1psh1x wrote:
    > wait, i know this is random. but you like the aquabats? and you
    > unicycle. your going on my heros list

    huzaah im on a hero list....just to let you know my super hero name is
    huzaah-man

    I am the masked unicycling caped avenger of justice

    wobble wobble and away!

    warren

    --
    dorfman

    I BROKE MY FIBULA!
    my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
    i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
    my myspace
    http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
    dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

  12. x1psh1x

    x1psh1x Guest

  13. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

  14. x1psh1x

    x1psh1x Guest

  15. bigsamm

    bigsamm Guest

    Do you have an academy sports and outdoors store near you dorfman?

    I wore a airsplint for my last ankle injury, it was expensive at the
    pharmacy. Academy carries them for about 5 dollars, same product.

    Where on the bone did you fracture your fibula? Was it the result of
    repeated ankle injuries?

    I have hurt my anle several times and can reccomend the air splints, as
    they do a good job of limiting ankle movement side to side, yet still
    allow you to move your foot up and down.

    My best pointer is to pick up some boxing handwraps, and wrap one
    around the airsplint after you put it on, it adds a lot to what you can
    do without further injury. Good luck on the rehab.

    --
    bigsamm
    bigsamm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12058