I'm Back! and NSVs!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Amberle3, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Amberle3

    Amberle3 Guest

    Wow, is it great to be back and not rushing off somewhere!

    I briefly stepped on the scale this morning and it's up a little, I'm hoping it's because I didn't
    have nearly enough water on this trip. My official weigh-in day is Monday, so we'll see what
    happens then!

    I did a fairly good job of staying OP, at least for the actual meals. Days on the road were another
    story - DF is a habitual snacker and I'm afraid I have no resistance! Oh well, gummi bears can't be
    all that bad, can they? :) Lunches on the road were decent (and cheap) - we picked up a loaf of
    bread for the way there, and some bagels for the way back, and some 96% fat-free lunch meats and
    made sandwiches in the car.

    I discovered that my tastes are changing as I go further with this WOE. For instance I usually track
    down Krispy Kreme while in Las Vegas and have one, since they're good and we don't have them here.
    This time I couldn't even face the thought of it! At the Aladdin buffet (best in Vegas) I'd usually
    be heading off toward the fantastic dessert station to see what the offerings are, this time I
    thought the best offerings were the grilled asparagus and the hummus! Yum!

    Sometime over the next few days I'll be going through the pictures and putting the trip report
    online, I'll post the URL then for those that are interested.

    Oh, and 2 NSVs, both relating to the MIL:
    - When we arrived at MIL's house, the first thing she did was hug me and say how skinny I'm getting
    (bit of an exaggeration on her part, but it was the sentiment was appreciated!)
    - Our last night with the in-laws, MIL brought out a sweater set she had bought for herself. She
    wore it once but it was too large for her (it's an XL) and she thought that maybe I could wear it.
    It fits quite nicely. MIL is about a medium, so I don't know why she bought an XL - I'm assuming
    it was on sale. But the fact that she even considered that something she bought for herself would
    fit me is an NSV!

    Amberle3
    --
    Amberle3
    249/216/215-minigoal/150?

    - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm
    - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm
    - Spring into Action Exercise Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/sia.htm

    Tags:

  2. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Welcome back Amberle, we missed you!!

    Congrats on staying mostly on plan and especial congrats on your NSVs. Grilled asparagus sounds
    delish and MIL is warming up to you.

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

    Amberle3 wrote:
    > Wow, is it great to be back and not rushing off somewhere!
    >
    > I briefly stepped on the scale this morning and it's up a little, I'm hoping it's because I didn't
    > have nearly enough water on this trip. My official weigh-in day is Monday, so we'll see what
    > happens then!
    >
    > I did a fairly good job of staying OP, at least for the actual meals. Days on the road were
    > another story - DF is a habitual snacker and I'm afraid I have no resistance! Oh well, gummi bears
    > can't be all that bad, can they? :) Lunches on the road were decent (and cheap) - we picked up a
    > loaf of bread for the way there, and some bagels for the way back, and some 96% fat-free lunch
    > meats and made sandwiches in the car.
    >
    > I discovered that my tastes are changing as I go further with this WOE. For instance I usually
    > track down Krispy Kreme while in Las Vegas and have one, since they're good and we don't have them
    > here. This time I couldn't even face the thought of it! At the Aladdin buffet (best in Vegas) I'd
    > usually be heading off toward the fantastic dessert station to see what the offerings are, this
    > time I thought the best offerings were the grilled asparagus and the hummus! Yum!
    >
    > Sometime over the next few days I'll be going through the pictures and putting the trip report
    > online, I'll post the URL then for those that are interested.
    >
    > Oh, and 2 NSVs, both relating to the MIL:
    > - When we arrived at MIL's house, the first thing she did was hug me and say how skinny I'm
    > getting (bit of an exaggeration on her part, but it was the sentiment was appreciated!)
    > - Our last night with the in-laws, MIL brought out a sweater set she had bought for herself. She
    > wore it once but it was too large for her (it's an XL) and she thought that maybe I could wear
    > it. It fits quite nicely. MIL is about a medium, so I don't know why she bought an XL - I'm
    > assuming it was on sale. But the fact that she even considered that something she bought for
    > herself would fit me is an NSV!
    >
    > Amberle3
    > --
    > Amberle3
    > 249/216/215-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me 3/30/03
    >
    > - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm
    > - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    > http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm
    > - Spring into Action Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/sia.htm

  3. Both are fabulous, Lee
    Amberle3 <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Wow, is it great to be back and not rushing off somewhere!
    >
    > I briefly stepped on the scale this morning and it's up a little, I'm hoping it's because I didn't
    > have nearly enough water on this trip. My official weigh-in day is Monday, so we'll see what
    > happens then!
    >
    > I did a fairly good job of staying OP, at least for the actual meals. Days on the road were
    > another story - DF is a habitual snacker and I'm afraid I have no resistance! Oh well, gummi bears
    > can't be all that bad, can they? :) Lunches on the road were decent (and cheap) - we picked up a
    > loaf of bread for the way there, and some bagels for the way back, and some 96% fat-free lunch
    > meats and made sandwiches in the car.
    >
    > I discovered that my tastes are changing as I go further with this WOE. For instance I usually
    > track down Krispy Kreme while in Las Vegas and have one, since they're good and we don't have them
    > here. This time I couldn't even face the thought of it! At the Aladdin buffet (best in Vegas) I'd
    > usually be heading off toward the fantastic dessert station to see what the offerings are, this
    > time I thought the best offerings were the grilled asparagus and the hummus! Yum!
    >
    > Sometime over the next few days I'll be going through the pictures and putting the trip report
    > online, I'll post the URL then for those that are interested.
    >
    > Oh, and 2 NSVs, both relating to the MIL:
    > - When we arrived at MIL's house, the first thing she did was hug me and say how skinny I'm
    > getting (bit of an exaggeration on her part, but it was the sentiment was appreciated!)
    > - Our last night with the in-laws, MIL brought out a sweater set she had bought for herself. She
    > wore it once but it was too large for her (it's an XL) and she thought that maybe I could wear
    > it. It fits quite nicely. MIL is about a medium, so I don't know why she bought an XL - I'm
    > assuming it was on sale. But the fact that she even considered that something she bought for
    > herself would fit me is an NSV!
    >
    > Amberle3
    > --
    > Amberle3
    > 249/216/215-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me 3/30/03
    >
    > - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm
    > - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    > http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm
    > - Spring into Action Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/sia.htm

  4. Great report. I love the MIL NSVs. You showed her!

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:31:09 GMT, Amberle3 <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Wow, is it great to be back and not rushing off somewhere!
    >
    >I briefly stepped on the scale this morning and it's up a little, I'm hoping it's because I didn't
    >have nearly enough water on this trip. My official weigh-in day is Monday, so we'll see what
    >happens then!
    >
    >I did a fairly good job of staying OP, at least for the actual meals. Days on the road were another
    >story - DF is a habitual snacker and I'm afraid I have no resistance! Oh well, gummi bears can't be
    >all that bad, can they? :) Lunches on the road were decent (and cheap) - we picked up a loaf of
    >bread for the way there, and some bagels for the way back, and some 96% fat-free lunch meats and
    >made sandwiches in the car.
    >
    >I discovered that my tastes are changing as I go further with this WOE. For instance I usually
    >track down Krispy Kreme while in Las Vegas and have one, since they're good and we don't have them
    >here. This time I couldn't even face the thought of it! At the Aladdin buffet (best in Vegas) I'd
    >usually be heading off toward the fantastic dessert station to see what the offerings are, this
    >time I thought the best offerings were the grilled asparagus and the hummus! Yum!
    >
    >Sometime over the next few days I'll be going through the pictures and putting the trip report
    >online, I'll post the URL then for those that are interested.
    >
    >Oh, and 2 NSVs, both relating to the MIL:
    >- When we arrived at MIL's house, the first thing she did was hug me and say how skinny I'm getting
    > (bit of an exaggeration on her part, but it was the sentiment was appreciated!)
    >- Our last night with the in-laws, MIL brought out a sweater set she had bought for herself. She
    > wore it once but it was too large for her (it's an XL) and she thought that maybe I could wear
    > it. It fits quite nicely. MIL is about a medium, so I don't know why she bought an XL - I'm
    > assuming it was on sale. But the fact that she even considered that something she bought for
    > herself would fit me is an NSV!
    >
    >Amberle3

    Prairie Roots
    232/161/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  5. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Those are some pretty impressing NSV's. Congratulations!

    Julie "Amberle3" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Wow, is it great to be back and not rushing off somewhere!
    >
    > I briefly stepped on the scale this morning and it's up a little, I'm hoping it's because I didn't
    > have nearly enough water on this trip. My official weigh-in day is Monday, so we'll see what
    > happens then!
    >
    > I did a fairly good job of staying OP, at least for the actual meals. Days on the road were
    > another story - DF is a habitual snacker and I'm afraid I have no resistance! Oh well, gummi bears
    > can't be all that bad, can they? :) Lunches on the road were decent (and cheap) - we picked up a
    > loaf of bread for the way there, and some bagels for the way back, and some 96% fat-free lunch
    > meats and made sandwiches in the car.
    >
    > I discovered that my tastes are changing as I go further with this WOE. For instance I usually
    > track down Krispy Kreme while in Las Vegas and have one, since they're good and we don't have them
    > here. This time I couldn't even face the thought of it! At the Aladdin buffet (best in Vegas) I'd
    > usually be heading off toward the fantastic dessert station to see what the offerings are, this
    > time I thought the best offerings were the grilled asparagus and the hummus! Yum!
    >
    > Sometime over the next few days I'll be going through the pictures and putting the trip report
    > online, I'll post the URL then for those that are interested.
    >
    > Oh, and 2 NSVs, both relating to the MIL:
    > - When we arrived at MIL's house, the first thing she did was hug me and say how skinny I'm
    > getting (bit of an exaggeration on her part, but it was the sentiment was appreciated!)
    > - Our last night with the in-laws, MIL brought out a sweater set she had bought for herself. She
    > wore it once but it was too large for her (it's an XL) and she thought that maybe I could wear
    > it. It fits quite nicely. MIL is about a medium, so I don't know why she bought an XL - I'm
    > assuming it was on sale. But the fact that she even considered that something she bought for
    > herself would fit me is an NSV!
    >
    > Amberle3
    > --
    > Amberle3
    > 249/216/215-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me 3/30/03
    >
    > - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm
    > - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    > http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm
    > - Spring into Action Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/sia.htm

  6. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Welcome back, Amberle, and GREAT NSVs!!!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172