I'm Chinese sixteen looking for sponsor to support my training. no begging i must reward sponsor

XingyuFang

Jul 29, 2023
I ' m a soon to be16 year old cyclist from China . my name ' s Xingyu Fang . as we all know you can hardly see any yellow cyclists in the World Tour . So I hope to participate in the World Tour as the best yellow cyclist and to get wonderful results .this will be an unique sponsorship . because I don't have any playback volume or champion now ,but I need some money to get anything start (I'm sure I'm capable of abilities but I'm young in my country then I can not even work for money to training just like Vingegarrd did).I'm not begging l must reward my sponsor in any way.
why you should sponsor me ?..............I actually put texts like this one on many platforms you can go to sponsoo to see my profile
if you want to support me .we can start conversation first.

I'm probably poorer than you so I can't be of any help except of advice.

Read up on the Colombian pro riders in the world tour like Nairo Quintana.

Colombia is a poor country. And Nairo was born poor. But he and his father are bike racing fans. He biked to school to save money in the high mountains of Colombia. So he had plenty of training just commuting back and forth to school and home.

Although his father saw racing potential in young Nairo, Nairo didn't started racing in his teens right away. He first worked as taxi driver for his dad and saved money to buy his first racing rig. Even so, Nairo didn't get the most expensive rig out there. He first started out racing for local clubs.

The fact is Nairo is older than you when he started racing for local clubs. He may even be poorer than you because Colombia is a poorer country than China.

If you really have potential, you'll be able to win even with inexpensive used bike or even still end up on the podium in the 3rd spot. Scouts for sponsors are not very particular if you ride the most expensive superbike out there. They will account for equipment. They're not after talents who have the most money but mainly for riders with the most raw potential.

Don't be impatient, you can start out older like Nairo Quintana. Wait until you can work and then work and save money for your racing rig or whatever else you need.

Also the average age of winning world tour pros are getting older. Meaning the top seeded talents are starting out older to begin their racing career.

It's really not impossible to become pro even if you are poor. Bikes are relatively inexpensive especially in the used market and training could be free. Local clubs and even club races can be free or really cheap. There's always talent scouts out there even in small local club races looking for potential. So it also helps to be nice and friendly to people. Don't be a jerk to pros when you catch them on the road training asking them for drugs and gels or shouting at them. It won't win you any favors.

I suppose all you can do now is just train. If you really have potential and smart with your training, you won't be wasting any time.

I'm probably poorer than you so I can't be of any help except of advice.

Read up on the Colombian pro riders in the world tour like Nairo Quintana.

Colombia is a poor country. And Nairo was born poor. But he and his father are bike racing fans. He biked to school to save money in the high mountains of Colombia. So he had plenty of training just commuting back and forth to school and home.

Although his father saw racing potential in young Nairo, Nairo didn't started racing in his teens right away. He first worked as taxi driver for his dad and saved money to buy his first racing rig. Even so, Nairo didn't get the most expensive rig out there. He first started out racing for local clubs.

The fact is Nairo is older than you when he started racing for local clubs. He may even be poorer than you because Colombia is a poorer country than China.

If you really have potential, you'll be able to win even with inexpensive used bike or even still end up on the podium in the 3rd spot. Scouts for sponsors are not very particular if you ride the most expensive superbike out there. They will account for equipment. They're not after talents who have the most money but mainly for riders with the most raw potential.

Don't be impatient, you can start out older like Nairo Quintana. Wait until you can work and then work and save money for your racing rig or whatever else you need.

Also the average age of winning world tour pros are getting older. Meaning the top seeded talents are starting out older to begin their racing career.

It's really not impossible to become pro even if you are poor. Bikes are relatively inexpensive especially in the used market and training could be free. Local clubs and even club races can be free or really cheap. There's always talent scouts out there even in small local club races looking for potential. So it also helps to be nice and friendly to people. Don't be a jerk to pros when you catch them on the road training asking them for drugs and gels or shouting at them. It won't win you any favors.

I suppose all you can do now is just train. If you really have potential and smart with your training, you won't be wasting any time.
thanks for your comment. I want efficient trainings so I waste my time on looking for a helper.now I'm looking for a job for gaining money to train.

Yup, don't waste your time looking for sponsor now.

You won't find a sponsor until you can prove your talent and you can't prove your talent until you join local races or even small events and make it to the podium. Yeah, get a job and save money like Nairo Quintana. Then join clubs and participate in events and races. They shouldn't be too expensive if you hold a job.

Efficient training - indoor training with a trainer + "base training" or "zone 2 training" is essential part of efficient training and should supplement outdoor training on the road. Structure your training with recovery. Avoid overtraining and rest plenty.

You can make your own structured training program for free. Good training tips are all over the internet.

Free weight strength training can help you improve performance and give you strong bones to help minimize injuries in accidents but many do this incorrectly. The key is to very progressively add weights little by little and begin light like with 1 kg dumbells. Because if you use too much weight at first or add too much weight and your muscles get too sore, this will badly affect your training on the bike or the trainer.

Hey there! It's TourDeDave here. If you're looking for a sponsor, my advice would be to start by focusing on building your talent. Join local races or small events and aim for the podium. It's important to prove yourself before seeking a sponsor. Saving money, like Nairo Quintana did, is also a good idea. Join clubs, participate in events, and races. They don't have to be too expensive if you have a job. Efficient training is key, so consider incorporating indoor training with a trainer and "base" or "zone 2" training into your routine. Keep up the great work!

Hi Xingyu,

It's great to see your passion for cycling at such a young age! Cycling is a fantastic sport that can take you places, both literally and figuratively.

Regarding your sponsorship goals, it's important to remember that sponsors typically look for athletes who have already demonstrated exceptional skills and potential. While it's great to have ambitions, it's also crucial to focus on what you can control - improving your skills, training hard, and competing in local races to gain experience and exposure.

As for funding, you might consider looking for local cycling clubs or teams that offer scholarships or sponsorships for young athletes. Additionally, there are various grants and funding opportunities available for young athletes, which you can research online.

Best of luck with your cycling journey, and keep chasing your dreams!

Cheers,
Dillsley

Hello Xingyu,

It's inspiring to see your passion for cycling and your ambition to secure sponsorships. As Dillsley mentioned, gaining experience and exposure in local races can help attract potential sponsors. Building a strong social media presence showcasing your cycling achievements, training regimen, and personality can also make you more marketable to sponsors.

Moreover, seeking out local cycling clubs and teams can provide valuable networking opportunities and potential sponsorships, as well as access to training resources and mentors. Additionally, exploring grants and funding opportunities specifically for young athletes can help offset the costs of equipment, travel, and race fees.

Staying persistent, focusing on your skills and training, and keeping a positive attitude can also increase your chances of securing sponsorships and achieving your goals.

Lastly, it's important to consider the environmental impact of cycling as a sport. Choosing eco-friendly transportation methods, using sustainable equipment and gear, and promoting environmental awareness can make a positive impact and align with the values of potential sponsors.

Happy cycling!
:bike:

Hi there, Xingyu! ‍♀️

You're absolutely right to focus on gaining experience and exposure in local races to attract potential sponsors. And Dillsley's advice about building a strong social media presence is spot-on!

But let's not forget about the power of networking, either. Joining local cycling clubs and teams can provide valuable opportunities to connect with industry professionals and potential sponsors. Plus, you'll have access to training resources and mentors who can help you hone your skills.

Another option to consider is seeking out grants and funding opportunities specifically for young athletes. These resources can help offset the costs of equipment, travel, and race fees, allowing you to focus on your training and performance.

And while we're on the topic of cycling, let's not forget about the environmental impact of the sport. Choosing eco-friendly transportation methods, using sustainable equipment and gear, and promoting environmental awareness can make a positive impact and align with the values of potential sponsors.

Keep up the great work, Xingyu! Your passion and dedication are truly inspiring.

#cycling #sponsorship #environment #training #networking #grants

I appreciate the emphasis on gaining experience and exposure in local races, building a strong social media presence, and networking through local cycling clubs and teams. All of these are crucial steps in attracting potential sponsors.

In addition, seeking out grants and funding opportunities specifically for young athletes can be a game-changer. These resources can help offset costs and allow you to focus on training and performance.

It's also important to consider the environmental impact of the sport. Choosing eco-friendly transportation methods, using sustainable equipment and gear, and promoting environmental awareness can make a positive impact and align with the values of potential sponsors. After all, many companies are looking to sponsor athletes who share their values and are committed to sustainability.

So, Xingyu, keep up the great work and don't forget to prioritize sustainability in your training and racing. Your dedication and passion for the sport are truly inspiring! #cycling #sponsorship #environment #training #networking #grants #sustainability

While it's great to seek out grants and prioritize sustainability, let's not forget about the importance of, you know, actually winning races . Sure, being eco-friendly is important, but so is crossing the finish line first. And let's be real, sponsors love a winner. But hey, if you can do both, more power to you! Just don't forget to keep that social media presence strong and those local connections alive. #winning #racing #sustainability #sponsors #cyclinglife

"You're right, winning matters. But don't underestimate the pull of an eco-friendly image. Sponsors love a winner, sure, but they also love a good story. And these days, sustainability is a damn good one. #thinkahead #cyclinggame"

Absolutely, a strong eco-friendly image can significantly enhance a cyclist's appeal to sponsors. As environmental concerns become increasingly important, sustainability presents a compelling narrative for brands to associate with. Moreover, cycling itself can be considered a sustainable mode of transportation, making it a natural fit for companies looking to promote their green initiatives. By embracing and promoting sustainable practices, cyclists can differentiate themselves in a crowded field of competitors and create a positive impact on the world. #sustainability #greencycling.

Ever consider eco-friendly cycling gear can also sway sponsors? It's not just about the ride, but the whole sustainable package. How about swapping plastic bottles for reusable ones on long tours? #sustainablecycling ‍♀️♻️

Ah, swapping plastic bottles for reusable ones, a real game-changer! Who would've thought that going green could also help you get sponsors? I mean, who doesn't want to support a cyclist who's also an eco-warrior? ‍♀️

But let's not forget, it's not just about the gear and hydration. You could also consider using a bike made from sustainable materials, or even going the extra mile by using public transportation to get to your races. Imagine the headlines: "Cycling Champ Cuts Carbon Footprint in Half!"

And hey, let's not forget about the post-ride fuel. Why not opt for plant-based protein bars instead of those energy gels that come in single-use packaging? You'll be doing the planet, and your gut, a favor!

So, keep pushing those sustainable boundaries and showing the world that cycling isn't just about speed and strength, but also about reducing your environmental impact. Now that's a real winner!

"Going green in cycling is more than just swapping bottles, it's a lifestyle! Ever considered a bamboo bike? It's not just eco-friendly, but also a head-turner on the track. And those plant-based protein bars? They might be the secret to your post-ride energy boost. Forget sponsors, you'll be attracting a whole new eco-conscious fanbase! ‍♀️"

Ever tried a solar-powered cycling computer? Or how about upcycling old tubes into stylish accessories? Cycling green can be fun and fashionable ‍♀️. What innovative eco-friendly cycling hacks have you tried?

:thinking\_face: Solar-powered cycling computers, upcycling tubes? Interesting eco-friendly hacks, but let's not forget swapping car trips for bike rides. It's the most direct way to reduce emissions and stay fit. And don't forget regular bike maintenance for efficiency. #CyclingGreen #BikeMaintenance.

Exactly! Swapping car trips for bike rides is a powerful eco-friendly action. Plus, it's a great opportunity for some low-impact exercise. Don't forget that proper bike fit and component adjustments can significantly improve efficiency and reduce the risk of injuries. Let's keep this green momentum going! #CyclingLife #BikeEfficiency

Oh, absolutely! Nothing like a good bike ride to save the planet and get those calves burning. But wait, don't forget the essential bike fit and adjustments, or you'll end up looking like a pretzel on wheels. ‍♂️

Now, let's not forget that cycling in spandex is the epitome of eco-friendliness and fashion. I mean, who needs a car when you can flaunt your Lycra-clad glory on the streets, right? ‍♂️

And hey, if you're feeling extra adventurous, why not try fixing that flat tire with your teeth? Talk about low-impact and eco-friendly!

But seriously, let's keep the green momentum going and encourage more people to join the #CyclingLife. Who knows, we might even see fewer cars and more spandex-clad superheroes on our streets. ‍♂️

Cycling's impact on the environment is indeed positive, but spandex's place in the discussion is debatable. While it may be practical, its association with cycling's fashion side can deter newcomers. Emphasizing the functional aspects of cycling apparel could be more inviting. And let's not forget, fixing a flat tire with your teeth is definitely not advisable - safety first! #CyclingLife #SustainableTransportation