I'm riding again

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Skippii, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. Skippii

    Skippii Guest

    after four weeks of not touching my uni since spraining my ankle, I've
    realized that as long as I don't fall off, riding probably stretches my
    ankle less than walking.
    So, I'm riding again tonight.
    But I'm being strict about what I do: No hopping, no stairs, no drops,
    no big bumps, nothing that causes any pain, and no falling off.
    So far, so good.

    --
    Skippii - Bassist
    Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

  2. caw89

    caw89 Guest

    Skippii wrote:
    > *after four weeks of not touching my uni since spraining my ankle,
    > I've realized that as long as I don't fall off, riding probably
    > stretches my ankle less than walking.
    > So, I'm riding again tonight.
    > But I'm being strict about what I do: No hopping, no stairs, no drops,
    > no big bumps, nothing that causes any pain, and no falling off.
    > So far, so good. *

    i tried that one once... you ether f*ck up doin something simple you
    would never f*ck up on, or you get to carried away. Dont get carried
    away and just try your hardest not to fall.

    --
    caw89 - Level 5, but muni more

    Don't run, you'll just die tired.
    Bojigada!
    caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

  3. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    When I hurt my ankle in XC, I still rode my unicycle, but I didn't do
    anything. I just rode it. I think that actually helped some, because I
    wasn't walking everywhere which stresses it even more.

    --
    James_Potter - Nil Desperandum

  4. caw89

    caw89 Guest

    James_Potter wrote:
    > *When I hurt my ankle in XC, I still rode my unicycle, but I didn't do
    > anything. I just rode it. I think that actually helped some, because I
    > wasn't walking everywhere which stresses it even more. *

    that works as long as you dont be like Travis Pastrana and get carried
    away. He'll be winning the race get carried away and over clears a
    jump...bam out of the race he would have won