Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Injury Photos

Started by Denny418 · · Last activity · 9 posts · 2,764 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
8 August 2009
Last activity
14 August 2009
Original author
Denny418
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,764
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Several of us have posted photos showing us kicking ass out on the roads. Now how about some photos of us after having gotten our ass kicked out on the road.

    Here's my contribution. It was taken the day after I was doing an interval at about 24 mph, head down, rear-ended a car that stopped for no good reason in front of me, and I flew over the car and landed in the road. Judging by my helmet and face, I was lucky that my head absorbed most of the blow, thereby saving more vital areas. I broke no bones, lost no teeth. My jaw was sore for about six months, though.

  2. Here are pics taken the day of an unplanned get-off. First pic is before, while the second is after fix. During my time in the hospital, I added IV Darvon to my list of most favorite narcotic analgesics, displacing IV Morphine, which had been numero uno.

  3. Damn! Those are two very graphic photos of what can go wrong...
    Thankfully I never worry about crashing before getting on the bike before a race or ride because if I did, I'd definitely chicken out...

  4. ..........

  5. ::dom:: said:

    ..........

    That's not an injury - that's a Rorschach test. (Yes, I see a lobster throwing up.)

  6. Wow, those are some scarey looking injuries! :eek:

    I'm going to be very careful when I go for my ride today.

  7. Denny418 said:

    That's not an injury - that's a Rorschach test. (Yes, I see a lobster throwing up.)


    Hmmmm.... interesting....

  8. ouch! the human body has amazing powers of recovery,how are you getting on?

    www.sub7bikes.co.uk

    alienator said:

    Here are pics taken the day of an unplanned get-off. First pic is before, while the second is after fix. During my time in the hospital, I added IV Darvon to my list of most favorite narcotic analgesics, displacing IV Morphine, which had been numero uno.

  9. sub7bikes.co.uk said:

    ouch! the human body has amazing powers of recovery,how are you getting on?

    www.sub7bikes.co.uk

    Oh I get on just fine. That accident was just a minor thing compared to others I've had.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.