Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Integrated BB and Campy...

Started by wilmar13 · · Last activity · 23 posts · 3,396 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
12 February 2005
Last activity
16 February 2005
Original author
wilmar13
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,396
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–23 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. That's funny, it was $38 a day ago when I posted that. Anyway, 105's can be had for around $30 and there's virtually no difference. I looked at the exploded diagram for the 6600/7800 outboard BB (now on shimano.com), and there's no replacement part it seems so I guess one's going to need to replace the whole thing. Surely any replacement parts would be more expensive than buying a new unit from a large retailer, much like buying a hub and robbing its freehub instead of buying a Shimano freehub from the quality catalog.

    tas1978 said:

    performancebike.comsub cat.cfm
    Ultegra bottom brackets at this site are $10 more than outboard bearings at the same location. I guess $10 isn't really that significant--I'm sure that you could

  2. Having never tried a bike with an integrated bb I can't comment directly. But I think there is an issue which makes this a moot dicussion. You crankset is only as stiff as the bb shell of you frame.

  3. SDL said:

    Having never tried a bike with an integrated bb I can't comment directly. But I think there is an issue which makes this a moot dicussion. You crankset is only as stiff as the bb shell of you frame.


    That only makes it a moot point if the frame BB shell is < BB+crank

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.