integrated headset

Matthew Paterso

Guest
Has anyone built up a bike where an integrated headset is
required. Just got my AC2 frame, and my brand new FSA Pig
headset wont fit. So what integrated headsets are available.
I have seen a Cane Creek one, but thats about it.

Thanks

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

"Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Has anyone built up a bike where an integrated headset
> is required. Just got my AC2 frame, and my brand new
> FSA Pig headset wont fit. So what integrated headsets
> are available. I have seen a Cane Creek one, but thats
> about it.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Matt
>
> Fear of a flat planet

I believe it's call an internal headset. It's not considered
integrated although it does say so on the specs about the
AC's. I have the AC1 and my Lbs owner has corrected me on
this matter. Now thats what he has told me. So correct me if
I'm wrong. As far as integrated headsets go, Kris King also
has one. They also have a nice write up on the integrated
headset. Be warned. It's not gonna make you happy. Xtc

"Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Has anyone built up a bike where an integrated headset
> is required. Just got my AC2 frame, and my brand new
> FSA Pig headset wont fit. So what integrated headsets
> are available. I have seen a Cane Creek one, but thats
> about it.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Matt
>
> Fear of a flat planet

Ditto, I think it's an internal headset for the AC2. Any my
Jamis has an intergrated cane creek headset. Absolutely no
problems with it so far.

Matthew Paterson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Has anyone built up a bike where an integrated headset
> is required. Just got my AC2 frame, and my brand new
> FSA Pig headset wont fit. So what integrated headsets
> are available. I have seen a Cane Creek one, but thats
> about it.

Is it actually integrated or internal? Giant has called
their internal headsets "integrated" in the past. They use
an internal bearing cup where as a true integrated headset
uses no bearing cup.

See:

<http://www.chrisking.com/tech/int_headsets_explained/int_h-
ds_frames.html>

The frame showing the "internal" is a Giant.

FSA makes an internal headset.

> Is it actually integrated or internal? Giant has called
> their internal headsets "integrated" in the past. They use
> an internal bearing cup where as a true integrated headset
> uses no bearing cup.

It is internal, not integrated. I changed my cups out when I
got my AC1.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> > Is it actually integrated or internal? Giant has called
> > their internal headsets "integrated" in the past. They
> > use an internal bearing cup where as a true integrated
> > headset uses no bearing cup.
>
> It is internal, not integrated. I changed my cups out when
> I got my AC1.

I have not tried to fit a new headset on a Giant yet but I
have noticed that the cups are removable on the NRS bikes
that I have taken apart, but they are recessed into a pocket
on the tube so that the inside flange is flush with the rest
of the steerer tube, so it's probably a little harder to
remove with a conventional cup removal tool. I would assume
that the ID of the tube is the same as a regular headset but
you would have to find one that is no so long that it
bottoms out before being fully installed.
--
Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-