Our very small dinner club had Korea as its country last night. I was
assigned dessert and I found my choices consistently, through Google,
were either fried little rice/sweet rice cake-y things or Baesook/
Cooked Asian Pear with Peppercorn, so I made that. It was really good.
Our COSTCO had Asian Pears this week- 8 for about $7 so I was stoked.
Easy Recipe:
2 Asian Pears, 20 Peppercorns, 2 tablespoons sugar and 4 cups H2O and
Pine Nuts.
Cut into quarters and core the pear. Stick 3 peppercorns along the
outside of each piece(it looked like buttons on a shirt.) Combine
H2O, sugar and pears in sauce pan, bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook
on low 5 minutes. (I was doing 7 pears in a large pot and this took
about 45 minutes to achieve.) Then skins were then loosened, so I
peeled them off and stuck the cooked pears in the icebox to get cold.
Toasted up some Pine nuts to sprinkle on top of the cold pears. Not
one was left. It was good.
aloha,
beans
roast beans to kona to email
farmers of Pure Kona