Interesting meatless "nachos"

Jmcquown

Guest
1 can golden hominy, drained and rinsed 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1 small can enchilada
sauce mix 1-2 Tbs. chili powder 8 oz. four-cheese Tex-mex blend shredded cheese
1/2 bag of low-salt baked corn chips

Place all ingredients except chips into a saucepan; heat through. Spoon over the top of the chips on
an oven-safe plate, a little or a lot, your choice. Heat about 10 minutes in a moderate oven (approx
275F). Now, if desired, top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and jalapenos, sour cream, guac.

Jill

> 1 can golden hominy, drained and rinsed 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1 small can
> enchilada sauce mix 1-2 Tbs. chili powder 8 oz. four-cheese Tex-mex blend shredded cheese
> 1/2 bag of low-salt baked corn chips

Or, you could take the shortcut and just vomit into a bowl and serve.

>From: "jmcquown"

>1 can golden hominy, drained and rinsed 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1 small can
>enchilada sauce mix 1-2 Tbs. chili powder 8 oz. four-cheese Tex-mex blend shredded cheese
>1/2 bag of low-salt baked corn chips
>
>Place all ingredients except chips into a saucepan; heat through. Spoon over the top of the chips
>on an oven-safe plate, a little or a lot, your choice. Heat about 10 minutes in a moderate oven
>(approx 275F). Now, if desired, top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and jalapenos, sour
>cream, guac.
>
>Jill

Sounds difficult to eat and not particularly appetizing.

Ellen

>Or, you could take the shortcut and just vomit into a bowl and serve.

that seems to be your speciality. Rosie

RMiller wrote:

> >Or, you could take the shortcut and just vomit into a bowl and serve.
> >

> that seems to be your speciality.

(laughing!!!) nancy

"SportKite1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >From: "jmcquown"
>
> >1 can golden hominy, drained and rinsed 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1 small can
> >enchilada sauce mix 1-2 Tbs. chili powder 8 oz. four-cheese Tex-mex blend shredded cheese
> >1/2 bag of low-salt baked corn chips
> >
> >Place all ingredients except chips into a saucepan; heat through. Spoon over the top of the chips
> >on an oven-safe plate, a little or a lot, your choice. Heat about 10 minutes in a moderate oven
> >(approx 275F). Now, if desired, top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and jalapenos, sour
> >cream, guac.
> >
> >Jill
>
> Sounds difficult to eat and not particularly appetizing.

Hence, my shortcut solution: vomit into a bowl and serve.

SportKite1 wrote:
>> From: "jmcquown"
>
>> 1 can golden hominy, drained and rinsed 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed

> Sounds difficult to eat and not particularly appetizing.
>
> Ellen

Most nachos *are* difficult to eat. Believe it or not, it was quite tasty.

On 03 Mar 2004 23:49:10 GMT, [email protected] (SportKite1) wrote:

>>From: "jmcquown"
>
>>1 can golden hominy, drained and rinsed 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
<snip>

>Sounds difficult to eat

Ah, but the cheese will sort of glue everything together so it doesn't fall off the chip, just as it
does in 'regular' nachos.