Interesting meatless "nachos"

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jmcquown, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    1 can golden hominy, drained and rinsed 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1 small can enchilada
    sauce mix 1-2 Tbs. chili powder 8 oz. four-cheese Tex-mex blend shredded cheese
    1/2 bag of low-salt baked corn chips

    Place all ingredients except chips into a saucepan; heat through. Spoon over the top of the chips on
    an oven-safe plate, a little or a lot, your choice. Heat about 10 minutes in a moderate oven (approx
    275F). Now, if desired, top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and jalapenos, sour cream, guac.

    Jill

    Tags:

  2. "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > 1 can golden hominy, drained and rinsed 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1 small can
    > enchilada sauce mix 1-2 Tbs. chili powder 8 oz. four-cheese Tex-mex blend shredded cheese
    > 1/2 bag of low-salt baked corn chips

    Or, you could take the shortcut and just vomit into a bowl and serve.

  3. Sportkite1

    Sportkite1 Guest

    >From: "jmcquown"

    >1 can golden hominy, drained and rinsed 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1 small can
    >enchilada sauce mix 1-2 Tbs. chili powder 8 oz. four-cheese Tex-mex blend shredded cheese
    >1/2 bag of low-salt baked corn chips
    >
    >Place all ingredients except chips into a saucepan; heat through. Spoon over the top of the chips
    >on an oven-safe plate, a little or a lot, your choice. Heat about 10 minutes in a moderate oven
    >(approx 275F). Now, if desired, top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and jalapenos, sour
    >cream, guac.
    >
    >Jill

    Sounds difficult to eat and not particularly appetizing.

    Ellen

  4. Rmiller

    Rmiller Guest

    >Or, you could take the shortcut and just vomit into a bowl and serve.

    that seems to be your speciality. Rosie

  5. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    RMiller wrote:

    > >Or, you could take the shortcut and just vomit into a bowl and serve.
    > >

    > that seems to be your speciality.

    (laughing!!!) nancy

  6. "SportKite1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >From: "jmcquown"
    >
    > >1 can golden hominy, drained and rinsed 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1 small can
    > >enchilada sauce mix 1-2 Tbs. chili powder 8 oz. four-cheese Tex-mex blend shredded cheese
    > >1/2 bag of low-salt baked corn chips
    > >
    > >Place all ingredients except chips into a saucepan; heat through. Spoon over the top of the chips
    > >on an oven-safe plate, a little or a lot, your choice. Heat about 10 minutes in a moderate oven
    > >(approx 275F). Now, if desired, top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and jalapenos, sour
    > >cream, guac.
    > >
    > >Jill
    >
    > Sounds difficult to eat and not particularly appetizing.

    Hence, my shortcut solution: vomit into a bowl and serve.

  7. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    SportKite1 wrote:
    >> From: "jmcquown"
    >
    >> 1 can golden hominy, drained and rinsed 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed

    > Sounds difficult to eat and not particularly appetizing.
    >
    > Ellen

    Most nachos *are* difficult to eat. Believe it or not, it was quite tasty.

  8. Frogleg

    Frogleg Guest

    On 03 Mar 2004 23:49:10 GMT, [email protected] (SportKite1) wrote:

    >>From: "jmcquown"
    >
    >>1 can golden hominy, drained and rinsed 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    <snip>

    >Sounds difficult to eat

    Ah, but the cheese will sort of glue everything together so it doesn't fall off the chip, just as it
    does in 'regular' nachos.