General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Irish Morn Rashers - YUM!!

Started by nanner · · Last activity · 11 posts · 403 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 May 2005
Last activity
22 May 2005
Original author
nanner
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
403
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just made some Irish bacon for the first time - it was sooooo good!!

    If i didn't burn up the pan I might've gone back and cooked up the rest of
    the pack!!

    much more meat than our streaky bacon :oP

  2. "Sherry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I just made some Irish bacon for the first time - it was sooooo good!!

    If i didn't burn up the pan I might've gone back and cooked up the rest
    of
    the pack!!

    much more meat than our streaky bacon :oP

    Haven't heard of that one! Is it like Canadian bacon? Or pancetta?
    or...?
    It sounds very good 🙂.

    I found a photo http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/irishbacon.jpg

    It is more like bacon than ham, it seems a little more fatty than real
    canadian bacon (which seems more ham-like to me)

    it was a bit too salty but I am sensitive to that lately - but it was very
    tasty! I do love american style smoked bacon too but this was meaty and just
    very flavorful.

    I wonder why we only have 1 style of bacon in the US - is it all the US? I
    am in the NorthEast and it's always been the streaky fatty bacon. Sometimes
    there'd canadian bacon...

    I think there are many varieties in other countries, anyone know?

    Quoted message said:


    --
    Sherry
    360/?/195
    LC since 4/4/05
    My LC Journey - www.livejournal.com/users/ShrinkingSherry

  3. "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I just made some Irish bacon for the first time - it was sooooo good!!

    If i didn't burn up the pan I might've gone back and cooked up the rest of
    the pack!!

    much more meat than our streaky bacon :oP

    Haven't heard of that one! Is it like Canadian bacon? Or pancetta? or...?
    It sounds very good 🙂.

    --
    Sherry
    360/?/195
    LC since 4/4/05
    My LC Journey - www.livejournal.com/users/ShrinkingSherry

  4. "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I found a photo http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/irishbacon.jpg

    It is more like bacon than ham, it seems a little more fatty than real
    canadian bacon (which seems more ham-like to me)

    it was a bit too salty but I am sensitive to that lately - but it was very
    tasty! I do love american style smoked bacon too but this was meaty and


    just

    Quoted message said:

    very flavorful.

    I wonder why we only have 1 style of bacon in the US - is it all the US? I
    am in the NorthEast and it's always been the streaky fatty bacon.


    Sometimes

    Quoted message said:

    there'd canadian bacon...

    I think there are many varieties in other countries, anyone know?

    Oh that DOES look good! I also like all kinds of bacon - well, the kinds
    I've tasted anyway which is American, Canadian, and pancetta (Italian I
    think). But in the stores it's usually our streaky kind, and small packages
    of Canadian which sell for about $7.99/lb (!).

    --
    Sherry
    360/?/195
    LC since 4/4/05
    My LC Journey - www.livejournal.com/users/ShrinkingSherry

  5. Is it a smoked type of bacon? That smokey taste is what does it for me in
    US bacon.

    "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Sherry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I just made some Irish bacon for the first time - it was sooooo good!!

    If i didn't burn up the pan I might've gone back and cooked up the rest
    of
    the pack!!

    much more meat than our streaky bacon :oP

    Haven't heard of that one! Is it like Canadian bacon? Or pancetta?
    or...?
    It sounds very good 🙂.

    I found a photo http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/irishbacon.jpg

    It is more like bacon than ham, it seems a little more fatty than real
    canadian bacon (which seems more ham-like to me)

    it was a bit too salty but I am sensitive to that lately - but it was very
    tasty! I do love american style smoked bacon too but this was meaty and


    just

    Quoted message said:

    very flavorful.

    I wonder why we only have 1 style of bacon in the US - is it all the US? I
    am in the NorthEast and it's always been the streaky fatty bacon.


    Sometimes

    Quoted message said:

    there'd canadian bacon...

    I think there are many varieties in other countries, anyone know?

    Quoted message said:


    --
    Sherry
    360/?/195
    LC since 4/4/05
    My LC Journey - www.livejournal.com/users/ShrinkingSherry

  6. "Deb" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Is it a smoked type of bacon? That smokey taste is what does it for me in
    US bacon.

    no, it's not smoked (unless it is subtle)

    I am about to make some now I will check

  7. "Deb" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Is it a smoked type of bacon? That smokey taste is what does it for me in
    US bacon.


    nope - not smoked at all but yummy,i am having 3 slices w/scrambled eggs

  8. "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I found a photo http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/irishbacon.jpg

    Oh, that's ordinary back bacon! Just had a couple of rashers for supper : )

    Nicky.

    --
    A1c 10.5/4.5/<6 Weight 95/77/72Kg
    1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine
    T2 DX 05/2004

  9. "Nicky" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I found a photo http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/irishbacon.jpg

    Oh, that's ordinary back bacon! Just had a couple of rashers for supper
    : )

    Nicky.

    --
    A1c 10.5/4.5/<6 Weight 95/77/72Kg
    1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine
    T2 DX 05/2004

    Ordinary for you maybe!! Not in the US though...I'm 33 and it's the first
    time I've had it!

  10. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]
    says...

    Quoted message said:

    I just made some Irish bacon for the first time - it was sooooo good!!

    And here I thought this was going to be a post about you waking up with
    red, itchy bumps on your skin :-)

    --
    Saffire
    205/141/125 - 5'1.5"
    Atkins since 6/14/03
    Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

  11. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]
    says...

    Quoted message said:

    "Deb" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Is it a smoked type of bacon? That smokey taste is what does it for me in
    US bacon.


    nope - not smoked at all but yummy,i am having 3 slices w/scrambled eggs

    So then, it's closer to pancetta, which is also not smoked?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.