Irvington, VA, rides and bikes

Val Licon

Guest
On Tursday I will be flying to Virgina to spend a week in the Irvington area. I NEED to ride two to
three days while I am there. Can anyone tell me of a shop/s that rent bicycles? I'd like to find a
fairly decent road bike to use. I am also interested in any good rides, between 30 and 100 miles.

Thanks Val

Not to many bike shops in that area. It is pretty lightly populated. If you do find a bike, here's a
site with some rides, a couple of which (Dragon Run and Urbanna) are just across the Rappahannock
River from Irvington.

http://users.inna.net/~lancucki/

Val LiCon <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tursday I will be flying to Virgina to spend a week in the Irvington area. I NEED to ride two
> to three days while I am there. Can anyone tell me of a shop/s that rent bicycles? I'd like to
> find a fairly decent road bike to use. I am also interested in any good rides, between 30 and
> 100 miles.
>
> Thanks Val

"Val LiCon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Tursday I will be flying to Virgina to spend a week in the Irvington area. I NEED to ride two
> to three days while I am there. Can anyone tell me of a shop/s that rent bicycles? I'd like to
> find a fairly decent road bike to use. I am also interested in any good rides, between 30 and
> 100 miles.
>
> Thanks Val

To me it looks like you should try looking in wlliamsburgh, there are a few bike shops that will
probably rent to you. From the map, it is closest possible place. I have done most of the rides on
http://users.inna.net/~lancucki/ and they are good. But if I were in your place, I' drive across the
bridge over the Rappahnock, from experiance. I crossed that bridge twice in one day, likely the
scariest thing I've ever done on a bicycle. You might want to explore the peninsula that you are on.
From the little riding I did on it, I found the roads good, people safe drivers, scenery great.
Wished I'd more time when I was there. Enjoy, Len