Irvington, VA, rides and bikes

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Val Licon, Jun 14, 2003.

  1. Val Licon

    Val Licon Guest

    On Tursday I will be flying to Virgina to spend a week in the Irvington area. I NEED to ride two to
    three days while I am there. Can anyone tell me of a shop/s that rent bicycles? I'd like to find a
    fairly decent road bike to use. I am also interested in any good rides, between 30 and 100 miles.

    Thanks Val

    Tags:

  2. Russ Baxter

    Russ Baxter Guest

    Not to many bike shops in that area. It is pretty lightly populated. If you do find a bike, here's a
    site with some rides, a couple of which (Dragon Run and Urbanna) are just across the Rappahannock
    River from Irvington.

    http://users.inna.net/~lancucki/

    Val LiCon <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Tursday I will be flying to Virgina to spend a week in the Irvington area. I NEED to ride two
    > to three days while I am there. Can anyone tell me of a shop/s that rent bicycles? I'd like to
    > find a fairly decent road bike to use. I am also interested in any good rides, between 30 and
    > 100 miles.
    >
    > Thanks Val

  3. Len

    Len Guest

    "Val LiCon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Tursday I will be flying to Virgina to spend a week in the Irvington area. I NEED to ride two
    > to three days while I am there. Can anyone tell me of a shop/s that rent bicycles? I'd like to
    > find a fairly decent road bike to use. I am also interested in any good rides, between 30 and
    > 100 miles.
    >
    > Thanks Val

    To me it looks like you should try looking in wlliamsburgh, there are a few bike shops that will
    probably rent to you. From the map, it is closest possible place. I have done most of the rides on
    http://users.inna.net/~lancucki/ and they are good. But if I were in your place, I' drive across the
    bridge over the Rappahnock, from experiance. I crossed that bridge twice in one day, likely the
    scariest thing I've ever done on a bicycle. You might want to explore the peninsula that you are on.
    From the little riding I did on it, I found the roads good, people safe drivers, scenery great.
    Wished I'd more time when I was there. Enjoy, Len