Tamyka Bell said:DaveB said:
Tamyka Bell wrote:
<snip>
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Hmmm, well while we're off topic anyway, why is it that, when you're
looking, no one's interested, and when you're not interested, suddenly
they flock to you and won't leave you be?
T
This raises my wedding ring theory. If a man is wearing a wedding ring
and starts talking to a woman they are more likely to think it's an
innocent chat as opposed to an attempt to pick up and be more receptive.
Also if you are already taken then you are more relaxed talking to the
opposite sex and become more attractive through being relaxed.
If I'd recognised all this before I got married I might have just bought
a cheap wedding ring and worn it all the time.
DaveB "tried to make this cyclign related but gave up"
I've heard that before, but there's got to be more to it than that.
Please. Oh God help me.
I blame it on the general perversity of the universe. Or, in other
words, the more you want something, the less likely you are to get it;
conversely, the less you want something, the more likely you are to get
it. Ergo, when you really, really, really want to meet and hook up with
a member of the appropriate gender, the odds of it happening are
extremely low; when you really _don't_ want it, the odds are extremely
high. And it's no good just _saying_ you don't want something; no, the
universe is far too smart for that.
At this rate, I'll probably hook up and get married around my 70th or
80th birthday...
--
My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me, and
the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@ to usenet".