"Amit" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email hidden]> wrote in
message
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:
Horner will talk to anyone, even Freds or Cat 5s. That's training
though.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:After reading the article, I'm thinking perhaps he acts up in races,
when
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:the adrenaline is flowing.
Or perhaps the author misinterpreted what was happening.
I'm surprised you didn't invoke your own theory - that most guys will be nice to anyone except
those that are a threat racing.
I don't know about most guys, but yes, some guys definitely fit that mold. There are also guys who
are nice to guys who are better than them and [censored] to everyone else.
Quoted message said:Also, smart riders know what to say to try to manipulate other riders. Even if you know someone's
trying to get in your head, the stuff they say can still affect you.
That too.
There are a lot of reasons why people get mouthy on the bike. That doesn't necessarily make them
an a-hole.
Speaking of yelling - I used to get yelled at by Freds all the time at the local practice crit. I'd
ride the crit the same way I did in a race which was always be moving forward, if there's a hole,
fill it (sounds like heather's philosophy). Oftentimes it would be outside of a Fred's comfort zone
and they'd start yelling. I would just ignore them, but sometimes the crack: "well, it wouldn't be a
problem if you weren't a Fred" would entice an even more virulent bout of screaming. One time I said
that and the dude wanted to fight me. Fragile egos, fun times.