Is it only me...

"Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I knew people that sat exams for friends and even one that sat a driving test posing as somebody
> else (they were sussed). Riding TTs for other people could be a lucrative business for a fast man.
> There must be loads of people wanting a decent time so they can get into events.

Or people not willing to get up at the crack of dawn to ride weekend TTs. I seem to have slipped
into that category these days, not being much of a "mornings person" at weekends any more. Partly
responsible for my switch to cyclo-cross and its nice afternoon starts!

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

While stranded on the hard shoulder of the information super highway [email protected] typed:

> "Ben Tansley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Coming from Manchester, I'm sure it's got to be Birmingham. You'll note
> that
>> over-sensitivity and a refusal to confront the facts are not Mancunian qualities.
>

> Definitely a Brummy screwdriver - much too unsubtle for use on the looms & spinning machines of
> the cotton industry - but ideal in the home of metal bashing :)

My Dad (a Brummy and proud of it) calls a hammer a Yankie screwdriver. When being polite, he refers
to one as an American screwdriver.

--
Trog Woolley | trog at trog hyphen oz dot demon dot co dot uk (A Croweater back residing in Pommie
Land with Linux) Isis Astarte Diana Hecate Demeter Kali Inanna

Just zis Guy, you know? sorta wrote:

> <http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?TYPE=PRODUCT&PARTNUMBER=68-135>

If you file a bit down for one of these to this sort of shape

Its a handy wheelbulding tool for screwing all the nipples on to the same depth before you start
tensioning.

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK