Is my bike suitable for Road Racing

It's made for the road, so that's good :) But, it seems you get what you pay for when it comes down to road bikes. Pay more, you get a lighter bike with better hardware, but all in all the SCR models seem to be good bikes with a good reputation, but that one is a bit on the "entry-level" side of things, but really it's fine for road racing.

That's my opinion.

SCR (OCR) is a Comfort Road Bike, yes many use it for road races but if you get serious buy a bike with racing geometry. Felt, Giant TCR, etc. ;)

City said:
...It's just that I am not sure if my bike is suitable for a first road race...
The bike you linked is certainly suitable for bike races, it's a heck of a lot nicer and quite a bit lighter than the bike I used in my first races. But the bike is a really good choice for longer tours and unless I'm mistaken the London to Brighton ride you're training for is a tour not a race. IOW, there are no official start times, finish times, racing licenses, categories or officials. You start the ride, get off to eat a bit and use the facilities along the way and finish alone or with a group. That's very different than sanctioned racing. The bike you've shown is a great choice for longer organized tours and offers better gearing and very likely better comfort than most pure racers.

Good luck,
-Dave

daveryanwyoming said:
The bike you linked is certainly suitable for bike races, it's a heck of a lot nicer and quite a bit lighter than the bike I used in my first races. But the bike is a really good choice for longer tours and unless I'm mistaken the London to Brighton ride you're training for is a tour not a race. IOW, there are no official start times, finish times, racing licenses, categories or officials. You start the ride, get off to eat a bit and use the facilities along the way and finish alone or with a group. That's very different than sanctioned racing. The bike you've shown is a great choice for longer organized tours and offers better gearing and very likely better comfort than most pure racers.

Good luck,
-Dave

Thank you.

Go ahead and race on it. It may not be quite as good as some of the bikes being raced on, but it's also better than other bikes that are being used for racing.

The most important part of the bike is the rider and the greatest variance in performance is the rider.