Is the BMC Streetfire frame Swiss-made?

BiggMakk

Oct 3, 2005
It is one of several aluminum/aluminium frames I am considering getting. But at an affordable US$775 (Competitive Cyclist) is this frame really made in Switzerland? As I recall Swiss-made things tend to be on the pricey side.

Or, is it BMC's version of Cannondale's Synapse or Colnago's CLX? Or, is it just a re-branded frame?

Mostly curious.

BiggMakk said:
It is one of several aluminum/aluminium frames I am considering getting. But at an affordable US$775 (Competitive Cyclist) is this frame really made in Switzerland? As I recall Swiss-made things tend to be on the pricey side.

Or, is it BMC's version of Cannondale's Synapse or Colnago's CLX? Or, is it just a re-branded frame?

Mostly curious.
It is most certainly not re branded. It is not made in Switzerland either. The SL01 isn't for that matter. They are still a Swiss engineered design and completely proprietary to BMC (as far as I know). They are still a great frame and where it is maade should not detract from the frame itself.

I'm with Bobby on this one. Don't worry where the frame is made - you would be surprised where most frames are made these days!