Professional Cycling · Public discussion

Is the tour now over?

Started by hilljunkie · · Last activity · 11 posts · 1,984 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Professional Cycling
Published
12 July 2005
Last activity
13 July 2005
Original author
hilljunkie
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,984
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Obviously I was hoping to see a better showing in the mountaina by lances rivals. But is there any hope left for a change at the top? Looks like Basso will finish in second again. Who will be third? Is that the only battle left? Depressing that the tour is over almost as soon as it started. I think ulrich should be the one retiring after teh tour. He's basically done nothing for an entire season except show that he has nothing left yet he's still cashing in on his top contender status!

  2. hilljunkie said:

    Obviously I was hoping to see a better showing in the mountaina by lances rivals. But is there any hope left for a change at the top? Looks like Basso will finish in second again. Who will be third? Is that the only battle left? Depressing that the tour is over almost as soon as it started. I think ulrich should be the one retiring after teh tour. He's basically done nothing for an entire season except show that he has nothing left yet he's still cashing in on his top contender status!


    Rasmussen is only :38 behind and can obviously hang with LA in the mountains. ITT will tell alot but :38 seconds aint much.

  3. Revised predictions:
    1) Lance Armstrong
    2)Ivan Basso
    3) Rasmussan

    Ullrich and Vino fight too much....no comeraderie there. Reminds me of Lemond and Hinault.

  4. hilljunkie said:

    Obviously I was hoping to see a better showing in the mountaina by lances rivals. But is there any hope left for a change at the top? Looks like Basso will finish in second again. Who will be third? Is that the only battle left? Depressing that the tour is over almost as soon as it started. I think ulrich should be the one retiring after teh tour. He's basically done nothing for an entire season except show that he has nothing left yet he's still cashing in on his top contender status!

    when was Basso second?

  5. Bjørn P.Dal said:

    when was Basso second?


    WELL, he should have been! LOL! :p

  6. hilljunkie said:

    Obviously I was hoping to see a better showing in the mountaina by lances rivals. But is there any hope left for a change at the top? Looks like Basso will finish in second again. Who will be third? Is that the only battle left? Depressing that the tour is over almost as soon as it started. I think ulrich should be the one retiring after teh tour. He's basically done nothing for an entire season except show that he has nothing left yet he's still cashing in on his top contender status!


    The tour is just beginning. There are too many kilometers to go, too many fast descents, and Ullrich has re-gained the status at T-Mobile of being the main rider. Pychologically , he will come back and put his stamp on the tour. The only difference today then the opening stage is that we now know Armstrong is really strong, the Discovery Team is really strong , and he has a lead of over 3 minutes on Ullrich....... And the one-two punch of T-Mobile is rather impotent. Oh yeah ..... And this could be the 1st year we had a "chicken" on the podium.
    Hincapie looks solid. Popo gets to enjoy taking a lesson from Lance on how to win the TDF from the front , and Kloden might get the last laugh at T-Mobile..... And we miss you Erik Zabel.

  7. Look IF LA's team can control it tomorrow (which I think they can) then THEY will win le tour. Ofcourse IF La's gets an accident or whatever. But he looks good......and his rivals don't! Like I allready said: VINO will pay for his attacks.....and he payed faster then I thought....

    hilljunkie said:

    Obviously I was hoping to see a better showing in the mountaina by lances rivals. But is there any hope left for a change at the top? Looks like Basso will finish in second again. Who will be third? Is that the only battle left? Depressing that the tour is over almost as soon as it started. I think ulrich should be the one retiring after teh tour. He's basically done nothing for an entire season except show that he has nothing left yet he's still cashing in on his top contender status!

  8. MJtje said:

    Like I allready said: VINO will pay for his attacks.....and he payed faster then I thought....


    Isn't that the truth. I expected him to falter a bit sooner or later, but today's collapse was monumental considering how strong he's looked so far. Whereas I think he has a bit of a big mouth, he's also provided a lot of fun and excitement to date, and until today was the real catalyst for any hope that Armstrong was particularly vulnerable. There's still far to go, and it's not in the bag for Armstrong yet, but I think it's safe to say Vino isn't going to be the guy who topples the King.

  9. I wouldn't even think about calling the winner until I see who survives one cat 2, four cat 1s, and one HC on stage 15. Anything can happen with that kind of leg breaker still in the mix.

  10. nope, something like two weeks left. 🙂

  11. Yep 2 more summit finishes for LA.........which won will he win?😄

    GIFF07 said:

    nope, something like two weeks left. 🙂

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.