Is this a new style Campy RD or old style

http://www.branfordbike.com/cgi-bin...sh&thispage=hub/hub08.html&ORDER_ID=172768081

Above is the only all Campy site I'm aware of that mentions something
with a picture on verifying derailleur years. Takes a while to figure
out site, but what you want should be on above page that you need.

On Jan 25, 9:38 am, "James" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Can someone tell me whether this 9-speed RD is new style or old style?
> I know the new style shifters say "9-speed" and the old ones do not.
> But what about the RD's?

It's an old-style. The tension adjuster screw on the old ones is at the
hanger mount, which is where we see it here. New-style, it's at the
lower pivot.

On Jan 25, 10:40 am, "Hank Wirtz" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 9:38 am, "James" <[email protected]> wrote:> Can someone tell me whether this 9-speed RD is new style or old style?
> > I know the new style shifters say "9-speed" and the old ones do not.
> > But what about the RD's?It's an old-style. The tension adjuster screw on the old ones is at the

> hanger mount, which is where we see it here. New-style, it's at the
> lower pivot.

Thanks, that's just what I needed. I want to convert a cross bike from
Shimano to Campy shifters.

James

On Jan 25, 10:38 am, "James" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Can someone tell me whether this 9-speed RD is new style or old style?
> I know the new style shifters say "9-speed" and the old ones do not.
> But what about the RD's?
>
> James
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%...

As has been pointed out, older style but fully compatible with any
Campag shifter, including 10s ones, regardless of what some say about
pre and post 2001 compatibility.