General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Is this an insulin pump infusion set?

Started by User · · Last activity · 6 posts · 1,816 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 January 2004
Last activity
13 January 2004
Original author
User
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,816
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Doesn't that little patch on her lower right abs look like an insulin pump infusion set? I suppose
    she took the pump off for the picture. How long can somebody with type 1 run around without the pump
    on anyway?

    images.wickedweasel.comc 1007 annalisa2.jpg

  2. Usually an hour to an hour an a half. That's assuming the pumper's bg is stable and hasn't just
    eaten a big meal! With exercise, bg isn't going to much different in a hour if the basal rate is
    only .3 or .4 per hour anyway. Losing 1/3 of a unit of insulin isn't going to make a heck of a lot
    of difference, now is it?? Say my drop rate is 1 unit drops me
    33. If I miss 1/3 of that, my bg would theoretically rise by 11 points. Whoopdee doo.

    dave

    User said:

    Doesn't that little patch on her lower right abs look like an insulin pump infusion set? I suppose
    she took the pump off for the picture. How long can somebody with type 1 run around without the
    pump on anyway?

    images.wickedweasel.comc 1007 annalisa2.jpg

  3. that patch doesn't look like the sets I use. The tape is clear, plus there is a short piece of
    tubing. Whatever she is wearing is white. Looks more like a bandage.

    dave

    User said:

    Doesn't that little patch on her lower right abs look like an insulin pump infusion set? I suppose
    she took the pump off for the picture. How long can somebody with type 1 run around without the
    pump on anyway?

    images.wickedweasel.comc 1007 annalisa2.jpg

  4. "User" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Doesn't that little patch on her lower right abs look like an insulin pump infusion set? I suppose
    she took the pump off for the picture. How long can somebody with type 1 run around without the
    pump on anyway?


    images.wickedweasel.comc 1007 annalisa2.jpg

    To someone who doesn't see the infusion sets day in and day out it may look like an infusion set but
    it isn't. I blew up the picture to be sure. The skin to the left of the "bandage" looks to be a bit
    discolored. Perhaps it is covering a tattoo or a bruise. It could also be a birth control patch, a
    quit smoking patch, etc. But sorry, not an infusion set.

    To answer your question about length of time a pumper can stay unhooked, it depends upon the person
    and the level of control they desire. I've found that I can unhook for an hour. If it is going to be
    longer I will hook back up and take a unit of insulin then unhook again. I have done this at times
    when I have worn a dress where there was absolutely no place to hide the pump. Every hour I would go
    into the ladies room, pull the pump from my purse and give myself a unit.

    --
    Marilyn

  5. ) That must be one SKIMPY dress!

    dave

    Marilyn McView said:

    "User" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Doesn't that little patch on her lower right abs look like an insulin pump infusion set? I suppose
    she took the pump off for the picture. How long can somebody with type 1 run around without the
    pump on anyway?

    images.wickedweasel.comc 1007 annalisa2.jpg

    To someone who doesn't see the infusion sets day in and day out it may look like an infusion set
    but it isn't. I blew up the picture to be sure. The skin to the left of the "bandage" looks to be
    a bit discolored. Perhaps it is covering a tattoo or a bruise. It could also be a birth control
    patch, a quit smoking patch, etc. But sorry, not an infusion set.

    To answer your question about length of time a pumper can stay unhooked, it depends upon the
    person and the level of control they desire. I've found that I can unhook for an hour. If it is
    going to be longer I will hook back up and take a unit of insulin then unhook again. I have done
    this at times when I have worn a dress where there was absolutely no place to hide the pump. Every
    hour I would go into the ladies room, pull the pump from my purse and give myself a unit.

    --
    Marilyn

  6. I agree, looks like a Band-Aid.

    The Ortho-Evra contraceptive patch is flesh colored, as are most blood pressure and smoking patches.

    Since Annalisa is from Italy, their medication patches may be a different color, but it still looks
    more like a band aid.

    A quite conspicuous Band Aid, I might add, since the WickedWeasel bikini has almost the same square
    footage of coverage.

    Cheers,

    WCB

    "Wicked Weasel is exclusively for naughty girls to wear and men to look at. "

    "Hi! I'm Annalisa, I'm 23 years old and I'm an italian girl. The potos are made during my last
    holiday this summer...in the wonderfull Formentera, the smaller Baleari's island! I was there with
    my boyfriend and we had a lot of fun there. I had to say thank you to him because he make me
    discover your site and your wonderfull bikinis that I have been looking for so a long time. So thank
    you everybody! "

    "Marilyn McView" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:qi%hb.95925$%h1.93761@sccrnsc02...

    Quoted message said:

    "User" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Doesn't that little patch on her lower right abs look like an insulin pump infusion set? I
    suppose she took the pump off for the picture. How long can somebody with type 1 run around
    without the pump on anyway?



    images.wickedweasel.comc 1007 annalisa2.jpg

    Quoted message said:


    To someone who doesn't see the infusion sets day in and day out it may


    look

    Quoted message said:

    like an infusion set but it isn't. I blew up the picture to be sure.


    The

    Quoted message said:

    skin to the left of the "bandage" looks to be a bit discolored. Perhaps


    it

    Quoted message said:

    is covering a tattoo or a bruise. It could also be a birth control patch,


    a

    Quoted message said:

    quit smoking patch, etc. But sorry, not an infusion set.

    To answer your question about length of time a pumper can stay unhooked,


    it

    Quoted message said:

    depends upon the person and the level of control they desire. I've found that I can unhook for an
    hour. If it is going to be longer I will hook


    back

    Quoted message said:

    up and take a unit of insulin then unhook again. I have done this at


    times

    Quoted message said:

    when I have worn a dress where there was absolutely no place to hide the pump. Every hour I would
    go into the ladies room, pull the pump from my purse and give myself a unit.

    --
    Marilyn

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.