General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Is this stock? :-)

Started by OmManiPadmeOmelet · · Last activity · 44 posts · 711 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 March 2006
Last activity
22 March 2006
Original author
OmManiPadmeOmelet
Posts
44
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
711
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–44 of 44
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,

    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Miche said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Ever made trotter stock? :-)

    No, sadly! Trotters are getting hard to find here, as are ham hocks. I
    need to find some hocks soon, it's getting up to pea soup weather.

    Miche

    Mmmm... Hock stock comes out nearly as thick as trotter stock!
    I just used some of that to make rice over the weekend...

    Have you tried any oriental markets? Mine sells whole pig legs and I
    have them cut them at the joint so I get one hock and one trotter per
    leg. I took pics last time I was there, just have not shrunk them yet
    for posting.

    I live in a wee tiny city in New Zealand. I think we have two oriental
    "supermarkets", and neither of them sells fresh meat. I really should
    go and have a chat to my neighbourhood butcher (I feel fortunate in that
    I still have one!)

    Quoted message said:

    And I agree, hock stock is awesome for split peas. ;-d

    Yep. Just remember to add enough pepper. 🙂

    Miche

    --
    WWMVD?

  2. On Tue 21 Mar 2006 08:29:09a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
    OmManiPadmeOmelet?

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Miche said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Miche <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > In article <[email hidden]>,
    > Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > On Sun 19 Mar 2006 07:15:44a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
    > > OmManiPadmeOmelet?
    > >
    > > > Made from pressure cooked chicken feet.
    > > > Pressure cooked for 45 minutes then strained and refrigerated
    > > > overnight:
    > > >
    > > > http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=rs8qwh
    > >
    > > Well, it looks like stock. :-) Does stock made from chicken feet
    > > alone taste the same as chicken stock made with othe parts?
    >
    > No, it tastes _better_! I adore stock made from feets.

    Ever made trotter stock? :-)

    No, sadly! Trotters are getting hard to find here, as are ham hocks.
    I need to find some hocks soon, it's getting up to pea soup weather.

    Miche

    Mmmm... Hock stock comes out nearly as thick as trotter stock!
    I just used some of that to make rice over the weekend...

    Have you tried any oriental markets? Mine sells whole pig legs and I
    have them cut them at the joint so I get one hock and one trotter per
    leg. I took pics last time I was there, just have not shrunk them yet
    for posting.

    And I agree, hock stock is awesome for split peas. ;-d

    Smoked hocks and their stock are an absolutely requirement for me when I
    make a bot of beans or greens. I can't imagine them without it.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    ____________________

    BIOYA

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Miche said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Miche said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Ever made trotter stock? :-)

    No, sadly! Trotters are getting hard to find here, as are ham hocks. I
    need to find some hocks soon, it's getting up to pea soup weather.

    Miche

    Mmmm... Hock stock comes out nearly as thick as trotter stock!
    I just used some of that to make rice over the weekend...

    Have you tried any oriental markets? Mine sells whole pig legs and I
    have them cut them at the joint so I get one hock and one trotter per
    leg. I took pics last time I was there, just have not shrunk them yet
    for posting.

    I live in a wee tiny city in New Zealand. I think we have two oriental
    "supermarkets", and neither of them sells fresh meat. I really should
    go and have a chat to my neighbourhood butcher (I feel fortunate in that
    I still have one!)

    Goodness! Of course! :-)

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    And I agree, hock stock is awesome for split peas. ;-d

    Yep. Just remember to add enough pepper. 🙂

    White pepper...... <G>

    Quoted message said:


    Miche


    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  4. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Wayne Boatwright wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com said:

    On Tue 21 Mar 2006 08:29:09a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
    OmManiPadmeOmelet?

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Miche said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > In article <[email hidden]>,
    > Miche <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <[email hidden]>,
    > > Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > On Sun 19 Mar 2006 07:15:44a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
    > > > OmManiPadmeOmelet?
    > > >
    > > > > Made from pressure cooked chicken feet.
    > > > > Pressure cooked for 45 minutes then strained and refrigerated
    > > > > overnight:
    > > > >
    > > > > http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=rs8qwh
    > > >
    > > > Well, it looks like stock. :-) Does stock made from chicken feet
    > > > alone taste the same as chicken stock made with othe parts?
    > >
    > > No, it tastes _better_! I adore stock made from feets.
    >
    > Ever made trotter stock? :-)

    No, sadly! Trotters are getting hard to find here, as are ham hocks.
    I need to find some hocks soon, it's getting up to pea soup weather.

    Miche

    Mmmm... Hock stock comes out nearly as thick as trotter stock!
    I just used some of that to make rice over the weekend...

    Have you tried any oriental markets? Mine sells whole pig legs and I
    have them cut them at the joint so I get one hock and one trotter per
    leg. I took pics last time I was there, just have not shrunk them yet
    for posting.

    And I agree, hock stock is awesome for split peas. ;-d

    Smoked hocks and their stock are an absolutely requirement for me when I
    make a bot of beans or greens. I can't imagine them without it.

    I've not purchased smoked hocks, but I'll use fresh hocks, then add
    bacon. :-)
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.