Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

IsoTruss Open Lattice Structure for Bicycle Frames

Started by bicycle_disciple · · Last activity · 7 posts · 515 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
22 January 2008
Last activity
23 January 2008
Original author
bicycle_disciple
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
515
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've written an entry on this structure, popularized by the Delta 7
    mountain bike that came out of Interbike last year.

    http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com/2008/01/isotruss-open-lattice-structure-for.html

    Does any one have comments on the practicality of such a far going
    design?

    B.D

  2. bicycle_disciple said:

    I've written an entry on this structure, popularized by the Delta 7
    mountain bike that came out of Interbike last year.
    http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com/2008/01/isotruss-open-lattice-structure-for.html
    Does any one have comments on the practicality of such a far going
    design?

    Needs a curvy carbon fork.
    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

  3. bicycle_disciple said:

    I've written an entry on this structure, popularized by the Delta 7
    mountain bike that came out of Interbike last year.

    http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com/2008/01/isotruss-open-lattice-structure-


    for.html

    Quoted message said:


    Does any one have comments on the practicality of such a far going
    design?

    Ah yes, the cheese-grater bike:

    http://tinyurl.com/2pjmfx

    Amid all the mockery, the author does have some cogent things to say
    about the bike's practicality.

  4. Gary Young said:
    bicycle_disciple said:

    I've written an entry on this structure, popularized by the Delta 7
    mountain bike that came out of Interbike last year.

    Quoted message said:

    http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com/2008/01/isotruss-open-lattice-structure-


    for.html

    Quoted message said:

    Does any one have comments on the practicality of such a far going
    design?

    Ah yes, the cheese-grater bike:

    http://tinyurl.com/2pjmfx

    Amid all the mockery, the author does have some cogent things to say
    about the bike's practicality.

    Thanks for the link. While the author was downright hilarious, the
    comments were more interesting.

    B.D
    http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com

  5. bicycle_disciple said:

    I've written an entry on this structure, popularized by the Delta 7
    mountain bike that came out of Interbike last year.

    http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com/2008/01/isotruss-open-lattice-structure-for.html

    Does any one have comments on the practicality of such a far going
    design?

    I won't claim to be COMPLETELY immune to the aestethic appearence of my bike, but being pleasing to the eye (of others) is definitely a low priority concern when I'm hitting the trails. Heck, helmeted, goggled and wearing lycra it's a losing battle anyhow...

    But what is it good for? Apparently it isn't any lighter than the "average" high end frame.
    Is it stiffer or stronger in a way that's useful to me?
    Or does it flex or absorb vibrations enough to boost rider comfort?

    Will it be less sensitive to point impacts than an ordinary tubular structure?
    Easier to repair?

    From what I've read of the links it appears to be a more expensive way of supplying yet another adequate solution to an engineering problem.

  6. On Jan 22, 2:55 am, dabac <dabac.33l...@no-

    mx.forums.cyclingforums.com said:
    bicycle_disciple said:

    I've written an entry on this structure, popularized by the Delta 7
    mountain bike that came out of Interbike last year.

    Quoted message said:

    http://tinyurl.com/2dgvxl

    Quoted message said:

    Does any one have comments on the practicality of such a far going
    design?

    I won't claim to be COMPLETELY immune to the aestethic appearence of my
    bike, but being pleasing to the eye (of others) is definitely a low
    priority concern when I'm hitting the trails. Heck, helmeted, goggled
    and wearing lycra it's a losing battle anyhow...

    But what is it good for? Apparently it isn't any lighter than the
    "average" high end frame.
    Is it stiffer or stronger in a way that's useful to me?
    Or does it flex or absorb vibrations enough to boost rider comfort?

    Will it be less sensitive to point impacts than an ordinary tubular
    structure?
    Easier to repair?

    From what I've read of the links it appears to be a more expensive way
    of supplying yet another adequate solution to an engineering problem.

    The next generation will actually trap agressive squirrels and prevent
    them from going in to your spokes. -- Jay Beattie.

  7. Jay Beattie said:

    The next generation will actually trap agressive squirrels and prevent
    them from going in to your spokes. -- Jay Beattie.

    nah, I don't want that. I'd be more interested in having one of these:

    [IMG]images.jupiterimages.com23210026.jpg[/IMG] integrated with the wheel instead and catch them there. Let the buggers earn their ride...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.