ITU is as Messed up as USA Triathlon!

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Tacguy, Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Tacguy

    Tacguy Guest

    First it was a Blue Ribbon commission that forced USA Triathlon to
    have an Emergency Election because of problems with that governing
    body. Now the ITU is throwing out an Olympic qualifier the very week
    of the Olympic Triathlon!

    The International Olympic Committee informed Portugal on Thursday that
    the triathlon union decided Zelenkova should go instead.

    It was the second time Areosa was turned down because of
    administrative mistakes.

    The 19-year-old athlete appeared to have qualified for Athens last May
    in the Triathlon World Championship at Madeira, but four days later
    she was excluded after corrections in the points ranking.

    "An unfortunate error by an overworked technical team has resulted in
    a reassessment of the replacement for Christiane Pilz," the ITU said
    in a statement.

    As Trump would say "You're Fired"!

    Obviously we need new management at both Federations because of these
    problems.

    Tags:

  2. >First it was a Blue Ribbon commission that forced USA Triathlon to
    >have an Emergency Election because of problems with that governing
    >body.

    I've been out of the loop for a couple years. What happened? Gotta be that
    jackass ray I was warning everyone about, saw a mess coming a long time ago
    with those shortsighted greedy power hungry usat dimwits. I hope they have not
    ruined the sport for you all.

  3. Sam

    Sam Guest

    "Tacguy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > First it was a Blue Ribbon commission that forced USA Triathlon to
    > have an Emergency Election because of problems with that governing
    > body. Now the ITU is throwing out an Olympic qualifier the very week
    > of the Olympic Triathlon!
    >
    > The International Olympic Committee informed Portugal on Thursday that
    > the triathlon union decided Zelenkova should go instead.
    >
    > It was the second time Areosa was turned down because of
    > administrative mistakes.
    >
    > The 19-year-old athlete appeared to have qualified for Athens last May
    > in the Triathlon World Championship at Madeira, but four days later
    > she was excluded after corrections in the points ranking.
    >
    > "An unfortunate error by an overworked technical team has resulted in
    > a reassessment of the replacement for Christiane Pilz," the ITU said
    > in a statement.
    >
    > As Trump would say "You're Fired"!
    >
    > Obviously we need new management at both Federations because of these
    > problems.

    Someone made an error. I guess the next time you make an error, you will
    expect to be fired.

  4. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Dan Empfield over at Slowtwitch.com has been following the issue and
    has posted some pretty good observations. He, obviously, has a stake
    in the whole thing, though.

    Cheers,

    Brian

  5. IMKen

    IMKen Guest

    Hey, tell us something we didn't know. Both groups screwed the sport up
    long ago when the Olympic triathlon subject came up and they produced this
    abortion of a sport they like to call "Olympic Triathlon". Being accepted
    into the Olympics produced money beyond what their little minds could
    comprehend and they wanted all of it they could get their grubby little
    hands on.

    Ken