ITU is as Messed up as USA Triathlon!

Tacguy

Guest
First it was a Blue Ribbon commission that forced USA Triathlon to
have an Emergency Election because of problems with that governing
body. Now the ITU is throwing out an Olympic qualifier the very week
of the Olympic Triathlon!

The International Olympic Committee informed Portugal on Thursday that
the triathlon union decided Zelenkova should go instead.

It was the second time Areosa was turned down because of
administrative mistakes.

The 19-year-old athlete appeared to have qualified for Athens last May
in the Triathlon World Championship at Madeira, but four days later
she was excluded after corrections in the points ranking.

"An unfortunate error by an overworked technical team has resulted in
a reassessment of the replacement for Christiane Pilz," the ITU said
in a statement.

As Trump would say "You're Fired"!

Obviously we need new management at both Federations because of these
problems.

>First it was a Blue Ribbon commission that forced USA Triathlon to
>have an Emergency Election because of problems with that governing
>body.

I've been out of the loop for a couple years. What happened? Gotta be that
jackass ray I was warning everyone about, saw a mess coming a long time ago
with those shortsighted greedy power hungry usat dimwits. I hope they have not
ruined the sport for you all.

"Tacguy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> First it was a Blue Ribbon commission that forced USA Triathlon to
> have an Emergency Election because of problems with that governing
> body. Now the ITU is throwing out an Olympic qualifier the very week
> of the Olympic Triathlon!
>
> The International Olympic Committee informed Portugal on Thursday that
> the triathlon union decided Zelenkova should go instead.
>
> It was the second time Areosa was turned down because of
> administrative mistakes.
>
> The 19-year-old athlete appeared to have qualified for Athens last May
> in the Triathlon World Championship at Madeira, but four days later
> she was excluded after corrections in the points ranking.
>
> "An unfortunate error by an overworked technical team has resulted in
> a reassessment of the replacement for Christiane Pilz," the ITU said
> in a statement.
>
> As Trump would say "You're Fired"!
>
> Obviously we need new management at both Federations because of these
> problems.

Someone made an error. I guess the next time you make an error, you will
expect to be fired.

Dan Empfield over at Slowtwitch.com has been following the issue and
has posted some pretty good observations. He, obviously, has a stake
in the whole thing, though.

Cheers,

Brian

Hey, tell us something we didn't know. Both groups screwed the sport up
long ago when the Olympic triathlon subject came up and they produced this
abortion of a sport they like to call "Olympic Triathlon". Being accepted
into the Olympics produced money beyond what their little minds could
comprehend and they wanted all of it they could get their grubby little
hands on.

Ken