Ivan Basso riding a Seven in SoCal?

caffetrieste said:
I think this story has been floating around for a while, but cycleto.com has photos of Ivan on his Seven, and the actual drawing that Seven used to build the bike. Pretty cool.

http://cycleto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=134:basso-is-back&catid=14:first-person-stories&Itemid=6
He has also ridden a Pinarello during his Fassa Bortolo days. I believe his Marvel showed up on ebay once. Ti isn't dead. And yes this story has floated around. I saw something similar on podiumcafe.

Pete

PeterF said:
He has also ridden a Pinarello during his Fassa Bortolo days. I believe his Marvel showed up on ebay once. Ti isn't dead. And yes this story has floated around. I saw something similar on podiumcafe.

Pete

Ti(and steel) are far from 'dead' Both are great materials, last a long time, look great and ride great. Just the 'big boys(and many small boys) are awash with the extremely marketed material of today-carbon.

Peter@vecchios said:
Ti(and steel) are far from 'dead' Both are great materials, last a long time, look great and ride great. Just the 'big boys(and many small boys) are awash with the extremely marketed material of today-carbon.

I meant to say dead amongst the pro's. I'm sure carbon makes for a great frame, but I'm still having fun on my aluminum and steel bikes.

Careful on materials. Take a look on line at some of the frames used for the classics season. Not all of that stuff is carbon...

Powerful Pete said:
Careful on materials. Take a look on line at some of the frames used for the classics season. Not all of that stuff is carbon...

A few Scandium offerings out there, but they are becoming fewer and fewer each year.

Occasionally you will even find steel frames. IIRC Ballan raced on a one-off steel Wilier for the classics season 2~3 years ago...