Jeans for cyclists

Jens Kurt Heyck

Guest
So I've done this cycling thing for a bit, with the result that I now have a 28-inch waist and
23-inch thighs. Now the problem is I can't find any jeans that fit. The local dept store sent me to
the children's section, since menswear only carries down to a 29-waist. Yup, I'm getting
"garanimals"!

All the jeans I try are way too big in the waist or way too tight in the thighs (including the
'relaxed fit' ones).

Does anyone know a brand that fits cyclists bodies better?

tia

Jens

Try Nordstrom's Brass Plum.

hth

"Jens Kurt Heycke" <[email protected]>

> All the jeans I try are way too big in the waist or way too tight in the thighs (including the
> 'relaxed fit' ones).
>
> Does anyone know a brand that fits cyclists bodies better?
>
> tia
>
> Jens

>Does anyone know a brand that fits cyclists bodies better?

I don't know a brand, but is there a ranch or farm supply store near you? they tend to carry a lot
mose sizes than a dept. store. Smith Roedel

In article <[email protected]>, "Jens Kurt Heycke"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> So I've done this cycling thing for a bit, with the result that I now have a 28-inch waist and
> 23-inch thighs. Now the problem is I can't find any jeans that fit. The local dept store sent me
> to the children's section, since menswear only carries down to a 29-waist. Yup, I'm getting
> "garanimals"!
>
> All the jeans I try are way too big in the waist or way too tight in the thighs (including the
> 'relaxed fit' ones).
>
> Does anyone know a brand that fits cyclists bodies better?

I once had that problem, though it was 28-inch waist and 22-inch thighs. Thankfully (?) my waist has
"ballooned" to 30-31 and my thighs are the same.

I've found that Old Navy loose fit jeans are okay for fit. The fashions cater to the young (and
still-growing) crowd, so waist sizes go down to 30 or 28. However, the fabric doesn't wear very well
and will develop holes in embarrassing places, and depending on your age, you may look like an aging
teen-wannabe slacker.

Recently I bought some Gap loose-fit and relaxed-fit jeans, whose fabric is supposedly
longer-wearing, but they are a little narrower in the thighs.

Van

--
Van Bagnol / v a n at wco dot com / c r l at bagnol dot com ...enjoys - Theatre / Windsurfing /
Skydiving / Mountain Biking ...feels - "Parang lumalakad ako sa loob ng paniginip" ...thinks - "An

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 03:41:46 GMT, "Jens Kurt Heycke" <[email protected]> wrote:

>All the jeans I try are way too big in the waist or way too tight in the thighs (including the
>'relaxed fit' ones).

Years ago I had a pair of Easy jeans with pleats, but now I tend to wear cords or shorts.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

on Tue, 21 Jan 2003 03:41:46 GMT, "Jens Kurt Heycke" <[email protected]> wrote:

>So I've done this cycling thing for a bit, with the result that I now have a 28-inch waist and
>23-inch thighs. Now the problem is I can't find any jeans that fit. The local dept store sent me to
>the children's section, since menswear only carries down to a 29-waist. Yup, I'm getting
>"garanimals"!
>
>All the jeans I try are way too big in the waist or way too tight in the thighs (including the
>'relaxed fit' ones).
>
>Does anyone know a brand that fits cyclists bodies better?
>
>tia
>
>Jens

I hear ya!

I can't find ANY casual clothes that properly fit a 'fit' individual! Seems all the menswear here in
the US is designed for fat people.

I can't bring myself to take my flannel work shirts to the tailor for adjustments.

Anyway, my preference is for regular fit Lee jeans.

Glenn 2002 Burley HepCat remove .invalid from e-mail address when replying

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I tried most of the suggested brands and had the best luck
with Gap brand "Relaxed fit". Still had to buy them a size too large in the waist, but at least they
aren't too tight in the thighs.

I'm also thinking about having a tailor in Bangkok make some custom ones for me. I did this with my
suits, with great results at relatively low costs.

-- Jens